• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Yes, you're right. What do you think of these bezel numbers?
I'm not sure what this thing about the bezel numbers is. You can find plenty of angles with the VSF rep where all bezel numbers are visible. View my sold one below:

KHtgQI.jpeg

Reactions: KushBandit

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
I'm not sure what this thing about the bezel numbers is. You can find plenty of angles with the VSF rep where all bezel numbers are visible. View my sold one below:

KHtgQI.jpeg
It is when direct light is shaded from the bezel,the numbers disappear in photos. With gen they don't.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
My brother is looking to purchase the Seamaster Spectre. He came across this one, but we are unsure if its a gen or a rep. One thing that stood out was the fact that the numbers didn't disappear on the dial like most reps do. What do you all think?
A movement picture would help out greatly. Particularly, a photo of the balance wheel. So far, I'm leaning towards that being a VSF.

chrisat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/24
I received my VSF v2 Spectre today, and it's gorgeous. "Disappearing numbers" issue is really exaggerated on photos - it's not an issue for me in real life when looking at the watch with my eyes (I do see the issue on the smartphone display when I want to take a photo, though).
Winding is probably the smoothest of all my watches, including gen Omegas. :)

I'm just a bit confused now - bezel alignment was perfect on QC, and now it is slightly off. Not much, but enough to drive me crazy. It's even worse on the strap, as the 0 does not align with the stripes.
Any idea what could have happened?

chrisat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/24
Is the crystal a bit milky on this watch? I have been wearing the watch in different light conditions now, and it appears milkier than on any of my gens from various brands, as well as my other rep, a CF Daytona Panda.
I haven't seen that mentioned here before, discussion is usually more around the disappearing bezel numbers and a flimsy bracelet 😆