• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Does anyone know a modder who can do blue ZF 15500 dial mod? I have seen some pictures of mods that can make dial looks more metallic (more sunburst). Thanks a lot guys
You also have HKR watch (Wechat ID : hkrwatch). It is the less expensive I have found...

Reactions: reppotato

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Reactions: Allure and leo6929

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
But just buy a cartier pasha watch with 3.5k , no need to spend more

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Is it normal that the rotor spins much faster one way than the other ?

code_66

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/19
Thanks everyone for all your effort in responding to us green guy questions.

I want to resize my 15500 bracelet, I've removed links on my Rolex GMT Master ii, and purchased a decent tool kit on Amazon. Is there a thread showing a quick tutorial guide on removing links, and for also doing a baby oil bath for the bracelet as well? Thanks in advance!

watchlover1234!

20/8/22
Thanks everyone for all your effort in responding to us green guy questions.

I want to resize my 15500 bracelet, I've removed links on my Rolex GMT Master ii, and purchased a decent tool kit on Amazon. Is there a thread showing a quick tutorial guide on removing links, and for also doing a baby oil bath for the bracelet as well? Thanks in advance!
Do you by any chance have a link for the tool kit as I will need to do the same. Also curious if there is a DIY to polish inner bracelet as apparently the zf 15500 v3 has sharp edges.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Do you by any chance have a link for the tool kit as I will need to do the same. Also curious if there is a DIY to polish inner bracelet as apparently the zf 15500 v3 has sharp edges.
You do not need anything more than a small screwdriver to remove links on a 15500 bracelet. The screws just have to be unscrewed and then the links pushed out by any generic tool which will fit (even a straightened paperclip works fine if you cannot find anything else)
There is no need for any fancy tool kit for resizing a 15500 bracelet.

watchlover1234!

20/8/22
You do not need anything more than a small screwdriver to remove links on a 15500 bracelet. The screws just have to be unscrewed and then the links pushed out by any generic tool which will fit (even a straightened paperclip works fine if you cannot find anything else)
There is no need for any fancy tool kit for resizing a 15500 bracelet.
Thanks for the info. Does this include AP perpetual ceramic bracelet as heard they are tricky to deal with.

412x1017x

Horology Curious
26/10/22
Total noob here. Hope this is the right place to post this. But I'm just beginning my research to purchase an AP dark knight rep. I was just curious if anyone had any experience or feedback as to which manufacturer would have the highest quality rep.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Total noob here. Hope this is the right place to post this. But I'm just beginning my research to purchase an AP dark knight rep. I was just curious if anyone had any experience or feedback as to which manufacturer would have the highest quality rep.
You should try to get a JF one.

Reactions: 412x1017x

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
If you can try to get the JF one

Reactions: 412x1017x

code_66

29/7/19
Hey man see below for the set I purchased on Amazon. Nothing crazy, but has everything I need for basic servicing.

Kingsdun Watch Repair Kit, Professional 149 PCS Watch Tool Kit Battery Replacement Watchband Link Remover Spring Bar Tool Kit with Carrying Case & Manual https://a.co/d/cJ7QwIa

I've heard of some people using the end of a pencil with the eraser to smooth it out a bit. I tried this trick, didn't seem to do much.

My profession IRL is I own a detail studio, and specialize in paint correction on cars. So I took some 3k grit sand paper and went in one direction VERY gently. Constantly reviewing my work and it turned out safe. Feels much better now.

Reactions: watchlover1234!