• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3135 clone parts changeable with gen parts?

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hi, Im just curious that if i buy the 3135 clone, i want to mod the movement. What i mean is change the rep mainspring, gears,axle for oscillating weight and etc to the gen. If it is possible, it might make the clone as accurate as the gen. Am i right to say that? It is possible? Thanks

Ps. If it is possible, it might be interesting to work with you guys. And as a result, we can improve on the clone 3135.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Not really familiar with the clone however, I'd do some research and make sure the clone movement can accept gen parts. Not sure how close it is to the gen design. Balance is different and not sure about the inner workings. Good luck!

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
OMG! I didnt expect the hands doesnt fit though... Cus puretime say that it will fit...

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Oh.. At first i read i was like the happiest man on earth though cus i thought it can be franken... This is what i wanted to buy..http://puretime.co/product/submariner-116610-ln-sa3135-best-edition/
As you can see they say: (The first real 3135 clone movement, this movement has 100% same size as original and you can install it inside a genuine case, install a genuine dial and hands on it)...

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Oh... No wonder why i sometimes heard ppl saying do not trust what you see on the internet... Now i have understand what they mean...

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Btw i have ask pure time and they say it can change the gen dial and hands though...

Member X

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
You trust someone trying to sell you something to tell you anything other than what you want to hear? ;) :p

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Im just curious though.. Cus i also wanted to put gen dials and hands on the clone.. Nvr mind if cannot change but do you guys recommend me to buy a SA3135 or asian clone? Cus i have ask Bonesey and he say choose the asian clone..

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'd take the Asian clone personally. The only thing cloned on the SA3135 is the size. The rest of it is marketing BS and hype that it doesn't live up to.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
A2836 175%!
The A3135 is NOT a clone of the Rolex 3135 movement in many respects, and does not have a good track record thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fidhle007

13/8/11
Resident SA3135 expert chiming in:

The SA3135 is a great movement SOMETIMES. I think the QC on these is kind of hit or miss, I've had one that has been flawless and one that eventually went in the scrap pile, it's a risk you have to be willing to take. There is a V2 of the SA3135 that I have yet to get my hands on but based on what we've seen it looks like the stem and winding mechanism have been improved and hopefully the rampant broken stems will be a thing of the past. The SA3135 WILL take a gen dial and hands, I've done it several times. Someday I'll try to upgrade the balance and such but I'm a ways off from that point at the present moment.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
So what do you mean? Is SA3135 a better choice than asian clone? What i like about SA3135 is the bridge have the word and can put ten dials and hands. But i have read a few thread say that their 3135 clone have a few seconds behind..

Fidhle007

13/8/11
You have to separate the two "clones" in your mind first. There is the previously available "3135 Clone" which was really just a 2836 with some red gears and was know to be unreliable. There is now the SA3135 which, while not a true CLONE of the 3135, is a whole lot closer then the previous option.

All that said, when people say "asian clone" they could also be referring to the asian clones of the ETA movements, namely the 2824 and 2836 most commonly used in rep watches. These are usually the cheapest and most reliable options short of a genuine ETA swiss movement.

The SA3135 is the only movement that will take a gen dial and hands without modification though.

I hope that helps!

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Thanks for your reply... Im still considering which one to buy.. But based on your choice/experience which do you prefer? The Asian clone of eta or SA3135?

Fidhle007

13/8/11
Like I said, it entirely depends on what you want to do with it. If you want an affordable watch that looks decent and tells time, get one with an ETA clone. If you want to tear it apart and modify it, get the SA3135. Personally, there is nothing about the SA3135 16610 subs that I like other then the movement so I usually end up scrapping the rest of the watch.

If this is a first or second purchase and you don't plan on modding yet, get the ETA clone.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Ok thanks. Because i plan to buy a milgauss too but there have alot of choices have eta clone and sw200... So if I buy I will choose the Eta clone..