• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
A V3 with Y incabloc... imho good for the price.

V3 with modded Y Incabloc and ugly bridges engravings

I agree the price could be OK

What is not acceptable is selling it like a V4 misleading people

ALE

blacke

Getting To Know The Place
11/12/15
This is V4 QC Pics. I ordered a V3 from TS on 12/31 (after reading Tehsoul2 post and Pam Guide by Ale), and they told me about a V4 in a separate email. I originally wanted a V3 but decided on a V4. See below for the QC Pics and let me know what you guys think. Thanks RWI members! This will be my first rep. I am a neophyte when it comes to rep. and have learn great info from this community.

Here's mine from TS: http://imgur.com/a/b5QDV
ordered it december 10th, and they didn't mention anything about v4 at that time.
I'm not experienced enough to say anything meaningful about this being a v3 or "v4" (this is my first ever rep) but would love to hear any feedback :)

Jiterator

1/1/16
This is V4 QC Pics. I ordered a V3 from TS on 12/31 (after reading Tehsoul2 post and Pam Guide by Ale), and they told me about a V4 in a separate email. I originally wanted a V3 but decided on a V4. See below for the QC Pics and let me know what you guys think. Thanks RWI members! This will be my first rep. I am a neophyte when it comes to rep. and have learn great info from this community.

It would be great if you could take a close up of the logo engraving on the movement, the crown, as well as the part where the lug attaches to the main body. Those, as far as I know, are the biggest inconsistencies so far for this so-called "V4"..

pamdude

Known Member
19/3/15
Micro screw is not screwed in at all from the picture above...You might want to fix that be fore it fells out and damage the gears or balance.

blacke

11/12/15
I will post closeup photos upon receiving the watch. Thanks.

It would be great if you could take a close up of the logo engraving on the movement, the crown, as well as the part where the lug attaches to the main body. Those, as far as I know, are the biggest inconsistencies so far for this so-called "V4"..

blacke

11/12/15
They provided the photos I posted. I can post more photos, a better close up one, upon receiving the watch. But do you see any potential issue I should be concern with? Thanks.
Oh. You mean they didn't provide shots of those angles to you?

Jiterator

1/1/16
They provided the photos I posted. I can post more photos, a better close up one, upon receiving the watch. But do you see any potential issue I should be concern with? Thanks.

That's the thing.. I think it's harder to look for potential issues unless certain angles and close up shots are provided. =)

But definitely get that micro screw fixed though.. It's really not screwed in properly..

Jiterator

1/1/16
{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 N “V3†Noob - Discussion–Compilation of data, Wristshots, ...

Hey guys, I too ordered the Noob V4 Pam111 from TS that's on sale for $200 now, and these are the QC pics I've received. So far, it's looking practically the same as the V3 to me, which I don't think is a bad thing since the V3 is already a super rep. I'm asking for close up photos of the "12" as the minute hand is blocking it, as well as a close up of the lug contours to check if it's the new V4 case. What do you guys think? Anything else I should look out for?

5e0046ef6f70f803da92721bb4239580.jpg

e64aa1eaed4032152ac1804f6328dd97.jpg

c00729aa55c0a641675ae4b012ea1ff1.jpg

95cae7b62a220486f3538bb78f98024a.jpg

468b555b1d671f853d4135e8e459dade.jpg

e52fa266056b028acb0c54d6e0226ce7.jpg

dcb5738a8fd2560c2be93de8c389593a.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
In relation with blacke and Jiterator QC pics I have the comments as follows:

Blacke:
Crown is FAT V3
Case is V3
Crystal, cannot be seen by the pics but seems V3 with wider bevelled
Wrong CG lever, just like V3
OFFICINE PANERAI engraving seems thin and OK
Rep modified Y-Incabloc. Not as nicely modified as in previous reps like PAM 127

Jiterator
Crown is FAT V3
Case is V3 (maybe a bit better than blacke’s one, but never V4)
Crystal is a clear V3 with wider bevelled
OFFICINE PANERAI engraving seems just a bit thicker than correct
Rep modified Y-Incabloc. Not as nicely modified as in previous reps like PAM 127

Therefore nothing new about these so-called “V4” offers:
-Fat V3 Crown
-V3 cases or transition cases
-OP engravings are very variable
-Crystal: sometimes V3 and sometimes V4
-OFFICINE PANERAI engravings very inconsistent, from Ok to really thickerand bad
-Always rep modified Y-incablock, nicely modified but not always with the same quality (few noticeable)

ALE

Jiterator

1/1/16
In relation with blacke and Jiterator QC pics I have the comments as follows:

Blacke:
Crown is FAT V3
Case is V3
Crystal, cannot be seen by the pics but seems V3 with wider bevelled
OFFICINE PANERAI engraving seems thin and OK

Jiterator
Crown is FAT V3
Case is V3 (maybe a bit better than blacke’s one, but never V4)
Crystal is a clear V3 with wider bevelled
OFFICINE PANERAI engraving seems just a bit thicker than correct

Therefore nothing new about these so-called “V4†offers:
-Fat V3 Crown
-V3 cases or transition cases
-OP engravings are very variable
-Crystal: sometimes V3 and sometimes V4
-OFFICINE PANERAI engravings very inconsistent, from Ok to really thickerand bad
-Always rep modified Y-incablock, nicely modified but not always with the same quality (few noticeable)

ALE

Thanks Ale!

What's the difference between the V3 and V4 crystal?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks Ale!

What's the difference between the V3 and V4 crystal?

Gen crystal has narrower bevelled than Noob V3 (Noob V3 crystal bevelled was clearly wider)
New Noob V4 Crystals have narrow bevelled like gen (KW and H maker crystals had already previously narrow bevelled)

Few noticeable under nuked eye

ALE

h5tuu

21/12/15
Thanks for the video. Out of interest, which TD does these videos?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks Bozz
Just to confirm they are clearly V3
Maybe the most misleading release of the last times (to say it in a light way)
Well, at least the price is not high !!

ALE

h5tuu

21/12/15
It still looks great in my opinion, looking forward to mine landing in a week or so!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
It still looks great in my opinion, looking forward to mine landing in a week or so!

We are not saying it doesn't look great, indeed it continues being a Super rep and besides has a nice modded Y Incabloc. Even the price in some dealers is really good

What we don't like is that dealers say they are selling a Noob V4.
And THIS IS NOT AT ALL THE TRUTH

ALE