• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

JustFou

Known Member
9/7/18
It’s definitely not plated I washed mine with soap and a very fine brush like I do with all my inserts and some of the numerals went dull straight away. Numbers on the blue half went dull and the red half still shiny and reflective
that's weird I've washed mine plenty of time and the numbers are bright as ever? I might need to be more careful then!!

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14

Compared to CF colours. Xing colours are much nicer on the eye, transitions are not as good as CF. First time seeing CF, really surprised at how weird the CF colours are 🤯 and how bad the bezel action really is. Let the modding commence. In my opinion the old noob insert nicer on the eye than CF

Reactions: leo6929

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Hopefully we can to see xing vs gen some time soon...that will be interesting!

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
The purple and pink hues are soooo nice in the sun IMHO.

zsbLvc.jpg

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
How’s the underside of everyones insert? Mine came with a lot of chunks taken out of the underside inner edge which can be kind of seen even when installed. Anyone else have this issue?

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
How’s the underside of everyones insert? Mine came with a lot of chunks taken out of the underside inner edge which can be kind of seen even when installed. Anyone else have this issue?
I think mine had 1 or 2 small nicks, but nothing major and certainly not noticeable when mounted.

Reactions: mnkoshka

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
convinced me to go hunt the Xing on reddit so I can swap mine... was this an easy swap with the clean stock bezel ? .... sounds like hairdryer a scalpel and a bit of replacement tape. maybe a whisky half way thru then another when its on!

cjt202020

Renowned Member
Supporter
3/2/14
convinced me to go hunt the Xing on reddit so I can swap mine... was this an easy swap with the clean stock bezel ? .... sounds like hairdryer a scalpel and a bit of replacement tape. maybe a whisky half way thru then another when its on!
I’ve tried hairdryer on an old sub and didn’t go well so this time sent to @Solution6 who also expertly polished rehault, serviced movement and replaced xtal with a full ar prof

Reactions: Ah0rsey

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
I’ve tried hairdryer on an old sub and didn’t go well so this time sent to @Solution6 who also expertly polished rehault, serviced movement and replaced xtal with a full ar prof
AHA! sounds like a plan, I'll go hunt Patrick down first !!!! much easier to give to someone who knows what they are doing!!

Reactions: cjt202020