• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT-Master I & II

powerdrome

Certified
6/9/16
Strange thing about that is movement showed in last picture is a 2813, usually this comes with the Incorrect Hand Stack.
Other pictures show a CHS movement with GMT hand below all others.

Am I wrong?

Hi All - anyone got a view on which factory is better for the the older style 16710 ? Best I can see is http://ts-station.cn/gmt-master-2/1...an-2813_6a03cae9cb2a7e890cfa6add9bedc62c.html

I asked Puretime for the version on their site but they said they can no longer get it..... I got a panerai instead but still want this watch !

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Some of the new GMT Masters have the correct hand stack and I'm sure the older cheaper movement models will have the incorrect hand stack.

My genuine 216570

_MG_8125.jpg

M42M42

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/3/13
The 116710 blnr beautifull at the wrist
Perfect size

ChrisKirk

Looking Around
16/1/17
Hi there im looking for an high end replica of this Rolex GMT Master II 116710 BLNR
Any advice where i can buy it ? swiss or japanese ?

015.jpg

Thank you

Silvanos

Renowned Member
22/5/15
Hi there im looking for an high end replica of this Rolex GMT Master II 116710 BLNR
Any advice where i can buy it ? swiss or japanese ?

015.jpg

Thank you

Welcome mate, ypou're on the right thread,
just spent little time to read some pages)

ChrisKirk

Looking Around
16/1/17
Thank you for the answer, asian movement it is good enough? It exists in swiss movement?

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
Is this movement solid enough to go for or would it be better to stick with v2, 2836 and miss out on the correct hand stack? How well tried is the "custom movement"?
Decisions ..decisions ... which do you choose hand-stack or movement ? up to you I just told you where to make your choice ... there is a special feature in this forum called 'search' you can type things in it and find information ...

like this https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/a3187.169998/

Sorry I haven't had time to research this and give you a better response ..

giphy.gif

Robrox

Horology Curious
23/7/13
Decisions ..decisions ... which do you choose hand-stack or movement ? up to you I just told you where to make your choice ... there is a special feature in this forum called 'search' you can type things in it and find information ...

like this https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/a3187.169998/

Sorry I haven't had time to research this and give you a better response ..
Cheers for the effort ;)

You sounded solid on your recommendation and therefore I just wanted to hear your own opinion/experience. I've read lots of posts both here and elsewhere concerning 2836 vs customised 3186 and havent found much detailed information.
I think I'll end up with a 2836 movement and guess I'll regret that when the day comes when I actually starts to think about the importance of the hand-stack - that probably no one looking at my watch will ever notice! :)

D

d4m.test

Is that a noob or? What version?
A beaut!
Thanks. This is an old school 1675 GMT build that started out as a 1655 Explorer II with gen&discontinued parts. Nowadays You may well start with a Supermirrors 1675 and modify it.

szombat

Horology Curious
29/8/16
Hi Guys!

It looks like Ive slowly been poisoned with Rolex...and would appriciate some help with a question I have:
I love the way GMT master II looks. The bezel just works for me better than the Sub. But I dont like the bracelet. So the question is: can I have a GMT Master II with a Submariner bracelet and clasp?

Has anybody done it before?
Thanks in advance!