• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT-Master I & II

jameslook

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/14
I just purchased noob GMT CHS and 3187 movement. Thought I would take a chance. Once it arrives I'll update though lots of people have commented already.
It's only money :)

yesgary

Known Member
30/1/17
Australia
I just purchased noob GMT CHS and 3187 movement. Thought I would take a chance. Once it arrives I'll update though lots of people have commented already.
Just take the time to learn how to adjust it (there are numerous posts/guides on here), and let us know! :)

Quattro247

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/16
IMG_1909.JPG
Hello,
I wonder which Rolex GMT is the best rep out there, and most gen like?
I found this one at ttw, what do you think guys? -> http://www.ttw-138.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=16693
Hi,
I have owned the gen GMT II master which I bought new in 2007. I loved the watch and wore it pretty much daily until I parted with it recently to get some funds in. I missed having it in the collection so bought a BK GMT master II from a friend in the states which arrived a few days ago. I have to say it measures up to the gen pretty damn well and although I think BK GMT II's are getting a little difficult to find I would definitely recommend one if you are looking for gen like Rep of this model. As with any Rep you are never going to find one without its flaws next to a gen but I'm impressed with this and you certainly won't be disappointed if you can find one. I can post you some more pictures if you are interested in seeing it in a bit more detail

cgonne

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/12/16

Tell me what you think when you set the time. My heart stops every time, the movement looks so fragile when you set up the hour hand... !

Silvanos

Renowned Member
22/5/15
At the moment the best is latest Noob's A3186 LN, with independent adjustable hour hand, imho

yesgary

Known Member
30/1/17
Australia
With all the issues around the CHS noob BLNR model at the moment, I went and grabbed a noob V2 BLNR from Toro, which arrived last week and is schweeet! :cool: US$158+shipping really well spent. When they fix the bezel and all the CHS issues I might upgrade. Might. ;)

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
01_2.jpg

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17

My GMT Master llunnamed.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 0

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
My dream was to own a gen of the Pepsi. That is until I saw the price of the gen yesterday during my visit to the Rolex boutique. Shocking! LOL. So now I plan on getting a rep of the GMT Master II Pepsi... But which is the best one available now? Noob or BP? And how is the quality of the ceramic bezel? And does the GMT function work?

Forgive me for I'm a noob when it comes to Rolex reps :p

yesgary

Known Member
30/1/17
Australia
My dream was to own a gen of the Pepsi. That is until I saw the price of the gen yesterday during my visit to the Rolex boutique. Shocking! LOL. So now I plan on getting a rep of the GMT Master II Pepsi... But which is the best one available now? Noob or BP? And how is the quality of the ceramic bezel? And does the GMT function work?

Forgive me for I'm a noob when it comes to Rolex reps :p

If you are after the GMT-II 16710 Pepsi then I read most aren't great reps... but I also read BP make the best of that bunch. The 16710 comes with an aluminium bezel too.

If you're after ceramic you'll be choosing from a 116710 series, typically LN or the BLNR. There is no actual 'Pepsi' 116710 rep made at the moment, and the 'Coke' ones are fantasy models. If you take a look at the GENs, there is a 116710 BLRO which is technically a 'Pepsi', but its bezel is faded blue and almost a pink-red, and it really looks a poor successor to the Pepsi 16710, which is a classic and highly sought after, even in rep-world!

I'd say go for a 116710 LN or BLNR, or look at the BP 16710 Pepsi models. Good luck! :)

Imabeliever

Horology Curious
22/5/17
Which TD has the best example of the black, Hulk,Kermit sub mariner date.. thanks for you help!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
Would be great if someone can do a review of the BP 16710 Pepsi, since reading this thread have been obsessively looking for a 16710 :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

flxfxo

Horology Curious
3/11/16
Which is the best batman rep out there without CHS? I don't care as much about the hand stack, but I do care about accuracy and reliability, which the latter is faltering on with CHS.

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15
With all the issues around the CHS noob BLNR model at the moment, I went and grabbed a noob V2 BLNR from Toro, which arrived last week and is schweeet! :cool: US$158+shipping really well spent. When they fix the bezel and all the CHS issues I might upgrade. Might. ;)

@yesgary: Very nice........can you confirm this is the one with A2813 movement ?

yesgary

Known Member
30/1/17
Australia
@yesgary: Very nice........can you confirm this is the one with A2813 movement ?
Yes that is the one I purchased. Turns out (via the input of other more knowledgeable members here :) ) that the movement is actually a GMT-specific 3804B movement, but is just advertised as a 2813.

Just did the silver paint bezel mod to it and it rocks- love it!! :D

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Yes that is the one I purchased. Turns out (via the input of other more knowledgeable members here :) ) that the movement is actually a GMT-specific 3804B movement, but is just advertised as a 2813.

Hmmmm.... sure it is a DG 3804B movt?

nuvolablue01

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/15

Does look like a steal at that price. How does the 2813 movement feel? Never been a fan tbh - but if it works and the rest of the watch is decent build quality, I could be tempted.

I tried a gen LN on yesterday - was surprised that the Arabic numerals on the bezel looked more white than silver; anyone else noticed that on the gen?

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

yesgary

Known Member
30/1/17
Australia
Does look like a steal at that price. How does the 2813 movement feel? Never been a fan tbh - but if it works and the rest of the watch is decent build quality, I could be tempted.

I tried a gen LN on yesterday - was surprised that the Arabic numerals on the bezel looked more white than silver; anyone else noticed that on the gen?

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk
The movement is great- loses 15secs a day (out of the box- I'll get around to getting it adjusted), and all works well. As I say, for the $$$ it rocks :)

And yes, the GEN platinum is almost white in certain light.