• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pepsi bezel insert battle CF vs Xing_Patrick: A photo comparison

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
Can one of you pls share how to do this xing install? I have a GMF i want to swap this with. I have not done any DIY

jacklarssen

Known Member
Supporter
11/6/21
Please, does the XING insert come with a double-sided sticker to install it?

jacklarssen

Known Member
Supporter
11/6/21
Ok great thank you mr.

Tell me I could be wrong but on gen MK3 the platinum numbers are whiter and bigger than MK1 and MK2, which would make the XING insert good, don't you think?

Mark1937

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Ok great thank you mr.

Tell me I could be wrong but on gen MK3 the platinum numbers are whiter and bigger than MK1 and MK2, which would make the XING insert good, don't you think?
no gen insert is white inside the engravings of the ceramic rings, they are filled with real platinum. However yes in my MK3 gen the incisions are wider than in MK1 and MK2.

jacklarssen

Known Member
Supporter
11/6/21
Ok fine,
I thought the MK3 platinum was whiter from the pics I saw on the forum...

You think it might be platinum on the XING insert numbers, patrick XING says it is platinum?

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Ok fine,
I thought the MK3 platinum was whiter from the pics I saw on the forum...

You think it might be platinum on the XING insert numbers, patrick XING says it is platinum?
You get the illusion it's whiter due to its thicker font. The thicker the font, the more obvious the white.

Xing claims it's platinum paint if i'm not mistaken, which is designed to resemble platinum but it's not actually platinum coated surface

Sep17

Still New
22/8/22
USA
Good to know about the paint bro. Thanks. As for the new insert being dull, I think the photos don't do it justice. IRL, the insert is quite glossy. Having said that, perhaps the CF insert is a hair glossier. See video below (xing insert is sitting on my VSF sub in the middle).

is your pepsi on jubilee CF? I think it looks pretty damn good, even though we're picking apart the bezel. Untrained eye would pass in flying colors.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It’s definitely not plated I washed mine with soap and a very fine brush like I do with all my inserts and some of the numerals went dull straight away. Numbers on the blue half went dull and the red half still shiny and reflective

Reactions: leo6929

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
is your pepsi on jubilee CF? I think it looks pretty damn good, even though we're picking apart the bezel. Untrained eye would pass in flying colors.
Yes, my CF pepsi is on CF Jubilee

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
It’s definitely not plated I washed mine with soap and a very fine brush like I do with all my inserts and some of the numerals went dull straight away. Numbers on the blue half went dull and the red half still shiny and reflective

That's very disheartening on something that we all had high hopes for. Especially considering the Xing inserts are costly at $200 each, plus install.

From the lack of polish and luster, to the numbers being the wrong color, to now the numbers fading away right after a quick cleaning. Imagine the negative feedback once more members have the Xing insert and after a few months of wear. All in all it's a pretty bad turn of events.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmaggi

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I’m not going to talk the insert down at this point as I’m getting a proper plating done anyway. I may have just had bad luck with the coating on my sample. I do like the colours better than cF and I’ll see how it turns out with actual platinum plating and polish done. Pretty sure no standard insert comes with real platinum plating anyway although factories advertise they do i would take those statements with a grain of salt. They do use a plating process but the particle is not platinum.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
To me it looks like a downgrade from CF. Numbers look like they were painted by a child with a Tipp-ex pen.

Reactions: Repwearer1981

bluecold

Getting To Know The Place
10/11/21
Italy
Does someone knows how to get one? I wrote him in reddit and he didnt answer me, can anyone help me?
Thank you very much!