• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QF Le Mans Daytona 126529(White-Eyed Wolf)High Definition Photos

m120

Known Member
Patron
Certified
28/9/18
USA
Salon
I was wondering if the pushers, om the APS case, would line up with the movement in the QF.

Also, do you know what 295-C gasket I should get for a gen crystal? Esslinger shows must 295-C gaskets.
Esslinger gaskets are excellent. I recommend using them.

shame and accountability

Getting To Know The Place
23/6/24
I was wondering if the pushers, om the APS case, would line up with the movement in the QF.

Also, do you know what 295-C gasket I should get for a gen crystal? Esslinger shows must 295-C gaskets.
You want 295-c 1 2.30mm .expecting parts not to fit to be honest.
I'm sure when I see a QF the pushers are not going to bother me.
Put a gasket and a deep crystal and be done

Reactions: Cubatobaco

xZeroCoolx

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/10/22
US
A couple more updates.

Neither of my examples would pass a 2 bar waterproof test out of the box.

Here is the stock gasket that causes the milky ring and likely the issue with not being waterproof. The gasket is short, and the lip around the dial also seems a little short. This is made slightly worse by the weld used to keep the tungsten insert in place.

I wanted to add a Deep crystal with the AR removed from the outside, so I didn't spend time testing with the stock crystal. For the Deep, I tried several gaskets: Gen, Esslinger, Clean, McCaw, and Cousins, all 29.5 and 2.3 or 2.35mm. The Cousins were the only ones I could get to test 3 bar and pass.

It's been cloudy, and I'm not the best photographer, but here are the final results. I will try to get some better pictures this week, as well as some of the yellow gold.

I also can't get my phone to stop compressing the text on the dial and doing weird things. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions. :oops:

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
A couple more updates.

Here is the stock gasket that causes the milky ring and likely the issue with not being waterproof. The gasket is short, and the lip around the dial also seems a little short. This is made slightly worse by the weld used to keep the tungsten insert in place.

I wanted to add a Deep crystal with the AR removed from the outside, so I didn't spend time testing with the stock crystal. For the Deep, I tried several gaskets: Gen, Esslinger, Clean, McCaw, and Cousins, all 29.5 and 2.3 or 2.35mm. The Cousins were the only ones I could get to test 3 bar and pass.

It's been cloudy, and I'm not the best photographer, but here are the final results. I will try to get some better pictures this week, as well as some of the yellow gold.

I also can't get my phone to stop compressing the text on the dial and doing weird things. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions. :oops:
Cool post, thx for the hints, just passed this through to my watchsmith to prepare himself foe the incoming stuff

Reactions: xZeroCoolx

extreme^

Do not accept unsolicited offers
7/7/23
A couple more updates.

Amazing! What size did you end up using from cousins? 2.3mm or 2.35mm?

RolexNewb

4/4/24
Sin City Las Vegas
So I received mine today as well! I couldn't be happier. This is coming from someone that said they'd never own a Daytona. Well, I was wrong. Dead wrong!

The only thing that sort of made me laugh was how big the band was compared to the other Rolex rep's I've purchased. I usually only take out 1-2 links, whereas I had to take out 4 from this. I think that's where your "weight" comes from...lol. Either way, it has a very gen feel in respect to weight. The luster of the WG is definitely more present than regular SS. We had a very cloudy day, here in VA, so trying to capture the sunburst from the dial will have to wait. I think I see it? The Chrono function is very responsive and resets like a flash. The band needs an oil bath as there are aa few squeaks, but nothing crazy. Again, I couldn't be more pleased.

PS - I had another watch arrive as well, so he jumped in the photo too!

who did you order from? I ordered from Andiot Watches with Elliot. It's been 20 days since I paid and I'm soooooooo anxious!!! hahahaha

RolexNewb

4/4/24
Sin City Las Vegas
I forgot to ask if anyone has silenced the rotor or if they think it needs to be done on their rep? Mine had a slight "wizzing" noise and today I decided to apply a drop of oil. The inside was a little dirty, so I took some time, after removing the rotor to clean what I could with some Rodeo and peg wood. It turned out very nice. Looks better to me at least. I will say that it is nearly silent now. And just when I didn't think I could love this watch anymore. Lol!

Very Cool!!! I need to buy the rear case remover tool. Which one are you using?

Cubatobaco

Horological Specimen
Supporter
Certified
24/6/24
VA
who did you order from? I ordered from Andiot Watches with Elliot. It's been 20 days since I paid and I'm soooooooo anxious!!! hahahaha
Was referred to a non-TD that was quick as lighting.

RolexNewb

4/4/24
Sin City Las Vegas
A couple more updates.

Do you change the gasket and crystal for members? Or who do you use? I'm still waiting for my LeMans and I'm interested in this white gold add on with change of milky gasket and deep crystal

trickstar911

Known Member
6/7/11
Bath , uk
A couple more updates.

looks a lot more gen for sure