• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Puretime order and how I soiled myself afterwards.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
The whole order was a very risky one to begin with: ordering 4 of the most difficult to get, most difficult to produce, and most fragile replicas on the planet, each one from a different factory, all in one package. That right there opened the door for multiple potential problems, and it should be no surprise that things went sideways.

It's almost impossible to have a happy ending to a story like this.

selfmademan

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/2/24
accept a broken watch, delivered broken from the 1st minute.....!!??

Is that seriously what you are saying.........

Reaps

-
25/9/22

Replica watch is replica watch. Sorry but they can break.

The watch was broken during shipping. TD dont control shipping or how shipping companies treat packages....

Ok. So your clasp is broken. Why don't you take it to a watch maker to see if it's a simple fix, like replacing a pin?

Ok, lets say then it cannot be repaired and needs a new clasp. Ask TD to see if you can get a replacement clasp instead.

Ok. Lets say then replacement clasp and bracelet cannot be sourced. Last resort is to buy a leather strap for the model so you can wear it.

Do you really think TDs just ship broken watches? Puretime has been here for 10+ years and would not survive sending broken watches....

So much complaining but 0 action. You can sit and cry about TD or take intitative.... replica is replica....

You would cry if you endured what I had to with replicas.

M+ Tudor FXD - stem broke after 3 days. No complaining I just sent to watch maker to replace stem and got my TD to refund the $30 replacement

Rolex VSF - clasp came broken. Asked TD to send new clasp. Done. Split the cost with TD.

SW hands for 4130 Daytona - kept slipping. Bought new hands instead that fit perfectly.

VSF 1055 Panerai - DOA. Sent it back and waited 4.5 months to get it fixed.

Vacheron 45470 - rotor broken on arrival. Got replaced with 9015 rotor by watch maker. Split cost with TD on repair....

Fortune favors those who take action to resolve their own problems.... that is the replica game.....

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Replica watch is replica watch. Sorry but they can break.

The watch was broken during shipping. TD dont control shipping or how shipping companies treat packages....

Ok. So your clasp is broken. Why don't you take it to a watch maker to see if it's a simple fix, like replacing a pin?

Ok, lets say then it cannot be repaired and needs a new clasp. Ask TD to see if you can get a replacement clasp instead.

Ok. Lets say then replacement clasp and bracelet cannot be sourced. Last resort is to buy a leather strap for the model so you can wear it.

Do you really think TDs just ship broken watches? Puretime has been here for 10+ years and would not survive sending broken watches....

So much complaining but 0 action. You can sit and cry about TD or take intitative.... replica is replica....

You would cry if you endured what I had to with replicas.

M+ Tudor FXD - stem broke after 3 days. No complaining I just sent to watch maker to replace stem and got my TD to refund the $30 replacement

Rolex VSF - clasp came broken. Asked TD to send new clasp. Done. Split the cost with TD.

SW hands for 4130 Daytona - kept slipping. Bought new hands instead that fit perfectly.

VSF 1055 Panerai - DOA. Sent it back and waited 4.5 months to get it fixed.

Vacheron 45470 - rotor broken on arrival. Got replaced with 9015 rotor by watch maker. Split cost with TD on repair....

Fortune favors those who take action to resolve their own problems.... that is the replica game.....
Plus, he is not telling the whole truth from the very beginning, he only tells the story which is in his favour.

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06

If you really hate the dealer and that hatred trickle down to the watch then why don't you just sell it?
Get rid of it as fast as possible and be done with it.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Plus, he is not telling the whole truth from the very beginning, he only tells the story which is in his favour.
I won't throw mud at OP. But quite frankly many people are not suitable for the replica game.

They want perfection from an illegal replica industry, they want a perfect watch for 5% of cost of a real watch but dont understand trade offs with it.

Understand that the watch you bought was made by a worker in illegal environment who don't care. No standards for manufacturing and assembly.

Blame TD for everything... I feel bad. TD gets blame for all issues, payment issue, shipping, sourcing, things they cant control.....

"Shit can go wrong". Thats what the motto of the replica game should be.

Now if you choose to play replicas, you can either sit and complain to TDs to fix your problem, or fix it yourself.

If the plumbing in your house breaks, will you complain to the utilities company? Or just get a plumber to fix your plumbing so you can use the bathroom?

Karbon74

Pika Factory - Currently in hiatus
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
We did offered to source a replacement clasp or customer can choose to return the bracelet back for exchange. We can't provide a refund due to stickers are removed.

It’s funny how OP conveniently forgot to mention this… It looks awfully like a resolution to me 🤔
I email Puretime immediately - there have been many emails, photos and videos sent since - but 10 days later - no resolution offered.

Reactions: CF_Stan and Reaps

Feefo

Vaselume (TM) Authorized Dealer
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
I remember my very first TD purchase, my first rep. I had been lurking on rwi for several months to study but wasn't a member yet. To manage risks I ordered a simple, cheap, mid tier watch, a BP OP. I had zero expectations and was prepared for total loss factoring in counterfeit industry, expectable quality, overseas shipping, customs risks etc. Zero expectations. If I would have lost the watch or received a broken thing I'd have written it off to the above. Do not engage in the rep business if you can't cope with the financial loss. I won't add "cope with disappointment" because that would be wrong, disappointment requires an expectation, and expectations should be kept low.
In my purchasing history with TDs I've experienced several month long waiting times for quite standard models and my last experience lasted overall 7 months to solve an issue (dial damaged prior to shipping, replacement dial sourced and shipped). In that time, I kept my conversation with the TD always civil. I just waited, sometimes letting way more than a month pass before asking for an update. I knew I'd get what the TD had promised, and I knew what the TD could offer. Oh, the dial swap is obviously on me, I write it off as a manageable risk, happy enough to receiving a dial replacement at all.

Karbon74

Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
What I feel is that many get into this thinking that they are getting a Rolex (or any) for very cheap.

So they come in expecting Rolex, or at least over the counter, buying experience for a pitiful amount of money.

selfmademan

Banned
16/2/24
No, he won’t. All he wants is someone from Puretime kneeling in front of him, suck him up and tell him “My Lord, we sincerely apologize to you, we will have someone hand carry a new rep to you , you will get it within 24 hours and we still fully refund you as a goodwill.”
What Bullshit. I just want a watch that arrives not broken. What kind of fucking nut job are you...!

selfmademan

Banned
16/2/24
What I feel is that many get into this thinking that they are getting a Rolex (or any) for very cheap.

So they come in expecting Rolex, or at least over the counter, buying experience for a pitiful amount of money.
I am not sure where the idea comes from i have unreasonable expectations. This is not a small issue, i am not being picky, the clasp, which is not even a regular clasp is broken and the watch cannot be used. Its a simple as that, not a crackpot expecting a 100% perfect Rep. Just not broken!!

selfmademan

Banned
16/2/24
@puretime does not want to help or resolve issue.

They have actually emailed this morning to say they will not help.

I think my first email was perhaps actually correct, they are Scammers out to Rob people.

Nearly two weeks of constant emails and they will not help.

They have sent me a broken watch, they wont help

I would tell anyone that PureTime are to be AVOIDED at all costs - Thieves - Scam Merchants and i really dont care what any 'seasoned' users here thing on subject, as too many in this thread shown they are absolute idiots

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Oh look, I'm being called an absolute idiot

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

selfmademan

Banned
16/2/24
I would just like to share some advice.

Avoid @puretime at all costs.

They are not helpful, honest or honourable.

I have been caused endless pain from my dealings with them.

You cannot rely on them in any aspect

They have lots of defenders on here - who knows why - but my truth is they are not honest, reliable or to be trusted.

Just Avoid Avoid Avoid

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
Although I don’t have a broken clasp, I do have a detached clasp part I’ve been trying to repair. I have more spring bars on order which of course are presently lost in the mail in my own town and I’ll even order another clasp from Ali just to possibly use for its spring bar. I am taking action to try to solve my problem and I can relate to the bad feeling of getting something brand new that hasn’t arrived the way it should.

In the past I once received a watch with a completely broken clasp. The dealer sent me a new bracelet for free. It looks like those days are over

Karbon74

Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
@puretime does not want to help or resolve issue.

They have actually emailed this morning to say they will not help.

I think my first email was perhaps actually correct, they are Scammers out to Rob people.

Nearly two weeks of constant emails and they will not help.

They have sent me a broken watch, they wont help

I would tell anyone that PureTime are to be AVOIDED at all costs - Thieves - Scam Merchants and i really dont care what any 'seasoned' users here thing on subject, as too many in this thread shown they are absolute idiots

You are right. and all the TDs are the same. some worse.

And all seasoned members are idiots. Especially @Reaps
And @Got20Mate

Bonkers

You absolutely should steer clear of this nutcase forum and its scammer TDs.

Go safely buy by googling up replica websites and from Insta sellers. Go Go Go.

go away GIF

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Although I don’t have a broken clasp, I do have a detached clasp part I’ve been trying to repair. I have more spring bars on order which of course are presently lost in the mail in my own town and I’ll even order another clasp from Ali just to possibly use for its spring bar. I am taking action to try to solve my problem and I can relate to the bad feeling of getting something brand new that hasn’t arrived the way it should.

In the past I once received a watch with a completely broken clasp. The dealer sent me a new bracelet for free. It looks like those days are over
Nah. Dealers send replacement bracelets and parts all the time. Free of charge or you pay shipping only. But you can judge from this thread the way this guy talks - accusing people of thieves and scammers, that puretime basically doesn't want to deal with him anymore.