• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
So xing released the V4 of the pepsi insert, as per below:

He confirmed to me 5 mins ago that the insert has been a thing for 8 days now, and that the insert I bought from him last week was a V4 (I asked him if it was a V4, which I suspected it wad due to the platinum splashes on the back, see the pics below).

Anyway here are the QC pics of the V4 with improved platinum filling:

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
So xing released the V4 of the pepsi insert, as per below:

He confirmed to me 5 mins ago that the insert has been a thing for 8 days now, and that the insert I bought from him last week was a V4 (I asked him if it was a V4, which I suspected it wad due to the platinum splashes on the back, see the pics below).

Anyway here are the QC pics of the V4 with improved platinum filling:

I just pre ordered one. Found out the “local stock” in California is only about 30 minutes from me so I will try to pick mine up as soon as they arrive.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Hopefully xing will release a version with MK2 or MK3 colors at some point. I own an early xing (MK1 colors) and it's great....but I still prefer the MK2/3 colors.

• Love
Reactions: Akilles and AG91

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
Yeah same, hoping for update to Mk 2 or Mk3 as I find the blue in the Mk 1 too light
Personally Mk1 colors are growing on me

and they will definitely have that collectibility factor with time.

No, love em actually.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I asked him to compare V1 all the way to V4, let’s wait and see
V1-V3 are not available anymore so this is moot unless you own a prior version and want to upgrade. In that case, Patrick himself says it’s not worth updating. That’s honesty there.

Reactions: big_polarbear

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

The Xing inserts I've installed were all too thick and were either flush or slightly above the bezel ring as opposed to being slightly recessed. I hope they address that at some point, but until then I made a simple insert holder for use on my diamond lap for thinning them. It works well using a 240 grit lap.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
V1-V3 are not available anymore so this is moot unless you own a prior version and want to upgrade. In that case, Patrick himself says it’s not worth updating. That’s honesty there.

It’s interesting, for the science my friend ! Otherwise I agree with you regarding the guy. Honest af.

Reactions: aHero