• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

phillipj

Getting To Know The Place
26/1/17
I'm going to ask something that might stir the pot in here but anyways, in this world of reps and TDs and whatnot, are we all bargain hunters in the sense that yes, these are reps of watches atmospheric in price but should we still look for the better deal amongst the TDs? I've scoured this thread and I'm close to choosing Watchoutlet for my Seamaster as their price is $213 ($176 plus shipping) and other TDs are $268 before shipping factors in. I've seen intime on here and the general consensus is that folks are happy. I know I I'll get what I pay for so basically I'm looking for someone to push me over the edge and go with watchoutlet.

I like the octopus version nato bands that they have over the typical 007. I'm still not liking spectre version watch over the co-axial 300. I mean, that watch, all it did in the movie was blow up! perhaps it's prophetic. :)))

Hopefully, people's reviews of their experience with whatever dealer are real. I see people talking about no warranty on the watch with certain dealers and no returns etc, but I doubt it's easy to return regardless of where you got it from. Ethically speaking it's not really upstanding to be buying fake versions of anything as it undermines the actual business.

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
It's all a crapshoot but I guess we all find ways to take comfort in whatever the outcome is. If this TD turns out to be great then I can say I only spent so much, then of course the flip side is if it turns out to be bad, then I will say I should've spent a little more on what the general consensus deemed to be close to gen.

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
I like the octopus version nato bands that they have over the typical 007. I'm still not liking spectre version watch over the co-axial 300. I mean, that watch, all it did in the movie was blow up! perhaps it's prophetic. :)))

Hopefully, people's reviews of their experience with whatever dealer are real. I see people talking about no warranty on the watch with certain dealers and no returns etc, but I doubt it's easy to return regardless of where you got it from. Ethically speaking it's not really upstanding to be buying fake versions of anything as it undermines the actual business.

I bought the movie specifically for the scene where Q gives him the watch.

wasted.daylight

Do not accept unsolicited offers
17/1/17
Hello,

A new member here, working on my first purchase. :) I ended up ordering this beautiful Spectre. Some of you said that the factory's quality control has deteriorated lately and buyers have seen a lot of flawed watches in QC photos.

Can you educate a newbie and tell what the most frequent faults are / what I should especially look for in the QC pictures?

haudi8596

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
North Carolina
Hello,

A new member here, working on my first purchase. :) I ended up ordering this beautiful Spectre. Some of you said that the factory's quality control has deteriorated lately and buyers have seen a lot of flawed watches in QC photos.

Can you educate a newbie and tell what the most frequent faults are / what I should especially look for in the QC pictures?
Well the first and what should be the most obvious would be a correct dial.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
I placed an order through watchoutlet01 and they have an in house video on what the product should be like. Study it carefully, like someone said, look at the dial first and foremost check to see all the markings are there. Another poster said the back cover on theirs had the markings from a Planet Ocean so check that back cover. Look at the bezel to see if it lines up with the hour markers on the dial.

wasted.daylight

Do not accept unsolicited offers
17/1/17
Thank you, this was the kind of info I needed. My first watch had failed the TD's quality check, so I guess the factory has some quality issues indeed.

wegwerf70

Getting To Know The Place
21/8/16
Hello,

Ask them for a video to check for movement stuttering.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Cape cod should do just fine

Two questions:

1) Would mothers mag and aluminum also work?

2) How comparable is the end result using the above methods in duplicating the genuine?

haudi8596

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
North Carolina
Two questions:

1) Would mothers mag and aluminum also work?

2) How comparable is the end result using the above methods in duplicating the genuine?
Depends I guess. Removing the crown or keeping it on the watch while doing it?

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Depends I guess. Removing the crown or keeping it on the watch while doing it?

Keeping it on the watch while polishing.

I've recently did some work on my Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 that involved grinding down the center link on the bracelet. It's better now, but I made several mistakes that now have me pretty worried about attempting another watch DIY, if it's even worth the trouble and potentially messing it up. If I attempt this, I at least like to know what the end result will look like.

haudi8596

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
North Carolina
Keeping it on the watch while polishing.

I've recently did some work on my Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 that involved grinding down the center link on the bracelet. It's better now, but I made several mistakes that now have me pretty worried about attempting another watch DIY, if it's even worth the trouble and potentially messing it up. If I attempt this, I at least like to know what the end result will look like.
This is what I would do.
Crown side up I would tape off the case on that side. If you have any, I would apply a small amount of mothers chrome polish to the face of the crown. Let it sit long enough to turn pasty. I would take a small piece of Cape cod and remove the mothers while continuing to polish with cape cod. That should do the trick!

haudi8596

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
North Carolina
I have screwed up a few watches myself. I have learned from my mistakes. Plus, I know my limitations now too. I can handle most of the basics now. Beyond that, you have strodda and other experts here to help.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
This is what I would do.
Crown side up I would tape off the case on that side. If you have any, I would apply a small amount of mothers chrome polish to the face of the crown. Let it sit long enough to turn pasty. I would take a small piece of Cape cod and remove the mothers while continuing to polish with cape cod. That should do the trick!

Thanks haudi8596. I will definitely try that... if I work up the courage first :D.

My replica is so beautiful already the way it is, I like to think of it as an almost perfect peice. It keeps great time, the dial and bezel are superb, and the case back is perfect, it even has the words "Spectre" aligned right under the crown. When I look down on it I can see it looking back at me, and it makes me smile :02.47-tranquillity:. It would kill me inside if I messed it up, how I messed up my Nautilus.