• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Puretime order and how I soiled myself afterwards.

Sirmoog

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/24
That's not true. Your views do count as does everyone else's. This is an optics issue, 10 times per week we have a brand new person show up only to complain about a "scam" on a TD who has been selling reps for 25 years. You are not new, you are just new here.

I do not see that this person put public pressure invoking a reaction by the TD. The TD has been making things right with people here since 2006, no threads necessary.

The OP had a right to be frustrated, the OP had a right to reject all options given by the TD to rectify the situation, forum members had a right to flame the OP for refusing all options giving and labeling the longest serving TD with a million transactions as a scammer.

Please stop. Move on.. Everyone needs to stop the pissing match please.
I agree. I don’t know the original poster, and don’t know what they did to be banned. I shared my opinion on the matter and have moved on. Plenty of other things more interesting to chat on.

Reactions: Karbon74

Andrew_watchlist

Supporter
Certified
28/4/24
Eggs and one basket spring to mind. I would not place a £2k order with anyone in this specific market. So much can go wrong at any point, for any reason, and not necessarily the buyers or sellers fault. Buy one, if it works buy your next, yadayada.

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Reddit doesn't count
KRsq83.gif

m5750

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
22/3/24
US
Reddit doesn't count
Ironically enough, I just saw someone earlier on Reddit going on about how he got scammed. The site, at first glance appeared to be one of our TDs but had a different domain name. He indeed got scammed. Everyone told him about the resources available and "Skimming isn't reading". Dude got semi-belligerent, and everyone stopped feeling bad for him. So much information on how to do this correctly. There's not much wiggle room for this stuff when there's a whole community of people one can ask and documentation they can read.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Ironically enough, I just saw someone earlier on Reddit going on about how he got scammed. The site, at first glance appeared to be one of our TDs but had a different domain name. He indeed got scammed. Everyone told him about the resources available and "Skimming isn't reading". Dude got semi-belligerent, and everyone stopped feeling bad for him. So much information on how to do this correctly. There's not much wiggle room for this stuff when there's a whole community of people one can ask and documentation they can read.
We have the same kind of people here on a daily basis, fewer recently, but quite a few a while back then. They don't care about reps, they don't want to learn anything about reps, they just want to get the best possible reps so that they can flex it on a Saturday night clubbing.

m5750

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
22/3/24
US
We have the same kind of people here on a daily basis, fewer recently, but quite a few a while back then. They don't care about reps, they don't want to learn anything about reps, they just want to get the best possible reps so that they can flex it on a Saturday night clubbing.
In my opinion, one of the biggest flexes is being honest if asked. You never know who you're talking to, and keeping up with lying isn't sustainable. I have gens and reps. Nothing to prove. I'm the first to admit I can't buy a gen Daytona with a panda dial (or any Daytona) :ROFLMAO: . But here, let me show you my Seiko Alpinist lol

Last edited:

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
In my opinion, one of the biggest flexes is being honest if asked. You never know who you're talking to, and keeping up with lying isn't sustainable. I have gens and reps. Nothing to prove. I'm the first to admit I can't buy a gen Daytona with a panda dial :ROFLMAO: . But here, let me show you my Seiko Alpinist lol
Lots of truth in what you’re saying. I can afford to buy the gen Daytona but let me show you my new Kubota tractor with loader and implements instead. 😂

m5750

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
22/3/24
US
Lots of truth in what you’re saying. I can afford to buy the gen Daytona but let me show you my new Kubota tractor with loader and implements instead. 😂
I was thinking, if I didn't own a boat, I might be able to throw down on a Daytona, but owning a floating money pit puts other priorities in check :LOL:

Every time I'm at the fuel dock and I drop $1400 to fill both tanks, I think of all the more important things I could be spending that on lol

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I was thinking, if I didn't own a boat, I might be able to throw down on a Daytona, but owning a floating money pit puts other priorities in check :LOL:

Every time I'm at the fuel dock and I drop $1400 to fill both tanks, I think of all the more important things I could be spending that on lol
Boat = Bust Out Another Thousand

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY

Only thing better than having a boat is having a good friend with a boat!

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Boat = Bust Out Another Thousand
That saying is way out dated after what @m5750 reminding us of. In years gone by the cost of fuel was no more considered than the cost of refreshments. With those expenses approaching $2k nowadays it’s time I start taking them into consideration and offer to kick in a 20 spot towards my beer since they do all the driving. 🤣

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I was thinking, if I didn't own a boat, I might be able to throw down on a Daytona ....... Every time I'm at the fuel dock and I drop $1400 to fill both tanks,

Kudos (y)

I was having a similar convo with @C Master recently.
My last few boats burned fuel in tonnes, not gallons :D

I find the watch hobby cheap in comparison to some of my previous hobbies, all of which involved mostly huge V8 and V12 boosted engines and going at insane speeds :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
I find the watch hobby cheap in comparison to some of my previous hobbies, all of which involved mostly huge V8 and V12 boosted engines and going at sane speeds :ROFLMAO:

You're a man of culture...i'm poor compared to some of you, my dream is (was ??? you know, in a few years they will be considered 'old technology) owning a V12 car ....no V8 (which i like) , no V10 (which i like very much !) ...but a V12.

If i understood well, you @Dave2302 are referring to marine Egines ?

Reactions: m5750 and Dave2302

Zeta7

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
Kudos (y)

I was having a similar convo with @C Master recently.
My last few boats burned fuel in tonnes, not gallons :D

I find the watch hobby cheap in comparison to some of my previous hobbies, all of which involved mostly huge V8 and V12 boosted engines and going at insane speeds :ROFLMAO:
My last couple of years in the reserves were doing drug interdiction in the Gulf of Mexico and there was bad guys out there. That’s been almost 20 years ago now. It’s gotta be worse now especially with all the cartels smuggling people for illegal immigration. I don’t think I would want to be out too far as a civilian. You guys be careful. The pirates of the Caribbean ain’t just a movie.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
If i understood well, you @Dave2302 are referring to marine Egines ?

In my middle aged offshore Powerboat and motor Yacht "phase" they all had inboards, supercharged or turbocharged twin big block V8's circa 502ci, and one 34ft offshore "Cigarette" boat had twin V12 Lamborghini Engines running dual Ray Jay marine Turbos and 6 twin choke Webers each engine.

The Draco and then Sunseeker both had big twin turbocharged V8 Diesels, and they (due to sheer hull size) were the thirstiest ever.

Waterski Boats I had from age 20's to 56, most had small block 350 - 400ci V8's in Mastercrafts / Ski Nautiques and Malibus most were running on LPG as opposed to petrol. My 21ft bare-footing boat had a 225hp triple Carb Yamaha outboard running premium petrol. Then I got one of the first HPDI Yamaha O/B's for that boat and it literally cut our fuel costs by around 80% when footin' :D

I sold the last Boat around 5 years ago.
Just cars these days, mostly Mercedes 5.0 and 5.4 litre V8's and a very quick factory mapped AMG Diesel ;)

You guys be careful. The pirates of the Caribbean ain’t just a movie.

Nor were the "Pirates of south London / Southend Essex" ............... They were my old stomping grounds and trust me it was wild back in them days :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
In my middle aged offshore Powerboat and motor Yacht "phase" they all had inboards, supercharged or turbocharged twin big block V8's circa 502ci, and one 34ft offshore "Cigarette" boat had twin V12 Lamborghini Engines running dual Ray Jay marine Turbos and 6 twin choke Webers each engine.

Fantastic...!!!

. I can only imagine tuning that Webers... Lambo carbureted engine (until 1988 Countach they were all carburetor engines of I remember correctly) was notoriously tricky to tune and regulate.

Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I can only imagine tuning that Webers... Lambo carbureted engine (until 1988 Countach they were all carburetor engines of I remember correctly) was notoriously tricky to tune and regulate.

Yes they were an art, which I perfected, had been used to tuning Webers on my Rally Cars back in the day, but they were mostly 4 cylinder with 2 sidedrafts, the Lambo engines had 6 carbs with 2 chokes each.
I had a length of 3" x 1" timber with 12 vacuum gauges and used to balance them that way, but yeah, I doubt there are many techies left these days that can set them up spot on nowadays (y)

My biggest claim to fame was out with a mate who (still) builds Race boats in England and sells them. He needed to test one one day, so as I was at that time the "Commodore" of a Water Ski Club on the River Medway and it was a quiet week day I took the boat down to our slipway and me (piloting) and my buddy data logging / adjusting, trickled out past some moorings and did a few passes as he tuned stuff.

After a few passes I gave it the gun. This thing had three 300hp Evinrudes on the back IIRC it was a 26 ft Phantom hull, narrow race boat style.

So we are getting up to around 90mph and I know it's got bucket loads more to give so I'm trimming it up, trimming it up, trimming it up and it's pulling hard, speedo racing towards about 120 mph, nose caught a wave, up she went, the wind under the front and completely flipped.

Dazed and slightly WTF happened faces on, there is us 2 bobbing in the water with seat cushions and trim and other bits all floating around us !!

Then I see one of the local marina owners was heading towards us to pick us up and grabbing bits of the debris on the way. We got on board and he towed the boat which was now floating the right way up and half full of water back to the club slipway where we got it back on the trailer and drained.

Back to his workshops and out with all spark plugs on all 3 engines, air boxes off, spun the motors, which hadn't ingested much water thankfully, they wouldn't have been running when it landed back in the water as I was wearing the kill cord !! (y)

By that evening she was all up and running again. He had told the new owner that there was a problem with one of the engines on testing and the part would take a couple of days to get, I doubt the guy ever knew that his brand new boat had turned a cartwheel before he got it :ROFLMAO:

Now, just for the non nautical guys who might be reading this in horror, this is a fairly common occurrence when racing powerboats, so it wasn't like we were dicing with death or owt, we had all the right kit on, and I'm sure that boat was probably flipped / sunk a few more times in its lifetime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeta7

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/1/08
Nyc
Fantastic...!!!

. I can only imagine tuning that Webers... Lambo carbureted engine (until 1988 Countach they were all carburetor engines of I remember correctly) was notoriously tricky to tune and regulate.
Best thing I’ve ever heard in my life was countach with Kressiegg exhaust carborated. My neigbor has a ferrari 512 bb- carbed as well. My 911 rs has twin Weber’s , all just beautiful sounds