• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT-Master I & II

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I decided to dip my toe in the GMT waters to see if I would like it - I picked one up from the excellent WBK who had it in my hands in no time. After wearing it for a while I think I've officially been bitten by the GMT bug.

VTaHGOK.jpg

I do like the WBK one that I got, and it was great value for money. The case, the bracelet, the SEL fitment are good. There are some things that I have noticed that I am hoping might be fixable or not present in a higher-end rep of the 116710.

- the bezel insert alignment is off. this isn't terrible day to day because I can keep it "between" clicks to line it up properly, but I would prefer that it be lined up. Can this be fixed?

- the cyclops is a little bit crooked. assuming this can be fixed, especially since I suppose I could just get a replacement crystal put on

- the rotor is very loud. I would want to replace the movement or at least see if lubricating the rotor helped this. I am not really bothered by the ICHS (i'd rather have a more reliable movement than CHS, but if there is a reliable CHS movement out there I would probably go for it), but I would like to have a high-beat movement in this, either by replacing it or buying a higher quality rep

- the spring bars were flimsy. that was easily remedied.

So, some questions for the GMT experts:

- do you think the things I listed above would be remedied by buying something like http://puretime03.com/watch-brands/...ck-ceramic-11-noob-best-edition-a2836-v2.html ?

- is the movement in the newer CHS versions more reliable? judging from what i have read in this thread that's an open question (i assume)

- additionally, i really like the looks of the 16710. Looking at this page though - http://puretime03.com/watch-brands/rolex/gmt-master-ii/gmt-master-ii-black-bezel.html# there is not a ton of information about the movement etc, so I am hesitant. any recommendations on a TD for a good 16710LN rep?
Hey bud. Also the date window is too far to the right I think. And nothing can fix that. I would enjoy it as is or upgrade to a better rep.

There is no good 16710 . Your best bet is a modded 1675 in terms of an accurate rep.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

kdo2milger

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/3/06
Hey bud. Also the date window is too far to the right I think. And nothing can fix that. I would enjoy it as is or upgrade to a better rep.

There is no good 16710 . Your best bet is a modded 1675 in terms of an accurate rep.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Whole heartily agree.
This is nothing more than a sacrificial lamb.
That dial is like pepper spray in the eyes.
Throw lighter fluid on it and burn it.
Please!

elfuque

Known Member
6/1/17
that would be a little drastic. i sold it on M2M. I am working on getting a noob version with the CHS and a prof crystal, then maybe a gen bezel if i can find a good price on one.

jakekrait

19/1/17
that would be a little drastic. i sold it on M2M. I am working on getting a noob version with the CHS and a prof crystal, then maybe a gen bezel if i can find a good price on one.

Do you happ to know how the Prof crystal compares to GEN both in quality and price?

lazar

Looking Around
13/3/17
Your first post, and your asking "the" question...

In all reality you first must know if you are after a 5 digit or 6 digit sub.
Judging from the link you provided, it appears you are wanting a 6 digit.

I will tell you that Noob Factory currently makes the best overall 6 digit sub.
With that said go here and look at our Trusted Dealers websites, and find the Noob V7.

You also need to decide on which movement to go with.
Mov't. choices are A2836 or SA3135, I won't explain the difference...
General rule of thumb is never pay for the swiss upgrade.
Then you need to decide which color, green or black.

These are some of the useful links that will provide you with some basic knowledge needed to become more educated on this hobby:

The First Constitution of RWI
The ULTIMATE Guide to RWI - New members read here!
First timers: Read me first before posting
Who can I buy replica watches from?
RWI Trusted Replica Dealers
Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs
New Sales Rules, March 30th, 2016
Guide - how to purchase your first rep
Best replica models of the particular factories
Rolex Submariner
Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE
{*PCTeam*} PAM Luminor 44mm CASE-SETS - Noob vs. KW vs. H maker
ETA 2836-2 vs Clone - how to tell "Swiss" from "Asian"
Movements Guide for Noobs
The Purpose of QC Pictures

Good Hunting

Thank you for the information above - very helpful pages which I will read.

Unfortunaly, the Noob V7 is a Submariner and I'm looking for a GMT model. Im not asking for the best gen like watch but the best GMT model.

kdo2milger

17/3/06

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Have they fixed the bezel in that latest version . ..? The ceramic paint in the 6 was a big put off.

yesgary

Known Member
30/1/17
Australia
Yes I've resigned myself to wait until noob fix the bezel issue on the BLNR- perhaps by that time they'll have nailed the CHS issues too! ;)

So in the meantime I satiated my vain desire for a new watch by scoring a beautiful HULK off a member at RWG... I'm not really a Sub guy, but the Hulk is a striking timepiece :)

The waiting continues... ;)

Slowlex

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
24/7/13
What exactly are the issues with the chs movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro