• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM67-02

romito_21

5/5/19
Hi all lovers of the RM67-02
the lust of having a virtually weightless watch can be quite exciting and comfortable..
but the issue is we don’t have the repmaker willing to make the case and movement thin enough..
does anyone seem to think we can show enough interest here to make the factories like BBR get on board?
what does everyone think?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
They won't/can't make this close to gen unless they went full clone on the movement, which no one is going to do for a bit. I'm making a homebuild one and it's a huge pain in the ass. I just had to redesign 70% of mine after real-world testing showed that the construction wasn't up to par, and I've been working on this thing for nearly two years. It's an absolute bitch to make and they'd have to do the same thing with the movement that BBR did to make their first clone, and that alone took years. Problem is that there's just no room in the case so there's no room for a movement and deco like usual and they'd have to make custom bridges instead.

That's a lot of words to say that it's super unlikely this will be fully cloned like others, but it would be doable with a quartz movement and good deco like I've been trying to do.

romito_21

5/5/19
They won't/can't make this close to gen unless they went full clone on the movement, which no one is going to do for a bit. I'm making a homebuild one and it's a huge pain in the ass. I just had to redesign 70% of mine after real-world testing showed that the construction wasn't up to par, and I've been working on this thing for nearly two years. It's an absolute bitch to make and they'd have to do the same thing with the movement that BBR did to make their first clone, and that alone took years. Problem is that there's just no room in the case so there's no room for a movement and deco like usual and they'd have to make custom bridges instead.

That's a lot of words to say that it's super unlikely this will be fully cloned like others, but it would be doable with a quartz movement and good deco like I've been trying to do.
really interesting to hear…
fair play! makes total sense

Reactions: GiantSquid

Kurtoseas

That chill guy
Certified
8/10/22
Personnally, I would love to see a clone movement RM 67-02 with gen thickness. I believe it may take some good time to develop, however I believe it will be worth it for the first factory to develop it.

Based on my conversations with fellow collectors, RM 67-02 is the RM that gets the most love among watch enthusiasts and it is by far the most wearable. A good rep of 67-02 and 67-01 will get a lot of people reaching to their wallets. I would be happy to pay around 1k USD for an accurate clone rep.

Definitely a good idea @romito_21 to open a thread for 67-02!

Reactions: romito_21

romito_21

5/5/19
Personnally, I would love to see a clone movement RM 67-02 with gen thickness. I believe it may take some good time to develop, however I believe it will be worth it for the first factory to develop it.

Based on my conversations with fellow collectors, RM 67-02 is the RM that gets the most love among watch enthusiasts and it is by far the most wearable. A good rep of 67-02 and 67-01 will get a lot of people reaching to their wallets. I would be happy to pay around 1k USD for an accurate clone rep.

Definitely a good idea @romito_21 to open a thread for 67-02!
well said!
we need more people to post in here and let’s see how far we can get with it!

pataccaro

Swiss banker
17/4/15
I have spent some time with the gens of 67-01 and (mostly) 67-02 and as @GiantSquid said, and as I've had the pleasure of following his journey of replicating the watch, the amount of movement they've put in such a small case is incredible. There's no room for air in there, the movement takes up everything and it's a beauty to look at, so much so that to me it's almost an insult that they've put the "underwear" band on it lol. It would be great to see a teardown online just to be dreaming of building a 1:1 clone but that is very unrealistic at the moment. Also, with an MSRP that grew of over 100K in the past 2-3 years to a staggering 230K today, it's become unattainable for so many people at the moment that a 1:1 replica would be a hard sell, especially at 1K+ list price.

romito_21

5/5/19
I have spent some time with the gens of 67-01 and (mostly) 67-02 and as @GiantSquid said, and as I've had the pleasure of following his journey of replicating the watch, the amount of movement they've put in such a small case is incredible. There's no room for air in there, the movement takes up everything and it's a beauty to look at, so much so that to me it's almost an insult that they've put the "underwear" band on it lol. It would be great to see a teardown online just to be dreaming of building a 1:1 clone but that is very unrealistic at the moment. Also, with an MSRP that grew of over 100K in the past 2-3 years to a staggering 230K today, it's become unattainable for so many people at the moment that a 1:1 replica would be a hard sell, especially at 1K+ list price.
i think for a 1:1 replica 1-1.5k price it would be fair especially the type of people looking for these reps?

pataccaro

Swiss banker
17/4/15
i think for a 1:1 replica 1-1.5k price it would be fair especially the type of people looking for these reps?
I am sure market price (which today basically equals retail price) + development costs really hold back manufacturing, I wouldn‘t be surprised if it would take hundreds if not a thousand buyers to even break even, in a declining watch market. We’ve seen a development of replicas especially when the watch market that’s flourishing, nowadays I would imagine demand has waned a bit.

romito_21

5/5/19
I am sure market price (which today basically equals retail price) + development costs really hold back manufacturing, I wouldn‘t be surprised if it would take hundreds if not a thousand buyers to even break even, in a declining watch market. We’ve seen a development of replicas especially when the watch market that’s flourishing, nowadays I would imagine demand has waned a bit.
that’s true.
but i also think the replica market won’t be affected as much due to pricing being mostly affordable to most.

againstfakes

Horology Curious
12/6/23
Germany
I was searching for the RM67-02 because I recently acquired a genuine one, and I was extremely excited about it. However, I couldn't find any sellers offering it for sale. I would even be willing to pay $5,000 for such a beautiful and meticulously crafted timepiece.

kallebo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/16
sign me up.
i don't mind if it's even a quarts movement at this point. the RM67 wears insane since it's ridiculously flat.
paired with the strap, this lightweight thing is a must buy for everybody who likes funky stuff.

would instant buy one if it's close to gen specs.

Timrm

24/4/18
Even if they make one it won’t satisfy us. They won’t be able to make the movement thin enough and as we know from the previous ones the deco plating looks too cheap.

But there are new factories working on clone movements. At that moment RM35, 61 and 55‘s. The best version is pretty much exactly like gen. I could not spot any difference. They also make CNC custom carbon cases.

Let’s hope prices go down, more people buy and they develop more RM‘s for us :)