• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

happyguy1688

Getting To Know The Place
8/5/07
Hong Kong
Hi, about the ZF 15710, just wonder if the standard strap it comes will fit my 6.5 inch wrist without the need of sizing? thks

ApIcedOutt

Known Member
5/6/19
finally ready for my first AP Rep. been a fan for years but never thought I could pull it off. now I finally think its time.
I had rolex rep and gen for a while.

im in the market for the classic AP royal oak either 15500 or the new 15510.
is there any preference for a better rep between the 2?
who would u recommend asps or ZF?
doing my research but got a bit confused since there's a lot of new and old information mixed here..

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
finally ready for my first AP Rep. been a fan for years but never thought I could pull it off. now I finally think its time.
I had rolex rep and gen for a while.

im in the market for the classic AP royal oak either 15500 or the new 15510.
is there any preference for a better rep between the 2?
who would u recommend asps or ZF?
doing my research but got a bit confused since there's a lot of new and old information mixed here..
If you can pull off a Rolex, you certainly can for a Royal Oak. Go ahead and get one and you will be amazed.

If you asking for a better repped one, then it is 15500 obviously. Personally, I prefer the 15510 dial and will either live with the flaws or have it modded.

APSF and ZF equally high quality and little differentiation between them. No need to tear your hairs out. Just choose one and send to Legend for his magics. No regret, money well spent.... I can assure you.

happyguy1688

8/5/07
Hong Kong
Hi, about the 15707, are the case back and links made of titanium instead of steel? the buckle is clearly titanium but I can't find info from Google and the official page is dead. So is the latest ZF 15707 made of titanium and the APS version all steel then? Thks

ApIcedOutt

Known Member
5/6/19
If you can pull off a Rolex, you certainly can for a Royal Oak. Go ahead and get one and you will be amazed.

If you asking for a better repped one, then it is 15500 obviously. Personally, I prefer the 15510 dial and will either live with the flaws or have it modded.

APSF and ZF equally high quality and little differentiation between them. No need to tear your hairs out. Just choose one and send to Legend for his magics. No regret, money well spent.... I can assure you.
now I defiantly agree with you!

how about 15400 vs 15500?
honestly im looking for best rep out of the box than ill defiantly send it to legend for his magic.
just don't want to deal with my OCD HAHA

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

honestly im looking for best rep out of the box than ill defiantly send it to legend for his magic.
If you’re too defiant sir it can be a little difficult to deal with. :LOL:

Reactions: Hesekiel

ApIcedOutt

Known Member
5/6/19
If you’re too defiant sir it can be a little difficult to deal with. :LOL:
no no im not that bad :) and I know you can't reach perfection or 1:1 ! im complete aware!!
but id love to be as close as possible just for the fun of it. and sort of a challenge.
nothing that will bother me the day I get the watch im sure.

just want to know the differences and how close the rep gets from the warehouse.
just love for watches! no craziness I promise lol.

just not educated enough yet that's why my questions like that I guess.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
no no im not that bad :) and I know you can't reach perfection or 1:1 ! im complete aware!!
but id love to be as close as possible just for the fun of it. and sort of a challenge.
nothing that will bother me the day I get the watch im sure.

just want to know the differences and how close the rep gets from the warehouse.
just love for watches! no craziness I promise lol.

just not educated enough yet that's why my questions like that I guess.
I think you missed the tease sir. 🤣
But all good. I’ll explain it for you, you meant “definitely” but wrote “defiantly”. You can look up what “defiantly” means and that was the basis of my tease.
It’s just a little joke please don’t mind me.

Reactions: Hesekiel

ApIcedOutt

Known Member
5/6/19
I think you missed the tease sir. 🤣
But all good. I’ll explain it for you, you meant “definitely” but wrote “defiantly”. You can look up what “defiantly” means and that was the basis of my tease.
It’s just a little joke please don’t mind me.
haha just did
didn't pay attention I guess. :D
love the humor thou lol over at Rolex they a bit more harsh when it comes to this questions and topics

anyway legend the legend! which one would you tell me to pull off from the 15500,15400? both looks good to me. honestly wants to go with the closet one and the the best factory.

reviews are very mixed and people seem to not care much I guess?

also would u say black or blue dial both look good? only silver one isn't so much?

Giammy

Day-tune
3/9/23
haha just did
didn't pay attention I guess. :D
love the humor thou lol over at Rolex they a bit more harsh when it comes to this questions and topics

anyway legend the legend! which one would you tell me to pull off from the 15500,15400? both looks good to me. honestly wants to go with the closet one and the the best factory.

reviews are very mixed and people seem to not care much I guess?

also would u say black or blue dial both look good? only silver one isn't so much?
I suggest you the ZF because with IP I had issue on mine one

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia

There is a good resource here to read up :

I have a slim 16.5cm wrist and the beefier 15500 wears better than the 15400. Got to do with the case and lug design.

Yandes

12/8/22
Just a heads up. I recently received an APSF 15500. I absolutely love the watch.
Not being familiar with how the bracelet is put together I immediately lost one of the screws that hold the pins in. (Check you tube before adjusting if not familiar.
I then, no fault of my own, lost one of the Hex Head Bolts that are visible on the bezel as it had not been tightened properly. I then went over the watch with my screw driver and noted that all visible screws and bolts were a little loose. I suggest going over the watch as soon as possible to check that yours are not loose.

Reactions: AG91

colin.sullivan@reednissan

Do not accept unsolicited offers
4/7/23
Where is this from? I'm new to this site but it seems alot more difficult to just find out where I buy from? From research it seems that ZF and APSF are the best reps for the Royal Oak. But I don't think I can go directly to the ZF or other factory. Can you help me in this? Your watch looks good so I figured I would reach out. I'm looking for the 152202 39mm w/ blue dial. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Yandes

4/7/23
I'm new to this site but it seems alot more difficult to just find out where I buy from? From research it seems that ZF and APSF are the best reps for the Royal Oak. But I don't think I can go directly to the ZF or other factory. Can you help me in this? I figured I would reach out for help because I'm looking for the AP Royal Oak 152202 39mm w/ blue dial. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

4/7/23
There is a good resource here to read up :

I have a slim 16.5cm wrist and the beefier 15500 wears better than the 15400. Got to do with the case and lug design.
I'm new to this site but it seems alot more difficult to just find out where I buy from? From research it seems that ZF and APSF are the best reps for the Royal Oak. But I don't think I can go directly to the ZF or other factory. Can you help me in this? I figured I would reach out for help because I'm looking for the AP Royal Oak 152202 39mm w/ blue dial. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

cotti-rottie

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/4/23
uk
have you actually spent any time going through the different sections and doing some reading on the forum? hard to miss the trusted dealers section

Reactions: Tompa and AG91

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Try PMing @TWM Concierge 1 or @AMF they are trusted dealers here.