• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Meh.. it's a tell for us. Nobody even knows the spectre from the heritage, much less that the numerals on the bezel are brushed on the gen and polished on the rep.
Yeah doesn’t bother me one bit. I will buy a gen heritage eventually though, it’s on my list. Just got a speedy a few months ago, and purchased an AT yesterday. The heritage makes the spectre essentially pointless, everything is better on it IMO. Gen spectre is absolutely not worth it (at about 12k), the VSF is still nwbig. Mines even preraid VSF, runs like a champ.

Last edited:

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
On eBay... If this is Gen its got the same disappearing bezel numbers as the VSF

Can anyone say if this is gen or not? If it's gen then the worries over the bezel are overblown

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Not gen, and not a particularly good rep. Immediate tell is the balance wheel, which should be black. Also that NATO is so far from Omega quality.
Agree the nato is wrong. Balance is wrong, the color of the red lettering on the rotor is wrong too (looking at my gen AT 8900 movement right now for reference). The minutes hand lume plot looks wrong too.

The seamaster text looks too light too.

Last edited:

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
On eBay... If this is Gen its got the same disappearing bezel numbers as the VSF

Can anyone say if this is gen or not? If it's gen then the worries over the bezel are overblown
Report this eBay link before someone gets scammed.

4:45 in this video shows gen has a black balance wheel, should settle all debate.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Report this eBay link before someone gets scammed.

4:45 in this video shows gen has a black balance wheel, should settle all debate.
Will be reporting now! Suggest anyone else on this thread does too. The seller has a lot of history so wonder if they even know it's a rep.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Have an original pre raid vsf spectre for sale (pending) :)

Anyone know the full v1 vs v2 change list for VSF? I think the v1 looks better and has nicer lume, but I’m wondering what they improved as it was a re-release post raid that they called v2. Was it just the bracelet instead of nato?

Last edited:

lordsvensson

Horology Curious
19/1/23
EU
My just about "as good as new" VSF stopped working the second time I wore it. I am not aware of any shock or any other crazy thing happening, because I was handling that piece like a real treasure.

The rotor doesn't move unless I tap the watch lightly. The manual winding has no end or increasing resistance apart from the initial resistance that feels just as "strong" as when I got the watch from Trusty; it feels like it is moving plenty of gears, but it seems like there's no spring attached anymore (?). And no, I didn't overwind it, did ~15 twists to get it started and there was no increasing resistance that would indicate that I am nearing the end. None of the hands move unless I put the crown in the first or second position – then all move as intended (either just the hour hand, or both, and then both minute and hour hands matching up nicely). I have a short video here on my Dropbox to show the issue (hope it's OK to link out). Please excuse my baby kid crying in the background.

Since my sausage fingers are no good at fixing a watch, my question to you is: do you know a trusted watchmaker who could service this? I am located in Berlin, Germany. Would also willing to send it across the EU if the person is trusted in this community.

Thx!

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
My just about "as good as new" VSF stopped working the second time I wore it. I am not aware of any shock or any other crazy thing happening, because I was handling that piece like a real treasure.

The rotor doesn't move unless I tap the watch lightly. The manual winding has no end or increasing resistance apart from the initial resistance that feels just as "strong" as when I got the watch from Trusty; it feels like it is moving plenty of gears, but it seems like there's no spring attached anymore (?). And no, I didn't overwind it, did ~15 twists to get it started and there was no increasing resistance that would indicate that I am nearing the end. None of the hands move unless I put the crown in the first or second position – then all move as intended (either just the hour hand, or both, and then both minute and hour hands matching up nicely). I have a short video here on my Dropbox to show the issue (hope it's OK to link out). Please excuse my baby kid crying in the background.

Since my sausage fingers are no good at fixing a watch, my question to you is: do you know a trusted watchmaker who could service this? I am located in Berlin, Germany. Would also willing to send it across the EU if the person is trusted in this community.

Thx!
There's a few EU watch repair people on the forums you can reach out to, check here. However, what you're likely going to want to do here is swap that movement out for a eta 2824/sw200, you can prob get the decorations back on as well (maybe). Most of the watchmakers have a billion spare a2824 parts though, so maybe they can just fix yours rather than swap movements, but if you really like the watch I'd swap to sw200 for sure, around $200usd, expect installation to be around $100-200. You can also buy a no-date version of the sw200 so you won't have a ghost date position, it's the same price.

I believe the hand height is h2, so go on cousins since you're EU (they're UK) and order the SW200.1 (ND, H2, S, Std) or if you want better accuracy you'll have to live with the ghost date position which is only noticeable to you, but yeah.

Last edited:
Reactions: lordsvensson

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19

Thx!
It looks like you have the same issue as this post from earlier in the thread (LINK), i.e., the decorative cover that normally covers the mounting screw for the cover has come loose and is now moving freely inside the case (if you manually flip back and forth through a few of the video frames are 14 seconds into your video you can see the cover moving around as you tilt the case).

Spoons

Patron
Certified
21/4/19
There's a few EU watch repair people on the forums you can reach out to, check here. However, what you're likely going to want to do here is swap that movement out for a eta 2824/sw200, you can prob get the decorations back on as well (maybe). Most of the watchmakers have a billion spare a2824 parts though, so maybe they can just fix yours rather than swap movements, but if you really like the watch I'd swap to sw200 for sure, around $200usd, expect installation to be around $100-200. You can also buy a no-date version of the sw200 so you won't have a ghost date position, it's the same price.

I believe the hand height is h2, so go on cousins since you're EU (they're UK) and order the SW200.1 (ND, H2, S, Std) or if you want better accuracy you'll have to live with the ghost date position which is only noticeable to you, but yeah.
The VSF "superclone" movements are not simple decorated ETA 2824 clone movements. @santre22 posted a great breakdown of one of the superclone movements in this thread (LINK)

Reactions: KushBandit

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
The VSF "superclone" movements are not simple decorated ETA 2824 clone movements. @santre22 posted a great breakdown of one of the superclone movements in this thread (LINK)
Ahh hmm, it seems like the twin barrel ones VSF has done more custom, the single barrel, I have the deco plate off one right here, it's a piece of crap:

K2U04Q.png

Looks like the 8500 is custom decorated a2824/7750 and the 88xx are 2824s w/ a simple deco plate:

I am not really sure what the 8400 is, I'm guessing more in line with the 8500 since the difference is just the date afaik, but not sure. I want to say you can still fit a eta 2824/sw200 in there BTW, it just might require a custom movement holder you could 3d print easily (theres even project files you can use as a base). Unless the 2824/sw200 is too big or tall, that's another story. Maybe hands need special stem, but good watchmaker can sort that anyways, can't imagine any difficulty with the dial.

But yeah, not as easy as the 88xx which I had kat swap to a sw200, and that was just a drop in swap.

Last edited:

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Ahh hmm, it seems like the twin barrel ones VSF has done more custom, the single barrel, I have the deco plate off one right here, it's a piece of crap:

K2U04Q.png

Looks like the 8500 is custom decorated a2824/7750 and the 88xx are 2824s w/ a simple deco plate:

I am not really sure what the 8400 is, I'm guessing more in line with the 8500 since the difference is just the date afaik, but not sure. I want to say you can still fit a eta 2824/sw200 in there BTW, it just might require a custom movement holder you could 3d print easily (theres even project files you can use as a base). Unless the 2824/sw200 is too big or tall, that's another story. Maybe hands need special stem, but good watchmaker can sort that anyways, can't imagine any difficulty with the dial.

But yeah, not as easy as the 88xx which I had kat swap to a sw200, and that was just a drop in swap.
VSF never used the decorated 2824, V6F did. The VSF 8400 is a superclone movement.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

K2U04Q.png

No, it is not a simple 2824 swap. The VSF 8400 has the hour hand adjustable independently.

Andy1212

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/22
My brother is looking to purchase the Seamaster Spectre. He came across this one, but we are unsure if its a gen or a rep. One thing that stood out was the fact that the numbers didn't disappear on the dial like most reps do. What do you all think?