• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEEDZ HELP with SA bezel and crystal...

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Cant get the bezel off from the crystal? Am I missing something?

Bezel is removed and the crystal came with it but now I cant get the crystal out from the bezel so that I can install my gen bezel.

Any help asap would be awesome

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
I won't be of much help, it took me over an hour to remove it.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Do you unscrew the screws? Is there a retaining ring I'm not aware of? I'm so lost...these are more complicated than pams!!!

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Yes, you need to take the screws out, and then you need to find a way to take the rotating bezel off the supposed-to-be-fixed bezel.

I'd ask that guy with the double spring method how he did it, because my way of doing things involves trashing the old bezel.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Ya got the screws out (which is a PITA - half of them stripped)

So now how the heck do I get the crystal out? Push the crystal out? is there something locking it in?

Breitest24

18/2/10
ohh i did that to my super avenger. From what I can remember I attacked it from the underside with two small screwdrivers. Its held by a c clamp ring.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
ohh i did that to my super avenger. From what I can remember I attacked it from the underside with two small screwdrivers. Its held by a c clamp ring.

Excuse me for being a Breitling noob, but where is this C clamp?

doni01

26/12/08
Coldi, I actually cut mine off !! Used a small file and went to work. Just careful with the crystal. Needles to say tha bezel will be no good anymore :)

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Coldi, I actually cut mine off !! Used a small file and went to work. Just careful with the crystal. Needles to say tha bezel will be no good anymore :)

Im almost to that point. This thing is pissing me off. Still dont want to cut it off if I can avoid it...still need some help. Dont make me break out my dremel...

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
I bet I messed with this thing two hours last night. So I just cut it. :)

Now another question...the retaining ring that was inside the rep Bezel...Will that swap out ok if I put it in the gen Bezel. Or am I going to have to make one? This is the metal ring that is bent like an octagon.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
I bet I messed with this thing two hours last night. So I just cut it. :)

Now another question...the retaining ring that was inside the rep Bezel...Will that swap out ok if I put it in the gen Bezel. Or am I going to have to make one? This is the metal ring that is bent like an octagon.

I made one.

CLS used the gen one and sourced some longer screws

That other guy in the other thread said he used both the gen and the rep spring. I'm not sure how, but that's what he said.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Ya I saw he used two Bezels but how is beyond me seeing that there are only two holes in the case to secure it..

What I'm talking about if the little paper clip looking metal thing that his inside the Bezel. Not the little metal one that sits on the case

doni01

26/12/08
Ya I saw he used two Bezels but how is beyond me seeing that there are only two holes in the case to secure it..

What I'm talking about if the little paper clip looking metal thing that his inside the Bezel. Not the little metal one that sits on the case

Coldi,
In order to put the Gen Bezel on, you would need them both the Gen and Rep Clip one on top of each other. Unless you have the longer screws !! Now you are all set :) I will send you the bill in the mail :D

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Just to be sure we're all talking about the same thing, this is a bezel spring:

513638d1316001979-smp-1993-looking-bezel-spring-smpbezelsprings02-1.jpg

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Yes sir!

Will the rep one work in the gen Bezel assembly

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
The rep is thinner than the gen, but the gen sits pretty well in the bezel, so I dont' really understad how you can put one on top of the other.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
What's this called so I can put a wtb out on the forums