• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
For AP RO Diver 15706 from XF....do Genuine AP Straps fit?

Or if one would want to have a bespoke Strap for this Watch: What are the Differences to the Gen, what to do that it will fit?

(I remember for my AP RO (no Diver), it did make a Difference, but i cant recall it any more, something like Noob will fit Gen Straps, JF not, or something like that.)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
For AP RO Diver 15706 from XF....do Genuine AP Straps fit?

Or if one would want to have a bespoke Strap for this Watch: What are the Differences to the Gen, what to do that it will fit?

(I remember for my AP RO (no Diver), it did make a Difference, but i cant recall it any more, something like Noob will fit Gen Straps, JF not, or something like that.)
Yes. They will fit.

Reactions: TingelTangelTom

VinwantsaAP

Looking Around
22/2/24
Hello Everyone,

Just bought my first ZF AP 15400 Black - SS what "mods" is a must on this piece how does one go about doing them?

Havitetty

21/8/17
Hi Legend,

I have a set of gen AP hands that will fit a 25721ST BEAST, the problem is that it is an additional set and have a BEAST already. Are there any other builds of that era that use the same hands as I can't seem to find any that do.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi Legend,

I have a set of gen AP hands that will fit a 25721ST BEAST, the problem is that it is an additional set and have a BEAST already. Are there any other builds of that era that use the same hands as I can't seem to find any that do.
Almost all the stainless steel ROOs use the same hands, with variations in the lume color.

VinwantsaAP

Looking Around
22/2/24
There is no must-do mods for any watch. It all depends on what you want to achieve for your watch aesthetically or functionally.
Thanks for the reply I am moreso towards the aesthetics but would love to learn more about them. Would really like the instant date change mod and a refinish

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for the reply I am moreso towards the aesthetics but would love to learn more about them. Would really like the instant date change mod and a refinish
Knowing what you want is a good start. Getting there will be your next time, to find a modder who can do that for you.

VinwantsaAP

Looking Around
22/2/24
Knowing what you want is a good start. Getting there will be your next time, to find a modder who can do that for you.
So for my first step, how can I find a modder that can do the instant date change mod and a refinish? Thank you as well @legend for the help!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So for my first step, how can I find a modder that can do the instant date change mod and a refinish? Thank you as well @legend for the help!
The guys here will recommend a good modder for you. I can source the parts and do the work of course but it won’t be objective for me to recommend myself 🤣

Vitto2

Known Member
Patron
Certified
14/1/22
It depends on what model we are talking about. The later batches of 15400, 15450, 15500, 15510 all use stainless steel screws. So depending on what model you’re talking about the stainless steel screws may not be a tell. Most vintage models and earlier batches of the 15400 do have the white gold screws.

And no it’s definitely not a stupid question. Just a fact that’s often misunderstood.
Thank you for your reply!
I didn't know this difference, so the 15202 st has steel screws?

Ladidadi

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/23
USA
Do any rep manufacturers make the vintage AP bracelets where the clasp only opens on one side? Was wondering if I could grab one and throw it on a modern 67651.

AAA US

Horology Curious
24/2/24
Hi all, is it Possible to buy a 15500 with a rubber strap? Or this is a change one must make after buying the watch with a steel bracelet.

AAA US

Horology Curious
24/2/24
Hi All,

Maybe a silly question, however I recieved my first replica today 15703 APS F. Looks amazing.

However, trying to set the date/ time. And trying to understand how to wind it.

Need some help, feels strange and it jumps to ’date’ change suddenly. Also, when I am happy with the time and date, then I try to ’screw’ it back, however the date changes again.

Any advice were I can watch a video or info regarding this on the forum. Feels like I am brakinge the watch.

Kindly advice 😊

Rantanplan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/22
Hi All,

Maybe a silly question, however I recieved my first replica today 15703 APS F. Looks amazing.

However, trying to set the date/ time. And trying to understand how to wind it.

Need some help, feels strange and it jumps to ’date’ change suddenly. Also, when I am happy with the time and date, then I try to ’screw’ it back, however the date changes again.

Any advice were I can watch a video or info regarding this on the forum. Feels like I am brakinge the watch.

Kindly advice 😊
Sounds not good. The first position is to wind the movement, second the change the date, third the time. There must be a clear "click" between the positions. A local watchmaker can fix it for less money. Good luck

Rantanplan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/22
Hi all, is it Possible to buy a 15500 with a rubber strap? Or this is a change one must make after buying the watch with a steel bracelet.
Never seen a AP with rubber strab at the TD's. But I see a lot of AP's with rubber straps here in the forum. That means you have to buy and change at yourself.