• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does this PO Ceramic Look Similar?

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hey chaps, i know killbill who post a thread regarding that a few of our TD have stock the ceramic bezel though... But what they have done is copy exact the same of the non-ceramic and put a ceramic bezel. Thats it. They had not done anything to the bracelet clasp, seamaster instead of clear case back, Dial which have the happy feet logo, hands and etc... Its like mitsubishi do the Evo 9 by using Evo 8 and change it to 9...

But I'm quite interested to buy one from Puretime and franken it. But thats a problem is that the gen dials, hands and date wheel is for Omega Caliber 8500 which is an in-house movement and its not made by ETA and as a result i don't think it could be change where the rep is consist of two movement either asian clone or ETA. Secondly, is the bezel. Where the non-ceramic version have problem of swapping the bezel (for 45mm only, not 42mm) but on the rep it is 45mm. So I'm not sure does the bezel can be change.

Theres some picture between the gen and the rep. I think theres something wrong with the color or due to the camera or maybe i getting old and my eye sight poor(btw i just 20+ though...)?

The Gen:

http://www.omegawatches.com/fileadmin/images/watches/soldier-detail/23292462103001-20.png

Source: Omega website

The rep:

http://www.puretime.co/published/publicdata/PTWWEBASYST/attachments/SC/products_pictures/Omega-2011-12-06-02-01_enl.jpg

Source: Puretime website

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
Still looks rubbish. Wrong bezel, strap, color etc.

I fear it'll be a while before we see a good rep of the LiquidMetal PO.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
But I think we have to wait for ages though... Cus omega released the ceramic bezel for po last year and I think the manufacturer of the rep watch do v1,2,3 and so fourth the version of this watch...

goonx

Known Member
18/4/12
stick with the UPO until something decent comes out. you're sacrificing too much for the ceramic version.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
The case on the new ceramic PO is a completely different case. Factories will have to figure out how to build a new case completely before these new reps are any good...

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Yeap.. But theres a lot for the rep manufacturer to do.. Cus the most obvious part of the watch is the back where the gen is transparent case back and have the bridge and rotor engraved.. But currently on the rep is the normal UPO case back..