• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Right To Bear Arms

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Considering how many gun owners are there in America, Do you know how many psychologists we would need?

There are many car owners in America, yet there are enough people to sit with them through the road test.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
There are many car owners in America, yet there are enough people to sit with them through the road test.

It takes more to be psychologist than to be a DMV employee. Process is longer and harder. No offence to DMV people. Grow up. I am out.

i_like_shiney_things

24/10/13
America does have a gun problem. I agree 100%.
There is no way to fix it though.
I was respectful towards you. My sarcasm was intended towards mzcool.

Gun crime in Seoul. Those people in Colorado were not aware what was about to happen to them. What I am saying is that there is a first time for everything and it is better if you are prepared. I have gun carry permit and while i don't intend to kill or hurt anybody, i do want to protect myself and that is why i carry my gun.

I'm not against anybodies right to own, and even carry with them, a gun of they feel they want/need to... I simply don't feel the need in the UK or in Korea (and remember there are millions of crazy dudes trying to make nukes being ruled by an overweight midget 40k away from me at the moment lol).

You're absolutely right that there is always a first time, however there is also a tipping point where so many people carry guns that it becomes part of the culture at least as much as a matter of security. I have friends from Texas, admittedly a little crazy, who love their guns more than their wives and would wear them everywhere even if gun crime vanished tomorrow ;)

It's an incredibly delicate situation and one that there is no quick or easy fix for... something does need to changes, as most in this thread agree; the really hard thing is... HOW?
:r2d4:

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
I'm not against anybodies right to own, and even carry with them, a gun of they feel they want/need to... I simply don't feel the need in the UK or in Korea (and remember there are millions of crazy dudes trying to make nukes being ruled by an overweight midget 40k away from me at the moment lol).

You're absolutely right that there is always a first time, however there is also a tipping point where so many people carry guns that it becomes part of the culture at least as much as a matter of security. I have friends from Texas, admittedly a little crazy, who love their guns more than their wives and would wear them everywhere even if gun crime vanished tomorrow ;)

It's an incredibly delicate situation and one that there is no quick or easy fix for... something does need to changes, as most in this thread agree; the really hard thing is... HOW?
:r2d4:

I have asked that question multiple times already. The fourth time, HOW to fix it?

Sent from 1:1 app mad with a gen Tapatalk as sample.

i_like_shiney_things

24/10/13
I have asked that question multiple times already. The fourth time, HOW to fix it?

Sent from 1:1 app mad with a gen Tapatalk as sample.

That's kind of my whole point... it's not something that can easily be fixed now.

A start would be to have stricter background checks on potential gun owners, of course this would only be slapping the tip of the iceberg but any start is good ;)

Second for me would be to get rid of the NRA and replace it with a similar body that isn't basically run by weapons manufacturers (sad but true). At this point please don't lambast me with how great the NRA is or I'll reply with dozens of examples of them being complete money driven pricks :) I'm not saying you don't need an organization like that, you do of course, I'm just saying they shouldn't be financed by the people who make the guns lol

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Gun crime in Seoul. Those people in Colorado were not aware what was about to happen to them. What I am saying is that there is a first time for everything and it is better if you are prepared. .

I presume you wear a parachute when you're flying off on a holiday.... :rofl:

sorry, carry on......