• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
As you know the long awaited PAM 111 N-series V3 Noob has been just released.
It is and interesting launching for all rep people.

Anyway, nobody really knows what are the real differences and improvements of this version.
But we hope these improvements will be kept in all the future V3 items !!

The purpose of this thread is start a Discussion and data & pics compilation in order to clarify what are the real differences and improvements that we will find in this new V3 version.

I’m not trying to prove if the V3 really has or not some “new†improvements. I’m trying to know WHAT FEATURES OR IMPROVEMENTS WE CAN EXPECT WHEN WE ARE BUYING A PAM111 N Noob V3. And of course WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OR IMPROVEMENTS WE MUST DEMAND FOR THIS WATCH FROM THE DEALERS.

Therefore, please post here all you thoughs, experiences, knowledge, purchases, information, links, review, discussions, pics, wristshots…. about PAM 111 N “V3†Noob.

This time, but just this time, WE WILL ACCEPT QC PICS, even without previous comments or found flaws, in order to have as much info as possible, to know appropriately this new version.

THERE IS A SUMMARY OF IMPROVEMENTS IN POST #335
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=1169401&postcount=335

STARTING THE DISCUSSION
In order to start this thread I will copy my conclusions posted in a Thread from Toro introducing this PAM 111 N “V3†Noob.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/pam-111n-v3-115606

My conclusions in above thread were:

- I DON'T WANT TO ATTACK THIS REPLICA. I JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW DEFINITIVELY WHAT ARE THE REAL IMPROVEMENTS WE CAN EXPECT WHEN WE BUY THIS V3 VERSION. THAT'S ALL !!

- THE PAM 111 N-series Noob V3 IS THE BEST CURRENT REPLICA OF PAM111

- FOR THE PRICE OF THIS REPLICA IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE BETTER RESULTS. CONGRATS NOOB !!!

That said I would add:

- The Swan Neck device of these V3 are EXACTLY the same as previous Noob reps.
This is not a problem, as you can see in my threads about SN, but the real thing is that the Swan Neck device is EXACTLY the same in V3 as previous versions. See about that the Noob Swan Neck of the last year replicas here: “SWAN NECK†(Part III) – Statistical Analysis of faults and reliability in replicas
Anyway, I have never understood why Noob doesn't use a long screw like H maker or the gens.

- There are no modifications in the movement

- The V3 version has PRE-V hands, like a lot of previous Vx replicas

- We assume that V3 has single AR, but it is not specified

- V3 version has N-series deeply engraved caseback, like previous Vx replicas.

- The position of the horizontal "A" bar in Panerai is corrected, like in previous versions.

- The CG has beautiful square inner edges, like other previous versions. There is a very little gap CG-case in some items of this version (almost non noticeable)

- V3 has correct CG roller. I didn't know about this issue in previous versions. So I cannot talk about that.

Therefore the only "NEW" improvement would be the ROLLER of the lever. But unfortunately I don't know what is the real improvement. Please clarify.

And there is another "improvement" of which Toro are talking about:
"Better QC out from factory"
Really I don't beleve it. And nobody will be able to prove it. But concerning this QC subject I prefer don't talk because we cannot request more of a watch for such a price

And now we start the discussion and compliation of data. Please post all possible thoughts and info about PAM 111 N “V3†Noob

ALE

Below the pics from Toro

0tNFL.jpg

QUeiB.jpg

E06HF.jpg

4ruMr.jpg

JQSue.jpg

1yjNz.jpg

FpdoP.jpg

iuAS0.jpg

kRCL7.jpg

klFdV.jpg

KCEcf.jpg

Ri3o8.jpg

fE1dL.jpg

531zh.jpg

Hbubd.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
nice one Ale! So we can post the QC pics from Toro here?

Yes, But only for this time... LOL... and in order to get info about V3.

And try to make some previous study . Please.

Really you can post always the QC pics, this is a free forum, but is polite and more useful to post QC pics when you have made some study over them and you have some issues to comment. Or just to show your watch like a wristshot.
Read about that:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/purpose-qc-pictures-95316

Thanks for your understanding

ALE

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Is the V3 only available from Toro or is this universally available at most if not all TDs?

cceddlekid

26/6/11
Yes, But only for this time... LOL... and in order to get info about V3.

And try to make some previous study . Please.

Really you can post always the QC pics, this is a free forum, but is polite and more useful to post QC pics when you have made some study over them and you have some issues to comment. Or just to show your watch like a wristshot.
Read about that:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/purpose-qc-pictures-95316

Thanks for your understanding

ALE

got it, will do some research about it:)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Is the V3 only available from Toro or is this universally available at most if not all TDs?

AFAIK Toro and Sead (Supermirrors) have the V3, but obviously it will be available from all Noob dealers: Puretime, Timeshops, Marvellous, Asian
7750 ......etc

ALE

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
Good thread
Seems as though only thing claimed to be "new" as you mention is the roller ball pin only
though that was reported on some 2.5 or whatever the last was
Korky on rg posted pics of his noob weeks ago with roller pin
Most state that the visible roller ball is not consistent on gen so lack of visible ball is not really a flaw

It sounds like dealer/factory hype to me to appease those who have been waiting a long time during the noob factory "holiday"

Still a great rep but should not be called a new v unless I see something else new

thran

9/7/12
interesting thing is some of them have the screw longer, or at least touching. Some of the people who posted their qc pics show that there is no gap anymore, also it seems the thickness of the screw seems a bit thicker on the right end. But then again i am very new so not sure if that was always the case

thran

9/7/12
Here are my qc pics, it doesnt clearly show the screw but it shows the letters are aligned height wise well, but the gap is a bit off between some but thats when i really zoom in macro

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
interesting thing is some of them have the screw longer, or at least touching. Some of the people who posted their qc pics show that there is no gap anymore, also it seems the thickness of the screw seems a bit thicker on the right end. But then again i am very new so not sure if that was always the case

Please forget the Swan Neck and the screw:

THAT IS COMPLETELY CLEAR AND PROVED IN ALL PIC I HAVE SEEN OF V3

THE SWAN NECK AND THE SCREW ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS PREVIOUS NOOB VERSIONS (even of more a year ago) !!!!!!!

There will be replicas with SN gap and replicas w/o SN gap, it is a matter of luck, as always in Noob Swan Neck devices
Please read:
“SWAN NECK†(Part III) – Statistical Analysis of faults and reliability in replicas
See the pics of Noob Swan Neck devices from June-August 2011. All are the same as the current SN devices !!

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Here are my qc pics, it doesnt clearly show the screw but it shows the letters are aligned height wise well, but the gap is a bit off between some but thats when i really zoom in macro

Sorry thran but your crystal seems very raised !!

Some issue ?? Bad pressed ??
Consult the dealer and fix it.
ALE

EDIT:
This was already noticed too in REP GEEK
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=185245

See posts # 9.-10-12-13…
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=7396&d=1347587433

BMWSG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/12
My PAM111 N V3 QC pics

70e8c3d2.jpg

Crystal seems very raised
ca5e3b66.jpg

7c71d4d3.jpg

Same old problem on the Short Swan Neck Screw.
3de65fc2.jpg

df351468.jpg

thran

9/7/12
You are right i actually completely missed that arg and it got shipped :picard:

Sorry thran but your crystal seems very raised !!

Some issue ?? Bad pressed ??
Consult the dealer and fix it.
ALE

thran

9/7/12
Please forget the Swan Neck and the screw:

THAT IS COMPLETELY CLEAR AND PROVED IN ALL PIC I HAVE SEEN OF V3

THE SWAN NECK AND THE SCREW ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS PREVIOUS NOOB VERSIONS (even of more a year ago) !!!!!!!

There will be replicas with SN gap and replicas w/o SN gap, it is a matter of luck, as always in Noob Swan Neck devices
Please read:
“SWAN NECK†(Part III) – Statistical Analysis of faults and reliability in replicas
See the pics of Noob Swan Neck devices from June-August 2011. All are the same as the current SN devices !!

ALE

I apologize it just looked a bit different to me but of course i am a newb, i apologize and thank you for the info

Prosperity888

15/3/12
Hi all. I've received my QC pics from Toro and here they are. After viewing and comparing my QC pics with Thran's, i couldnt really tell the difference if the height of the crystal on mine is too highly raised or not. Any advices?

Also, I can't really tell if the CG has a gap between the case though as it was not taken in the angle. But I guess that's not really the issue. Getting kinda nervous after reading that the crystal was too high and I can't see if mine was normal or not! Lol!

Thanks for the tips and advices too! I really appreciate it!

Kindly see belowfor my attached QC pics from Toro.

3917cac7c7314d184c41945e2630f789.jpg

2946c3efbde7fcc4a051038b8e4aefeb.jpg

59eb969f62e5790b896c23e7364fbe51.jpg

ab081a9c677611a43e70e10ad5375c60.jpg

0f6fde2f70abc9474a7646daa4ff0684.jpg

Spboudart

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/9/08
Gen 111/177 are the same watch except for the material use for the case (SS vs Ti) and the fact that the crystal on the 111 is a bit raised while the one on the 177 is flush.
I'm not surprised to see that Crystal on those Noob 111v" raised as it is, seems correct to me.

As for the hands, they're not Pre-V, but pre-V style, meaning that they're use the same construction that the previous one (not Pre-V) but with a look that approach the Pre-V: the lume part that goes into the tip.

Hands.jpg

thran

9/7/12
Gen 111/177 are the same watch except for the material use for the case (SS vs Ti) and the fact that the crystal on the 111 is a bit raised while the one on the 177 is flush.
I'm not surprised to see that Crystal on those Noob 111v" raised as it is, seems correct to me.

As for the hands, they're not Pre-V, but pre-V style, meaning that they're use the same construction that the previous one (not Pre-V) but with a look that approach the Pre-V: the lume part that goes into the tip.

After looking at some pics of the gen pam 111 it seems that it is also raised up a bit going to save some pics and post it up here

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Most of the Qc pics that I'm seeing the crystal is what seems slightly raised, even mine are the same, I'm not that concerned as I have a crystal press. Suppose time will tell, I'll hopefully have mine by Monday will know better then.