• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

Noticer

Do not accept unsolicited offers
20/6/24
I have been thinking of getting an AP and wanted to get some opinions on sizing
My wrist is 6.5-7in and/or 17-18cm
I have provided some pictures of some watches on my wrist (SBGA443, 116500, 126610)
I think all 3 watches can work on my wrist, but the sub is the biggest I would go
I am in the market for a 15500, 15202, and a 15450
Thank you

My wrist is slightly less than 7 inch. I have the same GS shunbun, and this is how it compares to my ROO and 15202 jumbo.

In terms of APs you listed, it feels like I can rock any of these

looking_alternative

27/6/24
USA

My wrist is slightly less than 7 inch. I have the same GS shunbun, and this is how it compares to my ROO and 15202 jumbo.

In terms of APs you listed, it feels like I can rock any of these
Thank you! I have a 15500 on the way, but dang the 15202 does look good. I’ll probably wear the 15500 in the meantime until the 15202 gets here.

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/1/08
Nyc
has apsf improved the dial on the 15500 or have they come out with a good 15510
I have the newest apsf v3 15500 blue dial, it’s very very good- but Gen dial is different due to the way it’s being made being different- it’s impossible to make a perfect dial- It’s close and looks Great plus there’s like 3 differnt 15500. I love the watch only way you could tell is with Gen dial right next to it

speedywombat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
I have the newest apsf v3 15500 blue dial, it’s very very good- but Gen dial is different due to the way it’s being made being different- it’s impossible to make a perfect dial- It’s close and looks Great plus there’s like 3 differnt 15500. I love the watch only way you could tell is with Gen dial right next to it
Do you mind sharing some pics of your latest APSF 15500?

Whatnine

Supporter
9/7/24
Hello!

Are there any good reps for the ultra thin APs out there? Like 26586 or 16202?

Also I’ve seen alot of APSF and ZF comparison. Who is the dealer that ships to Canada for each factory?

Thank you

WatchOutGens!

RepSeeker
12/2/24
ZF 15500 4302 superclone black face (V3) has become the rep I find myself wearing the most. It is so very easy to read, due both to the large face and also the high contrast between matte dial and mirror-polished hands and hour markers. It has also been reliable for me.

It often gets noticed, always in a very positive way, and is often highly complimented--even by those who don't know watches in general, or Audemars Piguet in particular. Those who know watches always take great interest.

For those considering pulling the trigger, I say go for it! I think you may be pleased. Two pics: In the garden, and fist-bumping a fig (Brogiotto Nero type North breba crop is ripening already!).

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
A quick Question about the Cal 4302 Clones: I have seen Posts with Problems with that "Super"-Clone Movement regarding the Automatic Winding Function. So you can see, that the oscillating Weight moves, but the Watch doesn't wind. Manually Winding the Watch is no Problem, beside that the Powerreserve is quite low.

Are there Parts known that cause this problem with that Movement? My guess would be "something with the gears on the Automatic Winding System"?

Reactions: WatchOutGens!

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
ZF 15500 4302 superclone black face (V3) has become the rep I find myself wearing the most. It is so very easy to read, due both to the large face and also the high contrast between matte dial and mirror-polished hands and hour markers. It has also been reliable for me.

It often gets noticed, always in a very positive way, and is often highly complimented--even by those who don't know watches in general, or Audemars Piguet in particular. Those who know watches always take great interest.

For those considering pulling the trigger, I say go for it! I think you may be pleased. Two pics: In the garden, and fist-bumping a fig (Brogiotto Nero type North breba crop is ripening already!).

She's a beauty 😍

Reactions: WatchOutGens!

WatchOutGens!

RepSeeker
12/2/24
A quick Question about the Cal 4302 Clones: I have seen Posts with Problems with that "Super"-Clone Movement regarding the Automatic Winding Function. So you can see, that the oscillating Weight moves, but the Watch doesn't wind. Manually Winding the Watch is no Problem, beside that the Powerreserve is quite low.

Are there Parts known that cause this problem with that Movement? My guess would be "something with the gears on the Automatic Winding System"?

I confess it is true that--at least in the case of my pictured Cal 4302--the power reserve is quite low. Far lower than I would have guessed given the gen power reserve of 72 hours or whatever. And far lower than the power reserve of my ZF 15450 Cal 3120 superclone, which lasts and lasts whether I wear it or no. As a result, I do find myself winding the Cal 4302 daily (but not the Cal 3120).

To be fair, I haven't sent the Cal 4302 to the watchmaker yet because I wear it regularly. Probably the movement it dry and dirty, and perhaps the power reserve will improve when I send it in for takedown and cleaning. On the other hand I also haven't sent the 3120 in for service, yet it soldiers on like a champ anyway.

The automatic winding seems to be working at some level on the 4302, because when I wear it it keeps on chugging without constant manual winding; if it's on the shelf, it won't do that. But you may well be right that it's not efficient. I'd be interested to hear from watchmakers if this is a known problem, and especially if it can be improved or fixed with aftermarket gears, or cleaning, or something.

Appreciate the question!

AG91

Getting To Know The Place
7/3/22
I think I read somewhere that the problem is that the rotor is not as heavy as the gold gen and gets a bit stuck by the resistance of the charging module gears. It would be interesting if someone weighed it down with tungsten...

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Minnesota, USA
Though I have purchased many AP and Patek reps, one of the primary reasons keeping me away from enjoying them as much as I do my Rolex reps is the quality of the rep's bracelet. I have never handled gen AP and Patek's and no idea what they feel like, but the rep AP and Patek bracelets are just too flimsy for my taste. Their clasps are often very stiff - each time I put them on, it reminds me hard that I am wearing a rep. I have, on the other hand, handled a few gen Rolex's and how a good idea on how close the reps are to gen Rolex's.

Question to those who have handled gen AP's and Patek's: how close are the rep bracelets to those of gen?

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
On mine, the Rotor is moving freely. But it won't wind the Mainspring.

I usually give automatic Watches 15-20 winds by hand when I set the Time and Date in the morning. This is enough for all of them, that when I put them down in the evening to keep on running for a day or two.

Not so with this Clone: the 15-20 Winds will keep the Watch running till the Afternoon or early evening - then she simply stops running, so that there is no Power in the Mainspring left. The Automatic Winding simply don't work. There is not too much that can cause that kind of Problems, and I will try to fix it.

Reactions: AG91

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
One bet could be, that the Rotor simply has losen a bit, so that his gears dont connect with the Gears of the automatic w. bridge

Reactions: ogh gee

ogh gee

Known Member
17/5/24
One bet could be, that the Rotor simply has losen a bit, so that his gears dont connect with the Gears of the automatic w. bridge
It sounds like your watch might have a common issue where the gears for the automatic winding aren't making proper contact. Sometimes the rotor can get a bit loose, so it's not spinning the gears that wind the mainspring.

I've had similar problems before. What might be happening is that the rotor's gears aren't engaging with the gears on the automatic winding bridge. Because of this, even though the rotor is moving, it's not actually winding the watch.

You could try checking to see if the rotor is secure and that the gears are lined up correctly. If you're handy with these things, a slight adjustment might fix it. Otherwise, it might be a good idea to take it to a watchmaker to get it sorted out. It’s usually a straightforward fix, but it makes a big difference in keeping your watch running smoothly.😊✌️