• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

phillipj

Getting To Know The Place
26/1/17

phillipj

26/1/17
I'm hung up between the spectre or the blue co-axial, either of which I would wear on the stainless band as well as a high quality nato, like the phenomenato examples you guys recently posted. Nice to dress up or dress down, and not worry about a $10k expense. I'm mostly just curious to see how this replica looks and feels and functions next to my gen watches. Part of my job is looking for flaws, so somehow this has piqued my interest.

I was originally exploring homages (they did a spectre homage custom build at watchuseek, called an Orthos, which I will link below), but I was not a fan of the chunky dial markers or some of their other decision making; that's what brought me here. Appreciating any tidbits and insights.

0f772246e013db01dcc5587f3c671a94.jpg

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
WARNING !! That is wrong, the exact opposite is true, just in case someone wants to buy from TT (Andrew) who are a TD over at RWG. Again, the correct adress is trustytimezone.com, the other is a scam site.

I realised that just after the post when I saw the website on another forum

Sent from the RWI mobile app

haudi8596

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
North Carolina
Just FYI. IMO the phenome strap is just as nice and comfortable as the gen 007 nato strap. I have worn both and will continue wearing the phenome strap just to keep the 007 strap as pristine as possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

phillipj

26/1/17
Just FYI. IMO the phenome strap is just as nice and comfortable as the gen 007 nato strap. I have worn both and will continue wearing the phenome strap just to keep the 007 strap as pristine as possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, yours looks spot on.
It'll be the phenome or maybe a blushark alphashark strap...
(link): https://www.blusharkstraps.com/products/alphashark-bond?variant=23050755779

waiting a few days to see if there are any TD updates post chinese new year

cheers/ joe.

Mean Mr. Mustard

Known Member
2/1/17
USA
Asides from the potential seconds stutter of the v2 are there any other big concerns I should worry about? I mean, it looks spot on in my opinion.

than70

1/9/15
The movement on this watch is a Miyota which in turn is owned by Citizen so therefore it is safe to say it is made in Japan. An interesting fact is the movement which is a Miyota 8215 is manufactured for exactly 40 years this year. However, they are as boring as any Japanese car just like Honda or a Toyota but as reliable as they can be. Having said that, since the whole watch is assembled in China probably by some underpaid and overworked minors, some problems do occur but nothing that a trip to a reputable watch smith cannot be remedied. Properly regulated and water proofed, this will give some Swiss-made watches a run for their money.

Mean Mr. Mustard

Known Member
2/1/17
USA
The movement on this watch is a Miyota which in turn is owned by Citizen so therefore it is safe to say it is made in Japan. An interesting fact is the movement which is a Miyota 8215 is manufactured for more than 50 years now. However, they are as boring as any Japanese car just like Honda or a Toyota but as reliable as they can be. Having said that, since the whole watch is assembled in China probably by some underpaid and overworked minors, some problems do occur but nothing that a trip to a reputable watch smith cannot be remedied. Properly regulated and water proofed, this will give some Swiss-made watches a run for their money.

Thanks for the great info! It looks like Narikaa can source this so I might pull the trigger. I'm just a little worried about QC, but all should be good as long as I maintain a discerning eye!

than70

1/9/15
Ok good luck with that. From what I understand, the Spectre watch Narikaa sells has a larger watch dial at 44mm compared to 41mm V6F version which is the actual size of the Genuine Spectre. However, Narikaa may source you the smaller and correct version of the watch too so better confirm this first before you buy. Please take note that the larger version also contains a different movement which is an Asian movement which turn is Chinese made that is why it also cost a lot cheaper to buy.

Lirik

Renowned Member
17/11/13
Thanks for the great info! It looks like Narikaa can source this so I might pull the trigger. I'm just a little worried about QC, but all should be good as long as I maintain a discerning eye!

Narikaas reps are fun to start with the quality is nowhere near V6F/KW.
Also, Narikaas are from Thailand while basically every other factory is in China.

wegwerf70

21/8/16
You could ask the td for a video from the movement. So you can check it for stuttering.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

Mean Mr. Mustard

Known Member
2/1/17
USA
Okay thanks for all the help guys. I decided to go through marvelous replica instead. He'll be able to source a V6F and I'm sure he wouldn't mind sending me a video of the seconds hand so I can check for the stutter.

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
For those looking to snag this from intime like I am, a notice on their website indicates that they are back to work.

phillipj

26/1/17
For those looking to snag this from intime like I am, a notice on their website indicates that they are back to work.

I'm going to give it a try too. And if for some reason it isnt for me in person, maybe someone will be interested m2m stateside.

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
I'm going to ask something that might stir the pot in here but anyways, in this world of reps and TDs and whatnot, are we all bargain hunters in the sense that yes, these are reps of watches atmospheric in price but should we still look for the better deal amongst the TDs? I've scoured this thread and I'm close to choosing Watchoutlet for my Seamaster as their price is $213 ($176 plus shipping) and other TDs are $268 before shipping factors in. I've seen intime on here and the general consensus is that folks are happy. I know I I'll get what I pay for so basically I'm looking for someone to push me over the edge and go with watchoutlet.

hairlesscow

20/1/17
I'm going to ask something that might stir the pot in here but anyways, in this world of reps and TDs and whatnot, are we all bargain hunters in the sense that yes, these are reps of watches atmospheric in price but should we still look for the better deal amongst the TDs? I've scoured this thread and I'm close to choosing Watchoutlet for my Seamaster as their price is $213 ($176 plus shipping) and other TDs are $268 before shipping factors in. I've seen intime on here and the general consensus is that folks are happy. I know I I'll get what I pay for so basically I'm looking for someone to push me over the edge and go with watchoutlet.
First time hearing about watchoutlet. Do they have the same version Spectre? A rational consumer should purchase at the lowest price given the same item quality. People pay premiums to purchase from TD's because of their customer service

hairlesscow

20/1/17
http://watchoutlet01.com/watches/om...t-edition-on-007-nylon-strap-a8400-15066.html

Seems like the version that's out there currently. I'm all for proper customer service and making sure we get the version that we want, but folks have reported what they've QC'ed wasn't what they received. The low price speaks strongly with me but then again I want to be happy with my purchase and that means the watch has be up to my standards.
That's true. I didn't get the same Spectre as the one in my QC from kingwatch. I would go for it if they arre legit.