• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

blacke

Getting To Know The Place
11/12/15
Saw your thread and ordered mine. Thanks for sharing the info and promo price.

yup, but it seems they have it listed twice:
http://www.tswatch.club/12922-xfpa2...111-n-v3-black-dial-ss-lt-1-1-asian-6497.html
http://www.tswatch.club/16825-pa16825-noobfactory-pam111-n-v3-black-dial-ss-lt-1-1-asian-6497.html

I've been comparing both and was a bit suspicious but... According to the description, seems to be exactly the same, just a promo price for the second one :)
awaiting QC!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi guys, just joined up and spent a good part of the last few days loading myself with information from the boards here..

Just pulled the trigger on the $200 V4 from TS as well. Will post QC pics here once I have them!

http://www.tswatch.club/16825-pa16825-noobfactory-pam111-n-v3-black-dial-ss-lt-1-1-asian-6497.html

This release is already commented in another thread from below post:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/sh...=1#post-2576616

I copy-paste my opinion:

IMO this is a comercial trick to finísh stocks of V3 parts, the crown is “fat” V3, the CG lever is of course the inaccurate noob lever as usually, and the caseset don’t seem a V4 with nice lug contours and detached from the cushion shape as real V4 has.

Regarding the Y-incabloc it is not GEN Incablock, is a nicely modded rep Incablock, the same as currently used in new rep PAM 127 movemnts. Of course lyre spring is also rep. Swan neck spring is the same inaccurate Noob as always. Micrometric screw seems a bit improved with longer head and longer thread (but not enough) and the tip is wrongly pointed (maybe the same screw used in new 2015 reps of PAM 127).
The OFFICINE PANERAI engraving on bridges is like a joke.
I think is not correct to call it PAM 111 V4, because the caseset is not (or at least no completely) a V4.
For me this rep is just a Pam 111 V3 with a nicely modded Y-incablock and horrible OFFICINE PANERAI engraving on bridges.
Calling this version PAM 111 V4 is MISLEADING and for me a commercial trick as above commented

Another problem to create more confusion

Be careful

Anyway, for the price is not a bad deal

ALE

dmrusoff

4/11/15
Curious if this note in the details "original C3 +C1 Superlume Applied" is worth anything. I do love a nice bright lume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jiterator

1/1/16
This release is already commented in another thread from below post:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/sh...=1#post-2576616

I copy-paste my opinion:

IMO this is a comercial trick to finísh stocks of V3 parts, the crown is “fat†V3, the CG lever is of course the inaccurate noob lever as usually, and the caseset don’t seem a V4 with nice lug contours and detached from the cushion shape as real V4 has.

Regarding the Y-incabloc it is not GEN Incablock, is a nicely modded rep Incablock, the same as currently used in new rep PAM 127 movemnts. Of course lyre spring is also rep. Swan neck spring is the same inaccurate Noob as always. Micrometric screw seems a bit improved with longer head and longer thread (but not enough) and the tip is wrongly pointed (maybe the same screw used in new 2015 reps of PAM 127).
The OFFICINE PANERAI engraving on bridges is like a joke.
I think is not correct to call it PAM 111 V4, because the caseset is not (or at least no completely) a V4.
For me this rep is just a Pam 111 V3 with a nicely modded Y-incablock and horrible OFFICINE PANERAI engraving on bridges.
Calling this version PAM 111 V4 is MISLEADING and for me a commercial trick as above commented

Another problem to create more confusion

Be careful

Anyway, for the price is not a bad deal

ALE

Hmm yeah I saw your comments too.. Would it be a better idea to go for the V3 like the one in the link? I'm not hard up for the Y incabloc..

http://www.tswatch.club/12889-xfpa2180-noobfactory-pam111-n-v3-black-dial-ss-lt-1-1-asian-6497.html

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

Jiterator

1/1/16
As above commented if you ask for a V3 you will receive a V3 with some V4 improvements.
You should get some V4 improvements like better lug contours and slim crown.

ALE

Oh ok. In that case I'll probably request to go with the V3 then.. Haven't made any payment yet so I'm guessing it's not too late. Thanks so much for your help ALE!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Oh ok. In that case I'll probably request to go with the V3 then.. Haven't made any payment yet so I'm guessing it's not too late. Thanks so much for your help ALE!

OK this is a better way
Good luck
ALE

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
The latest 111s seem like a step back to me. The one i got from Toro a few months back had better improvements. A 'true' v4 should have clean lug attachments and correct crownguard lever angle. Even the 111 dial has a slightly lighter color on the printing compared to the old v3s. Echoing Ale, it seems like this is a gimmick to get rid of their over-produced parts. The OP engravement on the bridge is just horrible.

Jiterator

1/1/16
Hmm so Miffy from TS just responded to my email and said they no longer stock the V3 (although it's still listed on their website), and that all current makes are now V4, referring to this link. What do you guys think? To pull the trigger or no? I'm also asking her what's the difference between this and the other Noob V4 on their website that's on promo price for $200.

http://www.tswatch.club/product.php?id_product=12889

tehsoul2

Do not accept unsolicited offers
9/12/15
Here's mine from TS: http://imgur.com/a/b5QDV
ordered it december 10th, and they didn't mention anything about v4 at that time.
I'm not experienced enough to say anything meaningful about this being a v3 or "v4" (this is my first ever rep) but would love to hear any feedback :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Here's mine from TS: http://imgur.com/a/b5QDV
ordered it december 10th, and they didn't mention anything about v4 at that time.
I'm not experienced enough to say anything meaningful about this being a v3 or "v4" (this is my first ever rep) but would love to hear any feedback :)

This is a clear V3 Noob
ALE

Elysium

21/7/14
Without wanting to start a new thread on this, since I'm currently in the market for a PAM 111 can anyone confirm if the KW version is still available? I've seen the Noob factory V3 version referenced everywhere here (including this thread) however there doesn't seem to be much talk of the KW version. Was this one discontinued?

(as per this comparison thread https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...SETS-Noob-vs-KW-vs-H-maker-ALE-Klockis-Review)

dmrusoff

4/11/15

Jiterator

1/1/16
{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 N “V3†Noob - Discussion–Compilation of data, Wristshots, ...

So in my communication with TS, I asked them if they could ensure that I would get a true V4 case with correct lugs, slim crown, as well as correct CG lever. They just responded to me with a series of QC pics of the current stock, and somehow I can't see anything V4 about it.. It still looks like it has the "fat" crown, wrong lugs, and the CG lever still looks like the old V3 noob. So what is so "V4" about this?

I'm still new to all this, so I can't really tell if the movement engraving is the new one which is supposedly not as good as the old V3. Anyone here able to comment?

*edit* I may be wrong about the case having the wrong lugs. It looks like the gap between the top of the case and the lug may be a bit wider than the V3, but can't say for sure.

e233915cff4200f44f2002a7b1edfa3a.jpg

d5b6efd61cf9976231907b091e01faf1.jpg

206e272d794e3e8b3a3df06a4889c235.jpg

e06193d077adf20227d3991d4aea1d92.jpg

7f4f105dbec328e9a15e540475867637.jpg

bdd0a3a19b381af919a3c773c9987bda.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
So in my communication with TS, I asked them if they could ensure that I would get a true V4 case with correct lugs, slim crown, as well as correct CG lever. They just responded to me with a series of QC pics of the current stock, and somehow I can't see anything V4 about it.. It still looks like it has the "fat" crown, wrong lugs, and the CG lever still looks like the old V3 noob. So what is so "V4" about this?

I'm still new to all this, so I can't really tell if the movement engraving is the new one which is supposedly not as good as the old V3. Anyone here able to comment?

*edit* I may be wrong about the case having the wrong lugs. It looks like the gap between the top of the case and the lug may be a bit wider than the V3, but can't say for sure.

The Crown obviously is wrong “FAT”
Crystal is V4
CG lever of course is old V3 (but this is usual)

Lug contours and position is variable depending on the lugs: someone are Ok other not as good. Maybe a transition case from V3 to V4 but not the nice lugs contours as V4 should to have.

Regarding the engraving, it looks better than in Puretime catalogue, but it still is bad a bit misaligned and much thicker than V3, which was nicer and more accurate with the gen. See below comparison NoobV3 with Noob NEW engravings

PAM%20111%20V3-V4%20ENGRAVINGS%20copiar_zpsxlu8u9br.jpg

The bridge seems also different because the position of the lower blue screw is completely different.

Other bridges engravings in the contour of the movement (SWISS – 172101 – seventeen 17 jewels) are as well much thicker (see Puretime catalogue)

Above commented means that, most likely, makers are using old movement parts to built this so-called Noob “V4”. That also justify the low price of the offer.

To keep away
ALE

h5tuu

21/12/15
My V4 QC pics came through from Sead, pictures below. I'm regretting my purchase slightly (originally ordered a V3), anyway I will post them for reference.

3092ck9.jpg

o6w6qs.jpg

qphx7k.jpg

2rnzuo7.jpg

207tjs3.jpg

nvs4te.jpg

vio37l.jpg

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Regarding the engraving, it looks better than in Puretime catalogue, but it still is bad a bit misaligned and much thicker than V3, which was nicer and more accurate with the gen. See below comparison NoobV3 with Noob NEW engravings

PAM%2520111%2520V3-V4%2520ENGRAVINGS%2520copiar_zpsxlu8u9br.jpg

The bridge seems also different because the position of the lower blue screw is completely different.

Imho this "NEW" bridge is the old engraved version, mounted on J-series and M-series. Fatter and bigger than the V3...

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
My V4 QC pics came through from Sead, pictures below. I'm regretting my purchase slightly (originally ordered a V3), anyway I will post them for reference.

A V3 with Y incabloc... imho good for the price.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Imho this "NEW" bridge is the old engraved version, mounted on J-series and M-series. Fatter and bigger than the V3...

Yes. That confirm our previous suspicions

ALE