• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
It sure is, and the Xing insert does it nicely.
If Xing can do it, Clean should be able to do it.
I like your optimism
Remember to factories it’s all a game, they fix one thing leave another and people will always wanna keep changing. My advice, get the new clean DD3285 when it drops.
Gen xtal, gen dw, gen crown, gen tube and a Xing bezel. Mild franken gen “ spec “ pepsi
The result looks the same as the UV check from previous version
It should be the same I just struggled to find a good video so I made one when mine arrived

Reactions: mrsullivan

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
I like your optimism
Remember to factories it’s all a game, they fix one thing leave another and people will always wanna keep changing. My advice, get the new clean DD3285 when it drops.
Gen xtal, gen dw, gen crown, gen tube and a Xing bezel. Mild franken gen “ spec “ pepsi
You got it, and that's the plan!
I already have gen crystal, gen datewheel, gen crown, and gen hands! Just waiting for reviews on Clean's BLRO, and also if VSF will step up, before the Franken is put together.
In the meantime, I plan on ordering the Xing BLRO insert. Thanks brother. 💪🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: AG91 and Th4ySoN

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Mine should arrive late next week I hope.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
the xing insert reacts to UV light just like the gen insert does (ie blue portion turns red when exposed to strong UV light). So far as I know, it's the only rep insert that can pass the UV light test.
Which is an awesome nice bonus, but is what is it is: a bonus. Because this is useless unless you know people that are carrying a UV light on them to detect fake rolexes, let alone who own one.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Which is an awesome nice bonus, but is what is it is: a bonus. Because this is useless unless you know people that are carrying a UV light on them to detect fake rolexes, let alone who own one.
Agreed. I would gladly sacrifice passing the UV light test in exchange for getting spot on mk2 or mk3 colors in later versions. I would also take a good platinum sputter coating on the markers any day of the week over passing the UV light test.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Agreed. I would gladly sacrifice passing the UV light test in exchange for getting spot on mk2 or mk3 colors in later versions. I would also take a good platinum sputter coating on the markers any day of the week over passing the UV light test.
The platinum sputter coating can be modded, granted however that it’s another 100$ mod. However the V4 of the insert supposedly has better coating, I will post shots once it’s in my hands and you’ll make your judgement on it

Reactions: leo6929

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Is that yours?
Yes mate

You got it, and that's the plan!
I already have gen crystal, gen datewheel, gen crown, and gen hands! Just waiting for reviews on Clean's BLRO, and also if VSF will step up, before the Franken is put together.
In the meantime, I plan on ordering the Xing BLRO insert. Thanks brother. 💪🙏
3285 has different DW, similar or same to 3235 if I’m not wrong. So not same as previous 3186 ones.
Don’t think VSF will step up as Clean got the movement.
Also the VS3235 that we all know and love is coming from the same factory of the new DD3285, so to me it will be as good as. My original plan was to get a VS3235 to mod it into a custom VS3285 with gen gmt parts, but to get them all is very difficult.
If VSF gets anymore attention it can easily end up raised again. We don’t want that, so better to leave the GMT’s and Daytonas to clean whilst VSF have fun with subs and djs. No raids happening as often.

Gen spec is king brother.
No matter what.

Funny story, my old tattoo artist daily wears a Pepsi.
He told me same story of how he got it many times, beautiful story and he got it from the AD on his bday with not a lot of history. He got multiple offers for it blablabla.
I already could tell it was a clean by the 73 serials and clarity of v1 xtals (he handed it to me wo me asking). When he changed studios and his new studio has a big uv sign in the corridor’s wall, where they keep that kinda of cool dark vibe before the actual individual boot for each artist.
I joked with him that the real bezel turns red in uv and we laughed a bit (not a cold blood call out), I told him I’m into reps to open the door for talks, later he came up with a story that Rlx had batches without the uv check etc etc etc. Now I don’t believe a word out of his mouth as he insists he got it directly from the AD instead of just tell me he’s into reps.

Bottom line is, gen spec, is gen spec.! Never ever too much.
You never want to be called out on something you can avoid. Definitely a rep breakthrough.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
No matter what.

He told me same story of how he got it many times, beautiful story and he got it from the AD on his bday with not a lot of history. He got multiple offers for it blablabla.
I already could tell it was a clean by the 73 serials and clarity of v1 xtals (he handed it to me wo me asking). When he changed studios and his new studio has a big uv sign in the corridor’s wall, where they keep that kinda of cool dark vibe before the actual individual boot for each artist.
I joked with him that the real bezel turns red in uv and we laughed a bit (not a cold blood call out), I told him I’m into reps to open the door for talks, later he came up with a story that Rlx had batches without the uv check etc etc etc. Now I don’t believe a word out of his mouth as he insists he got it directly from the AD instead of just tell me he’s into reps.

You never want to be called out on something you can avoid. Definitely a rep breakthrough.
Agree with you here indeed, however… your tattoo artist seems to be quite the poser :sneaky:

Reactions: EstebanMcQueen

QQ0

Known Member
19/2/23
EU
Yes mate

3285 has different DW, similar or same to 3235 if I’m not wrong. So not same as previous 3186 ones.
Don’t think VSF will step up as Clean got the movement.
Also the VS3235 that we all know and love is coming from the same factory of the new DD3285, so to me it will be as good as. My original plan was to get a VS3235 to mod it into a custom VS3285 with gen gmt parts, but to get them all is very difficult.
If VSF gets anymore attention it can easily end up raised again. We don’t want that, so better to leave the GMT’s and Daytonas to clean whilst VSF have fun with subs and djs. No raids happening as often.

No matter what.

Oh wow hahaha, I understand not saying anything about it but creating an AD story is crazy

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I saw a guy wearing a Pepsi at the airport the other day and I knocked him to the floor, held his arm down with my knee, whipped out my UV light and shined it on his bezel. It was real and I apologized.

Seriously, I don't get the UV test thing. Nothing against it, but I don't get why it's important or relevant. Maybe it proves Xing's ceramic formula is the same as RLX.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Seriously, I don't get the UV test thing. Nothing against it, but I don't get why it's important or relevant. Maybe it proves Xing's ceramic formula is the same as RLX.
It's not so much the uv test, per se, but more on the fact showing the entire insert was painted red, and the blue was later applied to the top half, which gives the blue a "purple-ish" hue, which makes it more gen like.

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
It's not so much the uv test, per se, but more on the fact showing the entire insert was painted red, and the blue was later applied to the top half, which gives the blue a "purple-ish" hue, which makes it more gen like.

Ok that makes sense. Now if they can smooth the bottoms of the engravings and reduce the thickness they'll make even greater progress. They are nice inserts (I have 2 of them). I would like to see the latest version with the platinum "plating" as they describe. I wonder if it's plated or sputter coated. Previous version might be painted but I don't know for sure.