• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Thank you very much!

Did you need to sand down your insert so it doesn’t protrude over the bezel? I’ve read some people say that this was necessary too!
The last one I installed was flush or slightly above the bezel ring. It was not recessed and was very obviously thicker than the cf insert it was replacing.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Thank you very much!

Did you need to sand down your insert so it doesn’t protrude over the bezel? I’ve read some people say that this was necessary too!
Just measured both inserts. CF is ~0.7mm and Xing is ~0.85mm. So Xing is a tiny bit thicker. Mine sits flush to a hair higher than the bezel in a few spots (presumably due to inconsistent double sided tape)....but It's very slight and only visible under magnification. Looks fine without any mods IMO.

Esprit007

Patron
Certified
8/11/15
CONUS
Xing is pretty good in terms of color in my opinion, exact same watch, only light changes.

The numerals on yours look thinner than on mine and on other Xing bezel pics I've seen online. Have you had your insert modded?

C

Cosimino

Really great content brother, thanks for detailed pics and comparison. God bless you for helping the community.
Xing bezel look very very good, almost as gen, on the other hand CF bezel looks very bad in comparison with gen and Xing bezel