• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

h5tuu

Getting To Know The Place
21/12/15
My V4 arrived from Sead last week, finally decided to take the DSLR out and grab a couple of quick pictures. It's on a BOB vertigo strap.

I'm very happy with the watch. It does need a clean, also the micrometric screw needs tightening. Apart from that I'm impressed!

333fgp5.jpg

33behdl.jpg
2yoe1wz.jpg
et7gww.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
My V4 arrived from Sead last week, finally decided to take the DSLR out and grab a couple of quick pictures. It's on a BOB vertigo strap.

I'm very happy with the watch. It does need a clean, also the micrometric screw needs tightening. Apart from that I'm impressed!

I assume you know it is a false "new" "V4" (with Fat crown and V3 case)

If you have paid reduced price, it is OK

ALE

h5tuu

21/12/15
I am aware of the V4 problems Ale, I was slightly annoyed when I first found out I wasn't going to get the slim CG, new case etc but now I've seen the result I'm more than happy.

For the price its a bargain.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I am aware of the V4 problems Ale, I was slightly annoyed when I first found out I wasn't going to get the slim CG, new case etc but now I've seen the result I'm more than happy.

For the price its a bargain.

Of course, It is a super rep and a true bargain

I would like people just know what they are buying

ALE

chopchopkalipop

15/12/15
Yes, 30 Mars at 12,37 hrs
Come on !
What a question!

ALE

haha, asides from that, I just read through more than 70 pages on this thread.

Was gonna pull the trigger on a Pam 111 v3, but I guess i'll wait a bit more for the v4 to be officially released.

Thanks ALE and everyone else who takes the effort to reply. The information you guys provide is really gold. :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Well, it is for sure a V3 (mid case and bezel)
Crystal seems V3, CG lever is wrong V3
CG pin seems very rounded
Caseback is marked Q-series (typical KW)
Of course Incabloc is a modified Y-shaped and Crown is correct "Slim"

Just another "version" to add more confusion !!

ALE

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
However, based on my analisys on some watches, I think the V3 is good for building an M-series and a L-series, while the V4 is great for subsequent series, from N-series.

pushthelimit

25/1/16
Hello,

I noticed on the Toro website there is an option for V3 and V4 Pam111s.
Specifically, the V4 is called "Pam 111N V4 Asian with Y incabloc fron N factory"

Is this version better than the one called "Pam111 N latest V3"?

Thanks in advance.

h5tuu

21/12/15
Read the last couple of pages for information, a lot of confusion regarding the current status of the Noob 111. The V4 is still a very good super rep, you shouldn't be disappointed.

pushthelimit

25/1/16
Read the last couple of pages for information, a lot of confusion regarding the current status of the Noob 111. The V4 is still a very good super rep, you shouldn't be disappointed.

I just went back and read the last 10 pages. It seems it is inconclusive on which is better to buy, the V3 (which would come with some V4 improvements) or the V4 (which is not a true V4)

I care most about the V4 case and "slim" crown.

I'm looking to get the most accurate rep possible and don't want to buy the reduced price V4.
What's the best way to do this?

How is the "v4" pictured here?
http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_52&product_id=1959

h5tuu

21/12/15
I've yet to see marketed V4 with the proper noob V4 case, CG lever and slim crown etc. The one on Toro is the usual marketed V4, essentially a V3 with Y bloc.

You could order one and check the QC pictures carefully but you will more than likely get one as pictured above. I bought mine during the crossover, mine is the same as the one in the Toro link.