• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Singapore watch repair

lolo1972sg

Respected Member
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Prices aren't the best but it's one way of seeing some of the reps in the flesh before buying. I would say buy only if you don't want to go through the hassle of waiting and don't mind paying about 10% more.
Only 10% more? I supposed no warranty on the movement?

More things to come.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Prices aren't the best but it's one way of seeing some of the reps in the flesh before buying. I would say buy only if you don't want to go through the hassle of waiting and don't mind paying about 10% more.

If really want to see some reps in flesh, i think MBK is a better place, however they are all highly overpriced, even after negotiating of price its still better to buy through TD.

lolo1972sg

Respected Member
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
If really want to see some reps in flesh, i think MBK is a better place, however they are all highly overpriced, even after negotiating of price its still better to buy through TD.
My experience is that MBK reps are mostly not of the same quality as our TDs'. Most of the sellers will pull out AliExpress versions even if you show them pics of JF, Noob or V6 versions.
They even told me that my FC diver is a Swiss quality (whatever that means) with Swiss movement (they have faulty x-ray eyes).
There is however only one shop worth going in MBK....

More things to come.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
My experience is that MBK reps are mostly not of the same quality as our TDs'. Most of the sellers will pull out AliExpress versions even if you show them pics of JF, Noob or V6 versions.
They even told me that my FC diver is a Swiss quality (whatever that means) with Swiss movement (they have faulty x-ray eyes).
There is however only one shop worth going in MBK....

More things to come.

Yup, very rarely one will see high end reps over there. Once a lady wanted to sell me a 21J DSSD (with issue in date changing!) for SGD 500! Woah!
All the reps are only for seeing, forget about buying!

Retina

Respected Member
Certified
18/12/14
Ever since Nah Piek passed there isn't anything worth getting. Grossly overpriced and quality and pieces lag what TDs can get here. Nembo from RG seems to be the only guy who can get special pieces over in BK. His prices aren't bad anyway.

ive had a few pieces which died eventually, they are typical Ali reps which can be gotten much cheaper online.

lolo1972sg

Respected Member
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Yup, very rarely one will see high end reps over there. Once a lady wanted to sell me a 21J DSSD (with issue in date changing!) for SGD 500! Woah!
All the reps are only for seeing, forget about buying!
My experience was somehow better. After 5 min, they usually will know I know my reps and the price. That is when the fun begins. To be fair, you can get pretty decent aliexpress versions there at about 10% over aliexpress prices. Basically you pay that 10% to see it, feel it, ie, what you see is what you get.
There are actually thai website similar to our TD websites. So, they know their customers base are not Thais who are looking for our TD quality type of reps. Their customer base are tourists who know nuts about reps.

More things to come.

lolo1972sg

Respected Member
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Ever since Nah Piek passed there isn't anything worth getting. Grossly overpriced and quality and pieces lag what TDs can get here. Nembo from RG seems to be the only guy who can get special pieces over in BK. His prices aren't bad anyway.

ive had a few pieces which died eventually, they are typical Ali reps which can be gotten much cheaper online.
Nah Piek shop is still there. The old man passed but the stuffs are still there.
Now, you know MBK!!!

More things to come.

Retina

Respected Member
Certified
18/12/14
Nah Piek shop is still there. The old man passed but the stuffs are still there.
Now, you know MBK!!!

More things to come.

Never had much fun shopping there TBH, owner isn't pleasant and not someone I would like doing business with. They have certain rare pieces every now and than, but at the pace that the factories in China is moving, they are left in the dust with regards to their 'gen-quality' rolexes. At the price point, I would rather give the business to the TDs and ignore whatever value add their pieces have, it seems to be diminishing anyway. The last piece I looked at was horrible to say the least.

good place to see reps in the flesh, but I will never count on them to give me a good deal..

lolo1972sg

Respected Member
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Never had much fun shopping there TBH, owner isn't pleasant and not someone I would like doing business with. They have certain rare pieces every now and than, but at the pace that the factories in China is moving, they are left in the dust with regards to their 'gen-quality' rolexes. At the price point, I would rather give the business to the TDs and ignore whatever value add their pieces have, it seems to be diminishing anyway. The last piece I looked at was horrible to say the least.
Only their MBK rollies are worth 'looking at'. The irony is that you can't see any of them before you have paid. At least, that was what 'she' told me.
I am now thinking of bringing a handsome macho man there and see if things will change. Lol.
Anyone wants to volunteer? Retina?

More things to come.

Retina

Respected Member
Certified
18/12/14
[MENTION=113334]lolo1972sg[/MENTION] lol bro, you hit the nail in the head, that's the main issue I have with them. It's ridiculous how they work with that attitude, the worst thing was that some of their best pieces have totally wrong dials and coronets. Trying to justify their asking price is something I find hard to do. I was ever quoted $400usd for a blue 16613 with a completely wrong dial. Thankfully I didn't plunge as the TDs now offer a full 18k wrapped bracelet, with a quality far surpassing what they can offer.

There's a few owners over at MBK who owns a string of stalls, some of them are related. The owners aren't ignorant for one, they are very aware you can get reps cheaper online and through their online local dealers. As such with some negotiation skills, you can pick up a few stuff at close to TD prices. Thankfully the SGD is strong in regards to THB, so you might even save a few bucks as compared to a TD.

Fun experience as always to visit MBK, most enjoyable part is to see them in the flesh. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retina

Respected Member
Certified
18/12/14
Back to watch repair, more experienced members are right, finding a watchsmith in Singapore who can and will service reps is like finding a needle in a haystack. Even once serviced, you are never sure if it was done correctly. The trusted watch smiths here at RWI have already pointed out the main issue with A7750s : reliable movements if serviced, but terrible to do so as the risk is high. Some avoid them because members aren't willing to pay for the amount of work required to service a A7750. As such my philosophy for reps in SG, if broken, sell it at a loss and move on, it's not worth the headache to send it overseas to fix it. The cost to do so might be 30-40% of the cost of a new rep. With frequent watch rotation, a broken rep is actually quite rare. I have over 10 pieces and have only 2 with issues over the year I've had them. Rest are keeping good time and they have never been serviced before.

of course those high roller bros with super Frankens will disagree, 3-4K for a Franken AP, you would want to service them, but that's another league for the gods :rofl:

lolo1972sg

Respected Member
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
[MENTION=113334]lolo1972sg[/MENTION] lol bro, you hit the nail in the head, that's the main issue I have with them. It's ridiculous how they work with that attitude, the worst thing was that some of their best pieces have totally wrong dials and coronets. Trying to justify their asking price is something I find hard to do. I was ever quoted $400usd for a blue 16613 with a completely wrong dial. Thankfully I didn't plunge as the TDs now offer a full 18k wrapped bracelet, with a quality far surpassing what they can offer.

There's a few owners over at MBK who owns a string of stalls, some of them are related. The owners aren't ignorant for one, they are very aware you can get reps cheaper online and through their online local dealers. As such with some negotiation skills, you can pick up a few stuff at close to TD prices. Thankfully the SGD is strong in regards to THB, so you might even save a few bucks as compared to a TD.

Fun experience as always to visit MBK, most enjoyable part is to see them in the flesh. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are Thais and they have seen many tourists in their life. To them, we are just one of these tourists.
Anyway, let's discuss on pm. Their MBW case is not something that you can get from a TD. Not that I know of.

More things to come.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Back to watch repair, more experienced members are right, finding a watchsmith in Singapore who can and will service reps is like finding a needle in a haystack. Even once serviced, you are never sure if it was done correctly. The trusted watch smiths here at RWI have already pointed out the main issue with A7750s : reliable movements if serviced, but terrible to do so as the risk is high. Some avoid them because members aren't willing to pay for the amount of work required to service a A7750. As such my philosophy for reps in SG, if broken, sell it at a loss and move on, it's not worth the headache to send it overseas to fix it. The cost to do so might be 30-40% of the cost of a new rep. With frequent watch rotation, a broken rep is actually quite rare. I have over 10 pieces and have only 2 with issues over the year I've had them. Rest are keeping good time and they have never been serviced before.

of course those high roller bros with super Frankens will disagree, 3-4K for a Franken AP, you would want to service them, but that's another league for the gods :rofl:

Newer guys, read what he said and move on.

Alternatively, try to do your own swapping/servicing/repairs.

sonicwinter

Known Member
22/4/07
Only 10% more? I supposed no warranty on the movement?

More things to come.

Ballpark 10% lah. Depends on your nego skills also.

The guy who owns the shop on the ground floor knows quite a bit about watches and can do some servicing if yours happen to break down. I think this beats sending back to TD in China which will take longer.

He calls himself Watch Lim. You can find him on wechat I believe. For those bros who drive, you might want to bring your broken reps to him and see if he can fix it? Might not be immediate though.

This is not an endorsement of his service btw.

lolo1972sg

Respected Member
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Ballpark 10% lah. Depends on your nego skills also.

The guy who owns the shop on the ground floor knows quite a bit about watches and can do some servicing if yours happen to break down. I think this beats sending back to TD in China which will take longer.

He calls himself Watch Lim. You can find him on wechat I believe. For those bros who drive, you might want to bring your broken reps to him and see if he can fix it? Might not be immediate though.

This is not an endorsement of his service btw.

Thanks. Sounds like not a bad find. Can see see look look before buying. Thanks :punk:

sonicwinter

Known Member
22/4/07
Thanks. Sounds like not a bad find. Can see see look look before buying. Thanks :punk:

Have fun and keep safe in boleh land! Don't wear too flashy AP or Rolex rep and attract unwanted attention.

I've also seen local wechat sellers with ready stock selling the new IWC pilot / AP 15400 for $580 with ready stock.

Considering online is about $500 after conversion and another $30 for EMS, the mark up is still tolerable if you don't wanna wait since you can see the piece in the flesh and not worry about missing out on something in the QC pictures.

jay78

18/6/13
Good watchsmith found
Had an AP 7750 dead n tried this new guy
Brought it back to life but cost quite a bit
Happy ending though