• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Puretime order and how I soiled myself afterwards.

m5750

Supporter
Certified
22/3/24
Cleveland OH
That saying is way out dated after what @m5750 reminding us of. In years gone by the cost of fuel was no more considered than the cost of refreshments. With those expenses approaching $2k nowadays it’s time I start taking them into consideration and offer to kick in a 20 spot towards my beer since they do all the driving. 🤣
A really frustrating thing is when someone shows up to go out and gives me a 6 pack. Thank you for the $9 tip. I'm assuming now that person will be providing 3 meals throughout the day as well. Fuel wasn't even a discussion point at one time. Now (outside of California), it fluctuates around and above $7 a gallon at times. It's the small cost for loads of self-perpetuating torture and overall unhealthy financial wellbeing. :ROFLMAO: It's expensive, but can't seem to kick the habit.

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302 and Zeta7

m5750

Supporter
Certified
22/3/24
Cleveland OH
Kudos (y)

I was having a similar convo with @C Master recently.
My last few boats burned fuel in tonnes, not gallons :D

I find the watch hobby cheap in comparison to some of my previous hobbies, all of which involved mostly huge V8 and V12 boosted engines and going at insane speeds :ROFLMAO:
Yeah! I read in another post that you build, right? I'm a backyard gearhead. Love tinkering. I've got a 66' Thunderbird that would get to 60 in a cool 4-1/2 minutes, even with a big-block. I'm thinking, if there isn't one already, a thread about cars/other horrible investments. :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302

m5750

Supporter
Certified
22/3/24
Cleveland OH
You're a man of culture...i'm poor compared to some of you, my dream is (was ??? you know, in a few years they will be considered 'old technology) owning a V12 car ....no V8 (which i like) , no V10 (which i like very much !) ...but a V12.

If i understood well, you @Dave2302 are referring to marine Egines ?

This Verado seems to be on a dinghy. Some sort of inflatable craft. These outboards are no joke and are a pinnacle since Seven Marine sold. Being that this engine costs more than my whole boat, I'll dream with you :ROFLMAO: