• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

love_in_jumbo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/23
South Korea
Hi, I have looked though all threads that have 15400 in the title. But still have one question.

Comparing ZF v2 <> APS v3, I have seen opinions of prefering APS when building a franken.

Now that there is ZF v3 in the market, I wonder what is the better base for starting a franken project.

Also really curious what woul be Legend’s personal opinion too.

Thank you everyone!

Reactions: nathanwind

GeneralRep

15/6/23
Uranus
ISTR ZF v3 has been around for quite a while, so not sure what info that statement is based on?
Either way, from the data I have collated here and in other fora, the consensus is that APS have the better bracelet, bezel and overall quality feel of the steel and finishing, i.e. more "gen like". However, the ZF seems to fare better with the dial, especially the blue one.

Hence, if I was to Franken I would go for a ZF for the better dial since finding gen dial is expensive, while getting the metal brushed and polished to spec far cheaper and gives a nicer overall look.

nathanwind

30/4/23
NY, USA
ISTR ZF v3 has been around for quite a while, so not sure what info that statement is based on?
Either way, from the data I have collated here and in other fora, the consensus is that APS have the better bracelet, bezel and overall quality feel of the steel and finishing, i.e. more "gen like". However, the ZF seems to fare better with the dial, especially the blue one.

Hence, if I was to Franken I would go for a ZF for the better dial since finding gen dial is expensive, while getting the metal brushed and polished to spec far cheaper and gives a nicer overall look.

Interesting comment about the dial, to be honest I recently went with the ASPF V3 15400 in blue actually because I thought the dial you had posted in your 'APSF 15400 experience' thread looked really, really nice (and the ASPF V3 had lots of other "positive feedback" that I had seen versus the ZF).

Reactions: GeneralRep

love_in_jumbo

22/7/23
South Korea

I wrote a misleading comment about “now zf v3 in on the market”

Yes you are right, and I also know it has been on the market a while.

What I meant to ask was, I could not find comparison between both of V3.

Sorry for lack of Eng communication skill

Reactions: GeneralRep

GeneralRep

15/6/23
Uranus
Interesting comment about the dial, to be honest I recently went with the ASPF V3 15400 in blue actually because I thought the dial you had posted in your 'APSF 15400 experience' thread looked really, really nice (and the ASPF V3 had lots of other "positive feedback" that I had seen versus the ZF).

Oh I agree 100% and glad to hear my feedback was useful to others. Have you received yours, and what's the result?
My response was pertaining to general consensus of what I've read here and other REP discussion channels.

I love my watch and unless I specifically state it's a rep, even those who are watch enthusiasts see it as a gen, the question is more along the lines of how did I get my hands on one, as they are no longer in production. As Legend says frequently if you carry the watch as if it could be a gen and owning a gen would not be a stretch judging by your lifestyle, it will pass as a gen to 99% of those who care. 1% are AP collectors and watch nerds who might want to take a closer look out of pure interest.

OT here but I've seen countless instances of mostly men of younger to middle age but also wearing PP, AP, Rolex etc. where things simply don't add up. Likewise the classy "Love Island" fish-lips Instagram filler face flashing basic rep LV bag and a rose gold Rolex rep.
And they always get the low-tier reps that look off from a distance.

GeneralRep

15/6/23
Uranus
I wrote a misleading comment about “now zf v3 in on the market”

Yes you are right, and I also know it has been on the market a while.

What I meant to ask was, I could not find comparison between both of V3.

Sorry for lack of Eng communication skill
All good buddy, nothing personal in my message :) Personally I recommend the APSF V3 or later 15400.

Reactions: love_in_jumbo

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
Any on knows if there’s rubber strap that fits 15202/16202 rep ? Does the usual 15400 rubber strap fits also the 15202 ? Made a couple of search, but haven’t found the answer yet

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Any on knows if there’s rubber strap that fits 15202/16202 rep ? Does the usual 15400 rubber strap fits also the 15202 ? Made a couple of search, but haven’t found the answer yet
Yes the 15400 rubberstraps (26mm) fits the 15202 to

gwatchtrader

29/5/21
Hello, which one is the best AP done with a white dial ? Model and Factory?
Thank you very much.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Hello, which one is the best AP done with a white dial ? Model and Factory?
Thank you very much.

Dollar_short

8/4/24
shot in the dark.

what are my chances of getting the machine screws, allen i think, that hold the crown guard/pusher blocks on?
my pusher sleeves, they are not out like they should be. so i went to hopefully fix this. one screw came out, the other was cross threaded, so i just stopped there. if i could get new screws i will go ahead with this. and the proper screws would be nice.
thanx

Artyfowl

3/5/24
Hi all. Just ordered a couple of APs for the first time (ROO 44mm chrono and a 15500 blue face). Just have a question on the movement for the ROO. It’s described as the following:

MOVEMENT: Asian 7750 automatic chronograph movement at 28800vph Modded to AP Calibre 3126 Movement Clone

is this fairly standard movement for this kind of chrono rep? Any issues I should be aware of or correct operating steps I should follow re winding, date setting etc?

Thank you

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
shot in the dark.

what are my chances of getting the machine screws, allen i think, that hold the crown guard/pusher blocks on?
my pusher sleeves, they are not out like they should be. so i went to hopefully fix this. one screw came out, the other was cross threaded, so i just stopped there. if i could get new screws i will go ahead with this. and the proper screws would be nice.
thanx
I’m not sure I and probably many others get what you’re trying to say here.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Hi all. Just ordered a couple of APs for the first time (ROO 44mm chrono and a 15500 blue face). Just have a question on the movement for the ROO. It’s described as the following:

MOVEMENT: Asian 7750 automatic chronograph movement at 28800vph Modded to AP Calibre 3126 Movement Clone

is this fairly standard movement for this kind of chrono rep? Any issues I should be aware of or correct operating steps I should follow re winding, date setting etc?

Thank you
7750 ROO - dont run chrono and dont set date between 9pm and 3am

Reactions: Artyfowl

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
shot in the dark.

thanx
I would suggest you look into getting a new watch, one which is actually worth the time to do work on it.

Reactions: QueTip

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
For AP RO Diver 15706 from XF....do Genuine AP Straps fit?

Or if one would want to have a bespoke Strap for this Watch: What are the Differences to the Gen, what to do that it will fit?

(I remember for my AP RO (no Diver), it did make a Difference, but i cant recall it any more, something like Noob will fit Gen Straps, JF not, or something like that.)

Yes. They will fit.
Hi Legend,

i ordered a bespoke Strap for this Watch now - and it wont fit.

The Distance between the 2 Plots is 9.15 mm on the Watchhead - and 9.7 mm on the Strap side with a metal Insert, so i can not just move the Plots for fitment.

The maker of the Strap asked the maker of the metal-Insert, and both share the Opinion, that their Product fit on Genuine AP Divers and that the fault is on my side, because its just a Replica with Differences to the Genuine Watch.

I would kindly ask you, if you could provide help here, and - if possible - meassure this Distance on your Gen Watch, and even better, mybe could post or send a picture of that meassurement, so that i can have the Strapmaker come up with a Solution.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi Legend,

i ordered a bespoke Strap for this Watch now - and it wont fit.

The Distance between the 2 Plots is 9.15 mm on the Watchhead - and 9.7 mm on the Strap side with a metal Insert, so i can not just move the Plots for fitment.

The maker of the Strap asked the maker of the metal-Insert, and both share the Opinion, that their Product fit on Genuine AP Divers and that the fault is on my side, because its just a Replica with Differences to the Genuine Watch.

I would kindly ask you, if you could provide help here, and - if possible - meassure this Distance on your Gen Watch, and even better, mybe could post or send a picture of that meassurement, so that i can have the Strapmaker come up with a Solution.
Do I understand that you’re asking me for a measurement between the plots on a gen fc diver? Distance between outer or inner edges please. Thank you.

Reactions: TingelTangelTom

Artyfowl

3/5/24
And most important advice of all:

Don’t buy.
Ouch. Have I had a shocker here?

Is there any specific movement / factory AP ROO chrono that I should have gone for instead? I’m still awaiting QC so potentially can change