• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

koomami

Do not accept unsolicited offers
12/7/24
New Zealand
Has anyone successfully created a good rep of the 16204BC.OO.1240BC.01? the ROYAL OAK
“JUMBO” EXTRA-THIN OPENWORKED.

Whatnine

Supporter
9/7/24
I see alot of people mentioning the 15500 but no one seems to talk about the 15510 as much. is there a specific reason? Are the REPS not as good?

Thank you

ascorbis

14/7/24
Hi everybody

I love ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE SELFWINDING CHRONOGRAPH

Is there a factory known for making better rep than other for this model? Or a TD that delivers really good product?
It will be my first buy, so I am scared to mess up in teh choice of supplier.
Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I see alot of people mentioning the 15500 but no one seems to talk about the 15510 as much. is there a specific reason? Are the REPS not as good?

Thank you
Good question.

ascorbis

14/7/24
OK tanks !

same question for the roo diver 15703 , i saw it is on the list of Super Reps NWBIGs

Autobús

Conductor de Autobús
Patron
Certified
23/9/21
🇺🇸

Thank you
Most people are not mentioning or buying because the current factory release versions all use the 15500 case, bracelet and seconds hand with a 15510 dial.

@legend ‘s post here will help clarify as a similiar build is the only current option.

Reactions: daytona4me

ascorbis

14/7/24
I guess AP in titanium like the schmacher or selfwinding chronograph are too hard to reproduce , or good reps exist?

Tompa

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I guess AP in titanium like the schmacher or selfwinding chronograph are too hard to reproduce , or good reps exist?
They did pretty good reps of the roo’s a few years ago but the factorys got raided and Closed for good, so you are to late for the party mate, best bet is to find an old goodie in m2m sales

Reactions: ascorbis

ascorbis

14/7/24
There isn't a good rep for this model
OK. What are the problems?
I am new here and I know little about reps (but I am here to learn) and I never saw that watch in real life, so I can't spot the differences between the pictures from AP website and those from TD's.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I am new here and I know little about reps (but I am here to learn) and I never saw that watch in real life, so I can't spot the differences between the pictures from AP website and those from TD's.
Fun fact: Sometimes the TDs use pictures from the AP website.

• Haha
Reactions: grillbrill and j21

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Without even looking the rep or not even knowing if a rep exists of this model, the problems would be

No clone movement of this calibre so a 7750(not a good movement )movement would have to be used, that bring case shape off(thickness, fat hands at base maybe etc...)
Gold model(weight will be off)
Grey dial(no rep factories can-have produce good grey-blue ap dials until today) so the color will be off also

Reactions: ascorbis and legend

Abi74

Getting To Know The Place
16/7/24
Hello guys. Noob here learning alot with everyone. Been searching through the Consensual list of NWBIG and came across the Audemars Piguet 15703 from ZF which seems to be a very close rep. Just stumbled upon a thread that says it wears really big.. do you think it's too big for a 6,5" wrist (16,5~ cm)? Thank you!

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
do you think it's too big for a 6,5" wrist (16,5~ cm)? Thank you!
hZrO9S.gif

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hello guys. Noob here learning alot with everyone. Been searching through the Consensual list of NWBIG and came across the Audemars Piguet 15703 from ZF which seems to be a very close rep. Just stumbled upon a thread that says it wears really big.. do you think it's too big for a 6,5" wrist (16,5~ cm)? Thank you!
Please forget about any “consensual” list, firstly it’s a misnomer and secondly it’s meaningless. Ask your own questions and make your own list on what works and what doesn’t. I think you can pull off the diver for what it’s worth.

Reactions: QueTip and Abi74