• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex GMT-Master I & II

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
I'm not sure personally but some other members here said it was- apparently a solid native GMT movement used at this level.
Yes. The 3804B is pretty reliable. Also commonly used in some of the GMT vintage builds (example 1675).

Danii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/15
The figures of the date seems not verry well align :-/

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Looks like it may ride a little low. Nothing I would mind at all though, it's most likely just the angle.

alext24

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/13
Looks like it may ride a little low. Nothing I would mind at all though, it's most likely just the angle.

Yes 10s/day it's a lot. Is not too much ?

Danii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/15
Yes 10s/day it's a lot. Is not too much ?

It's a little high, but if you care that much about get it serviced. You can't really expect much more from a 'fresh' CHS clone movement imo.
Get the IHCS one if you want better reliability

jbglx

Known Member
1/4/16
Would be great if someone can do a review of the BP 16710 Pepsi, since reading this thread have been obsessively looking for a 16710 :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Here you can see two 16710 that I bought last year , I think they are BP . See all the photos and yo´ll find a Pepsi and a Coke GMT II 16710 . The only two flaws that I see are , crown little bit low compared to the CG , and lacks a hole for the springbars in the clasp .
66da2911aed8ea33c9d53fc3dc83404f.jpg

46d4b530f4dd07f3fe7f574fae5197db.jpg

altf4

Horology Curious
22/6/17
Which is the best batman rep out there without CHS? I don't care as much about the hand stack, but I do care about accuracy and reliability, which the latter is faltering on with CHS.

x2 on this question

SteveA1973

Known Member
31/5/17
I've been researching and reading all about the gmt and I was all set to pull the trigger on a chs today, but after all the bad press about it I have decided to hold off on a purchase and go with the next watch on my want list, a daytona.
I think once the reliability issues are ironed out a chs (same goes for expii) will be worth the wait for me.

felix.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.
2/4/13
I've purchased a GMT II Batman with the correct hand stack and even though I've been told the movement is not the best I couldn't be happier with it. My first choice was the ceramic Pepsi but they don't do a correct hand stack so my intention was to convert this one. Unfortunately trying to get hold of a ceramic Pepsi bezel is impossible

yesgary

Known Member
30/1/17
Australia
I've purchased a GMT II Batman with the correct hand stack and even though I've been told the movement is not the best I couldn't be happier with it. My first choice was the ceramic Pepsi but they don't do a correct hand stack so my intention was to convert this one. Unfortunately trying to get hold of a ceramic Pepsi bezel is impossible
Photos or it didn't happen!! :D ;)

felix.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.
2/4/13
Photos or it didn't happen!! :D ;)

It didn't yet. The Pepsi bezel I purchased was pretty poor and not even ceramic even though I was told prior to purchase it was. I will definitely be moving forward with the project as long as I can get the right bezel.