• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster 300 Spectre ''SPC300''

spamtron

Do not accept unsolicited offers
22/9/16
I think I'll stick with the Timefactors more color correct strap over the pheonix or 2x$$ phenome...
dlbond3.jpg

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
I think I'll stick with the Timefactors more color correct strap over the pheonix or 2x$$ phenome...
dlbond3.jpg

You're right about the color. I wore the strap once and was pretty bummed about the color not matching to the gen. I should have gotten it from Timefactors. Oh well, that's why it's called buyers remouse.

But I'll give it another chance soon and make the best of it .

Bytheway, curious about what limited edition #'s others have, and if they are random or all the same. I have 4616/7007.

Mr.JC

gotsung

8/1/16
I did... and did not like the color compared to the original. PhenomeNATO needs to go with a more silver grey for theirs instead of the greenish grey.
you should definitely buy a gen if you want period perfect. phenomenato is by far the best. Timefactors is pure shit compared to phenomenato. but I guess to each their own.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
you should definitely buy a gen if you want period perfect. phenomenato is by far the best. Timefactors is pure shit compared to phenomenato. but I guess to each their own.

LoL ...

I agree, the gen is the only way to go for true color authenticity. I'll keep the Phenomenato on my Seiko Fifty Five Fathom mod, but it will never go on my Seamaster 300 Spectre watch.

spamtron

22/9/16

Have you had both in hand to make this kind of statement? If so would you have pics handy of them together and a review of what makes one better than the other? I have not, so I'm genuinely asking...

spamtron

22/9/16
LoL ?...

I agree, the gen is the only way to go for true color authenticity. I'll keep the Phenomenato on my Seiko Fifty Five Fathom mod, but it will never go on my Seamaster 300 Spectre watch.

I'm not opposed to that either, but if I get 9/10s there for a fraction of the price (just like the watch itself) that's the way I'll go typically. I figure if the phenom at 2x the $$ is that much better than the timefactors, then the OEM isn't that far a reach to go either.

gotsung

8/1/16
I'm not opposed to that either, but if I get 9/10s there for a fraction of the price (just like the watch itself) that's the way I'll go typically. I figure if the phenom at 2x the $$ is that much better than the timefactors, then the OEM isn't that far a reach to go either.
oem is like 180. phenomenato is 40 so I say it's worth. phenomenato is 10/10 in my book just off the color but again if you want perfect pay ridiculous amount for a gen.

gotsung

8/1/16
Have you had both in hand to make this kind of statement? If so would you have pics handy of them together and a review of what makes one better than the other? I have not, so I'm genuinely asking...
I did have Timefactor deluxe strap and it was crap compared to phenomenato. tf strap isn't bad but it's stiff and thick and frays easily from what I have read. I didn't even use it for a day cause it was so thick and uncomfortable. but phenomenato is very soft supple and thin enough so it doesn't create much added depth to your watch. the guy who makes the straps spent over a year trying to get it right in the ball park of omega quality. you can follow his progress in wus.

gotsung

8/1/16
I did have Timefactor deluxe strap and it was crap compared to phenomenato. tf strap isn't bad but it's stiff and thick and frays easily from what I have read. I didn't even use it for a day cause it was so thick and uncomfortable. but phenomenato is very soft supple and thin enough so it doesn't create much added depth to your watch. the guy who makes the straps spent over a year trying to get it right in the ball park of omega quality. you can follow his progress in wus.
also... the floating keeper of the phenomenato, which is like oem, makes a difference. tf does not have floating keeper. hard to tuck and short for even 7 inch wrist like mine.

dannyc88

29/11/16
hi everyone, thanks for all of these great posts. Looking to get a rep myself...I've been tracking the links through the 48 pages and haven't found a live link to purchase. Anyone know any good ones? I found pureintime.me that sells them...but couldn't find any solid reviews. Recommendations appreciated :)

go000ob

Renowned Member
3/11/15
hi everyone, thanks for all of these great posts. Looking to get a rep myself...I've been tracking the links through the 48 pages and haven't found a live link to purchase. Anyone know any good ones? I found pureintime.me that sells them...but couldn't find any solid reviews. Recommendations appreciated :)

look in the trusted dealers section, you'll find many, just pick one of them and you're good to go

Variatio Delectat

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/13
Planet Earth

There's Puretime and Intime in the TD's section, but not pureintime. Avoid any website being none of the TDs.

Dark12

23/2/16
Got mine from Ryan @ intime....still going strong.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Got mine from Ryan @ intime....still going strong.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I got mine from Ryan too. It's perfect, in my opinion. I am very happy with it, and have no regrets.

Bananaman

Getting To Know The Place
30/12/10
re: Hands slipping

I dont know if this is a common problem, but for those of you who have the same issue:

I noticed that the second hands on the spectre model slips (drops) at certain points. (With the crown side down, the hands stop and then slip/drops around 5-10. )
Didnt seem to affect the time keeping but it was bugging me.

So I asked my guy to take a look and he told me it was to do with the tension of the friction springs and that it was an easy fix.
Now the hands are moving smoothly and the symptoms have faded. Also the jittering of the hands that many complain about has disappeared.

Hope this is of some help to those of you who are experiencing the same problem.