• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
He is running a special on 10 pieces at $165 usd shipped or $205 with a Deep crystal included

Reactions: nastynodes

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
The Xing inserts I've installed were all too thick and were either flush or slightly above the bezel ring as opposed to being slightly recessed. I hope they address that at some point, but until then I made a simple insert holder for use on my diamond lap for thinning them. It works well using a 240 grit lap.
What can the amateur do at home? Sandpaper it down?

chappac

Still New
29/3/23
United Kingdom
I believe this is a v4 as it was delivered with the silver on the back of the bezel like described in the V4.0 post

Only received a few days ago!

Colours in some light look closer to Mk2 in my opinion. Sorry my camera is rubbish

I've tried to capture the imperfections as best I can . Its already been sent to be coated again as that was my only disappointment was with the like bump at 6 and the obvious colour difference at 18 on the 1 and 8 . Also shown in the V4.0 post !

But it's a much better than CF apart from the bump that lets it down

Reactions: Neon and diamonds

Manuelito108

Getting To Know The Place
20/2/23
Italy
Hi, next week will arrive V4 bezel and today i ve tried to open watch to see how i will fix it. i have problems because ring doesn’t fit (where?). Please could you help me so when new bezel will arrive i can put easily. Thank you

Reactions: Neon

chappac

Still New
29/3/23
United Kingdom
Hi, next week will arrive V4 bezel and today i ve tried to open watch to see how i will fix it. i have problems because ring doesn’t fit (where?). Please could you help me so when new bezel will arrive i can put easily. Thank you
Like this the plastic ring sits inside the metal bezel ring.

Is has to go in the right way up with the lip facing up so it can be pressed back on the case

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
Thanks for the pics everyone. I’m a little lost. Hopefully someone makes a video before I get mine.

Manuelito108

Getting To Know The Place
20/2/23
Italy
Like this the plastic ring sits inside the metal bezel ring.

Is has to go in the right way up with the lip facing up so it can be pressed back on the case

Ok thank you, so now i know problem is that i put ring inside smaller metal circle instead bigger one, many thanks

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Any of it would be helpful. How to get the old insert out. Where to put tape. Etc
The process is very similar: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/rolex-6-digit-sub-bezel-and-crystal-swap-diy.10310195/

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
The process is very similar: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/rolex-6-digit-sub-bezel-and-crystal-swap-diy.10310195/

What tools do I need for this insert swap?