• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

AAA US

Horology Curious
24/2/24
Sounds not good. The first position is to wind the movement, second the change the date, third the time. There must be a clear "click" between the positions. A local watchmaker can fix it for less money. Good luck
Thanks. No my unscrews, so I can change the time. It can change the date as well, but No clear stops/ clicks as you mention.

Homeplate

Horology Curious
27/2/24
I'm considering between 67651 33m black dial or 15450 with grey dial (concerning about the rotor plate quality though).
anyone has any factory and dealer suggestions? I'm currently looking at ZF and JJF.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Hi All,

Maybe a silly question, however I recieved my first replica today 15703 APS F. Looks amazing.

However, trying to set the date/ time. And trying to understand how to wind it.

Need some help, feels strange and it jumps to ’date’ change suddenly. Also, when I am happy with the time and date, then I try to ’screw’ it back, however the date changes again.

Any advice were I can watch a video or info regarding this on the forum. Feels like I am brakinge the watch.

Kindly advice 😊
Never use the date Quickset when the watch is between 8 and 4 o clock. Sounds like you tried to set it during that period.

AAA US

Horology Curious
24/2/24
Never use the date Quickset when the watch is between 8 and 4 o clock. Sounds like you tried to set it during that period.

I am at the moment able to unscrew and set time, but from there not able to click/ screw it in to set date.
And when trying to screw it back in to closed position, it not smooth. Its rather hard.

When closed, the timei/ watch starts moving again. So I guess it works. But something doesnt seem right.

Only unscrewing feels smooth.

Is the crown/ date adjust broken now?

duped

waverly
26/2/24
Anyone know how bad or good the reps for AP ROC? I read a thread that @legend said they were bad, but not sure if the flaws are numerous. Looking at OMFactory for Royal Oak Chronograph 26331ST SS/SS Blk/Blk OMF A7750.

Model: AP0568A​

pinoyako04

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/21
new here! i have zf ap15500 v2 miyota movement, can i buy just the movement and install it to my V2 zf case? It will fit or not? Sorry newbie here thanks

trongducmen

Horology Curious
18/1/23
Canada
since there is little or none comparison between ZF 15500 vs APSF (updated dial) 15500 blue, if anyone has just received both watch, it's really nice to see both of them

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
I am at the moment able to unscrew and set time, but from there not able to click/ screw it in to set date.
And when trying to screw it back in to closed position, it not smooth. Its rather hard.

When closed, the timei/ watch starts moving again. So I guess it works. But something doesnt seem right.

Only unscrewing feels smooth.

Is the crown/ date adjust broken now?
This sounds like one of two things. Either the keyless works (the mechanism that "switches gear trains" to either winding, date set, or minute hand set) is messed up and needs to be reset, OR the stem is too short. Either one of those should be able to be remedied by a watchsmith for relatively cheap.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@AAA US this is a valid point, did you try to do that? The clone 3120 movement is particularly susceptible to parts breakage if the hands are in the transition zone during the date quickset. Thank you.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
new here! i have zf ap15500 v2 miyota movement, can i buy just the movement and install it to my V2 zf case? It will fit or not? Sorry newbie here thanks
not sure what you are asking. Is the ZF v2 case for the miyota? If so yes you can in theory buy the movement and do a plug and play, of course the bridges and datewheel may need to be transferred to the new movement. Not certain if that answers your question.

AAA US

Horology Curious
24/2/24
@AAA US this is a valid point, did you try to do that? The clone 3120 movement is particularly susceptible to parts breakage if the hands are in the transition zone during the date quickset. Thank you.

Not sure to be honest. I always do (more or less the same way) the same as with my rolexes. I put the watch to 18.00. Then i start the winding, date and time set.

Hope its not to damaged.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Not sure to be honest. I always do (more or less the same way) the same as with my rolexes. I put the watch to 18.00. Then i start the winding, date and time set.

Hope its not to damaged.
OK, if you lack a paperweight, you have one now. :LOL:

But I jest. It is likely an easy fix, worry not.

pinoyako04

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/21
not sure what you are asking. Is the ZF v2 case for the miyota? If so yes you can in theory buy the movement and do a plug and play, of course the bridges and datewheel may need to be transferred to the new movement. Not certain if that answers your question.
Sorry for the confusion, i have zf v2 ap 15500 with miyota movement, i would like to upgrade to v3 the clone movement, i would like to buy just the v3 4302 clone movement and put in my ZF AP 15500 V2 case 🙂 it will fir or not? Thanks in advance

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
Hi guys, I just noticed that the rubber seal for my 15400 seems to be misaligned. Photos attached. Is it supposed to be like this or is this actually misaligned? If it's misaligned, would this be a relatively simple fix that I can do at home with some screwdrivers?

Thanks!

KWDanQ.jpeg

KWDWhS.jpeg

AAA US

Horology Curious
24/2/24
Hi All,

I have never been involved with forums and platforms like RWI in the past.

I have during the last week been a bit impatient, asked many questions and sent many messages with questions.

I how now been reading, so many hours of posts and threqds, and learned a lot about how this community works, the rules, the common approach with regards to buying and selling etc.

I have especially been looking at the AP section. Been reading about issues that have occured over the years. How and what to expect from TD’s and modders. All the amazing reviews, time and knowledge shared by some of the members on the forum.

So all in all its been great to join the forum and basically be able to learn so much from all of you. Much respect to all of you for sharing and answering. Having said that, I didn’t understand all these boundaries of rules and respect from the onset.

So for that, if I have been a bit ’on’ and ’heavy’, I do apologies. Lesson learned.

Looking forward to learn so much more.

I am posting this here, as I have mainly been focused on the AP queries and watches.

Regards

AS