• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Singapore watch repair

proskiwxz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/8/15
i actually only change my crystals on my gmt 2 over there . Job was pretty good and collected in an Hr . I ask him if he can service these type of watches and he say yes . Maybe you wanna drop down and let him have a look .
those type of watch meaning replica?

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
people, be advised.

Many of the "watch smith" are just people who played around with some watches and happen to fix some using the wrong method. They do not know how to CORRECTLY service/repair watches.

proskiwxz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/8/15
i actually only change my crystals on my gmt 2 over there . Job was pretty good and collected in an Hr . I ask him if he can service these type of watches and he say yes . Maybe you wanna drop down and let him have a look .
how much is the crystal?and the crystal is a real rolex crystal?

adriankhor

Still New
25/2/14
how much is the crystal?and the crystal is a real rolex crystal?
the crystal is only mineral glass as Real Rolex sapphire glass cost around $400 plus as mention by the person . Got mine fix at $65.

people, be advised.

Many of the "watch smith" are just people who played around with some watches and happen to fix some using the wrong method. They do not know how to CORRECTLY service/repair watches.
well people, do take this Bros advise as I just share that there's someone willing to handle our watches.

orca

Getting To Know The Place
12/9/13
asian movements always runs into problems with keyless.. best way is simply watch a few vids and try resetting yourself. its not that hard...

lolo1972sg

Respected Member
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
asian movements always runs into problems with keyless.. best way is simply watch a few vids and try resetting yourself. its not that hard...
You must be damn good. Keyless is not really so easy to fix.

More things to come.

Nickdao.njd

22/12/15
There is one Youtube video on Watch Repair Channel that provide the way to fix keyless issue on 2824-2 without removing dial. And i've tried it ( intentionally messed up keyless work then try the method) and it worked. Tutorial videos are very useful.

Sent from my Heart using Slap-a-talk

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Keyless is easy. Plucking the hands out, and putting them back PROPERLY is hard!

lolo1972sg

Respected Member
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
There is one Youtube video on Watch Repair Channel that provide the way to fix keyless issue on 2824-2 without removing dial. And i've tried it ( intentionally messed up keyless work then try the method) and it worked. Tutorial videos are very useful.

Wow you are really good an brave. How is your lume project going? Let's chat on pm mate

More things to come.

lolo1972sg

Respected Member
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Keyless is easy. Plucking the hands out, and putting them back PROPERLY is hard!
Oh tell me that. I have just bent a sub dial hand and puffed a dial. But in a way, I expected that. I still have to learn how to take the small sub dial hands out properly with a dial protection sheet.

More things to come.

Nickdao.njd

22/12/15
I hate sub dial hands so much. The way i use to install it back is using rodico to pick it up and align it with the pinion, then gently push it in with a hands setting tools( shame on me,i'm still using toothpick with a hole on one side). [MENTION=113334]lolo1972sg[/MENTION] quite boring,i didnt find any spare time for it. Quite busy these days. I'll get to u after.

lolo1972sg

Respected Member
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
I hate sub dial hands so much. The way i use to install it back is using rodico to pick it up and align it with the pinion, then gently push it in with a hands setting tools( shame on me,i'm still using toothpick with a hole on one side). [MENTION=113334]lolo1972sg[/MENTION] quite boring,i didnt find any spare time for it. Quite busy these days. I'll get to u after.

Actually you can also use a small plastic cap (those to protect tweetzer tips) or even a thin eraser head and made a small hole to make a hand installer.
Yes, aligning the small hand to the pinion needs steady hands and patience, and I have neither.

More things to come.