• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM67-02

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
It looks expensive is what it looks like :ROFLMAO:

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I do notice the caseback is flat, which isn't quite correct but is much easier to make and find crystals for. Concave sapphire is not exactly easy to machine for that rear xtal.

BIONONE

Respected Member
28/4/17
front crystal also looks like it's lacking curvature...

hopefully the final version will have enough depth and curvature to it. Movement looks like a nice start even without the top decoration - considering nobody thought an RM67 rep was feasible.

Looking at recent releases - maybe bigger factories will wrap their hands around it and bring it to another level.

...wishful thinking 👹

Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I mean, lets get the hopes up. If its a miyota based type of thing, atleast it wont be expensive…right? Right?!
If it is a rebridged Miyota (definitely possible with a 9000-series) it might be like the original BBR and drop at a way lower price than we expect. There's a touch over 3mm of space in the case and that's definitely in the ballpark for one of those thin Miyotas with some custom bridgework. The OG BBR might be the closest comparison since that's also an existing movement re-bridged. I'm still annoyed that they finished before my version was fully done but one person working on the side probably can't be expected to beat a factory!

Dollar_short

i know things
8/4/24
outside shitcago
If it is a rebridged Miyota (definitely possible with a 9000-series) it might be like the original BBR and drop at a way lower price than we expect. There's a touch over 3mm of space in the case and that's definitely in the ballpark for one of those thin Miyotas with some custom bridgework. The OG BBR might be the closest comparison since that's also an existing movement re-bridged. I'm still annoyed that they finished before my version was fully done but one person working on the side probably can't be expected to beat a factory!

lets see a pic/linl to what you are talking about, idk enough to look myself.

yeah, one man factory. i made 4 hands, but i can't get the proportions right. then home improvements got in the way.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
lets see a pic/linl to what you are talking about, idk enough to look myself.

yeah, one man factory. i made 4 hands, but i can't get the proportions right. then home improvements got in the way.
Essentially what they probably did was take an existing movement, play with the locations of the wheels (because that doesn't matter as long as the pivots are spaced properly and all the wheels are interfacing) and make new plates to hold the wheels in the new position. All they have to do is some CAD and some math and you can CNC new bridge plates that look like whatever you want. Hard to explain and harder to link to but that's what BBR most likely did and what I would guess this is. A Miyota 9015 is a likely starting point because it's cheap, parts and tech docs are readily available, and it's like 3.2ish mm thick with a rotor and a datewheel which is almost thin enough to fit a gen-spec case which has like 3.15mm (I think, don't have my CAD drawings here) of space in it for a movement.

Reactions: Dollar_short

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I do notice the caseback is flat, which isn't quite correct but is much easier to make and find crystals for. Concave sapphire is not exactly easy to machine for that rear xtal.

Back is indeed like a flat pancake. No curvature at all. Also strap screws/holes seem a bit big in diameter. But could be lens/angle

front crystal also looks like it's lacking curvature...

hopefully the final version will have enough depth and curvature to it. Movement looks like a nice start even without the top decoration - considering nobody thought an RM67 rep was feasible.

Looking at recent releases - maybe bigger factories will wrap their hands around it and bring it to another level.

...wishful thinking 👹

Yeah you guys are rigbt the side profile is not correct. But that's what you get for a rep of a 200K watch. I guess with out a real clone movement it will be difficult to get the case dimensions/curvatures correct.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Yeah you guys are rigbt the side profile is not correct. But that's what you get for a rep of a 200K watch. I guess with out a real clone movement it will be difficult to get the case dimensions/curvatures correct.
If it's thin and a skeletonized movement, ain't nobody but us gonna notice the case shape on wrist. It's not perfect but it's a damn sight better than any existing rep and it's better than mine (which has a "more correct" case shape). I'm super interested in what this develops into, it'd be a great watch at an original BBR pricepoint! Good looking out, thanks for posting!

seanizcool

Known Member
3/9/21
I ragged on the movement before but I will buy this literally however it looks, just for the thickness/shape of the watch, idc if it even says RM on it lol

Reactions: iggypop

chickenwing339

Do not accept unsolicited offers
12/7/24
If it's thin and a skeletonized movement, ain't nobody but us gonna notice the case shape on wrist. It's not perfect but it's a damn sight better than any existing rep and it's better than mine (which has a "more correct" case shape). I'm super interested in what this develops into, it'd be a great watch at an original BBR pricepoint! Good looking out, thanks for posting!
Maybe y'all should work together on one that has correct case shape+thin movement :p.

Also, it may just be the angle but the rep seems even thinner than gen in the comparison pic

• Haha
Reactions: GiantSquid

Dave88

Getting To Know The Place
4/6/21
Hello,

I was just told that the first version of the RM 67 is actually thinner than the gen by about 0.2-0.3mm. Will be around 7.5mm.

As I mentioned before, there should be announcements before the end of the year.

If demand is strong enough, they will make a follow up version sometime mid 2025.

That's all the news I have so far.

Cheers

Reactions: romito_21 and Timrm