• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The AP questions thread (All the questions you want to ask about AP but were afraid to)

Bunbun

Horology Curious
15/3/15
For the 15707, go for the xf v2 as well. I can’t remember the difference between the v1 and v2 anymore but I clearly remember the v2 was better. The guy to ask is @SuperLory he owns every diver iteration ever made it seems 😆
Haha, hopefully he wouldn’t mind parting with one if he sees this, I’d gladly take it 🤣

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Nice thread, sort of an AP 1-0-1 guide with the latest news. Thanks for the initiative.
I'm curious about the 15500 grey (ruthenium? ) dial. All seem to concentrate on gen-likeness, I tend to be attracted to what I like... Now, the grey dial is considered off, but I would like to understand in how far it is off. The gen grey AP has a mesmerizing overall glitter that is beautiful in its unitary effect, the "color design", if you get what I mean, is perfectly balanced. Now my question is, would I be disappointed by the grey rep, would this balance, this glittering play between stainless steel and dial be spoiled? There's not much to search/find, since all go for black and blue dials and on the rest there's nothing really deep...
And, since I'm here, what about white dial, any opinions on that?
Thanks for the space!

Reactions: g-yice

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Nice thread, sort of an AP 1-0-1 guide with the latest news. Thanks for the initiative.
I'm curious about the 15500 grey (ruthenium? ) dial. All seem to concentrate on gen-likeness, I tend to be attracted to what I like... Now, the grey dial is considered off, but I would like to understand in how far it is off. The gen grey AP has a mesmerizing overall glitter that is beautiful in its unitary effect, the "color design", if you get what I mean, is perfectly balanced. Now my question is, would I be disappointed by the grey rep, would this balance, this glittering play between stainless steel and dial be spoiled? There's not much to search/find, since all go for black and blue dials and on the rest there's nothing really deep...
And, since I'm here, what about white dial, any opinions on that?
Thanks for the space!
To put it simply, the rep grey dial is just too dark in tone, and also the datewheel background color is too dark as well.
There is nothing wrong with liking the rep dial color at all. It is a matter of preference for liking or disliking it, but the difference between it and the gen is obvious if you have seen the gen.
The white/silver dial for the 15500 is too matte and more of white than silver. It also lacks the sunburst brilliance of the gen.

Reactions: Allure and Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
To put it simply, the rep grey dial is just too dark in tone, and also the datewheel background color is too dark as well.
There is nothing wrong with liking the rep dial color at all. It is a matter of preference for liking or disliking it, but the difference between it and the gen is obvious if you have seen the gen.
The white/silver dial for the 15500 is too matte and more of white than silver. It also lacks the sunburst brilliance of the gen.
Thanks for your answer. So, in simple terms, the grey rep is not as shiny as Gen, not to mention the white one, spoiling that glittering interplay with ss. Such is life. Maybe a future version will correct this, or at least do a step forward. Nothing's like Gen.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for your answer. So, in simple terms, the grey rep is not as shiny as Gen, not to mention the white one, spoiling that glittering interplay with ss. Such is life. Maybe a future version will correct this, or at least do a step forward. Nothing's like Gen.
For the grey it is not just the finish, but the color of the grey. It is beautiful in the gen, and always somewhat too dark in the rep. I do not deny that the rep grey dial has its own sunburst, but this is muted by the fact that it is a much darker color vs gen.
If you like the grey and silver dials, take a look at the custom 15510 dials someone posted in one of the threads in the AP section. They look a lot more decent to me personally.

Reactions: Allure and Feefo

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
For the grey it is not just the finish, but the color of the grey. It is beautiful in the gen, and always somewhat too dark in the rep. I do not deny that the rep grey dial has its own sunburst, but this is muted by the fact that it is a much darker color vs gen.
If you like the grey and silver dials, take a look at the custom 15510 dials someone posted in one of the threads in the AP section. They look a lot more decent to me personally.
Thanks for the tip!

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
@Gooner27 has a GIF to wipe his buttocks. Damn, gifs work for him like minions.
Tip? I know @Gooner27 has a gif for that lol
I Cant Do That Marlon Brando GIF by The Godfather

• Haha
Reactions: Feefo

reppotato

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/22
Does anyone know a modder who can do blue ZF 15500 dial mod? I have seen some pictures of mods that can make dial looks more metallic (more sunburst). Thanks a lot guys

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Does anyone know a modder who can do blue ZF 15500 dial mod? I have seen some pictures of mods that can make dial looks more metallic (more sunburst). Thanks a lot guys
I think custom dials like DP's can have more sunburst.

Reactions: reppotato

kokikoki

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/8/22
Does any one has the same experience? When setting the time on my APSF 15500 (with clone movement), when I stop, it springs backwards. When I set it to let's say 12:30, it springs back to 12:25. Whenever i wind the movement and some charge to it, it feels rattly and looks like there are some rocks grinding inside. Do i need a complete movement overhaul or is there a quick fix to this one?

Thanks!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Does any one has the same experience? When setting the time on my APSF 15500 (with clone movement), when I stop, it springs backwards. When I set it to let's say 12:30, it springs back to 12:25. Whenever i wind the movement and some charge to it, it feels rattly and looks like there are some rocks grinding inside. Do i need a complete movement overhaul or is there a quick fix to this one?

Thanks!
The movement will likely need an overhaul and the keyless smoothened.

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Please disregard, I saw the thread regarding this, lol. My apologies
yes the takeaway from what you read will be that there is no such thing as gen rose gold color except when said watch is brand new. And even then the color between batches will differ. So don’t worry too much about it. Wear it with confidence and it will be good.

Reactions: rza996 and Allure