• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

buffalo56

Getting To Know The Place
20/8/13
I often find myself having to screw down the CG after about 2 weeks of daily wear...

Is that normal and how can I prevent it? The CG gets a little wobbly sometimes...or should I be taking some precautions?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I often find myself having to screw down the CG after about 2 weeks of daily wear...

Is that normal and how can I prevent it? The CG gets a little wobbly sometimes...or should I be taking some precautions?

Of course
You should apply some Loctite 222 or 243 in the thread of CG screws
And forget them
Otherwise, you will lose them

ALE

buffalo56

Getting To Know The Place
20/8/13
Of course
You should apply some Loctite 222 or 243 in the thread of CG screws
And forget them
Otherwise, you will lose them

ALE

thanks! so i'll just remove the screws and apply on them and screw them back?

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Finally got my 2 PAM 111, looks ok to me but some expert help never gonna hurt :)

IMG_1438_zps1b3ed6af.jpg

IMG_1446_zps31a69c34.jpg

IMG_1448_zps172db85d.jpg

IMG_1456_zpsaf101f80.jpg

Cheers ALE! :cheers:

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Thanks guys! :D
But it's moon festival now so guess not gonna get it till next week!

Sent using Tapatalk

offroadfreak

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/12
Hey guys! So i received QC pics today but there is something worrying!

The screw seems to be damaged:

IMG_1892_zps5f03f0b9.jpg

What do you guys think? Reject it? Here are some more pics:

IMG_1888_zpsf7fd305d.jpg

IMG_1900_zpsbd71e902.jpg

IMG_1890_zps9ad85ef5.jpg

All help is greatly appriciated!

Thanks!

EDIT:

Also the regulator looks dirty? (And @ ALE you are the man! :beer:

curtistealer

Do not accept unsolicited offers
9/9/13
Here's my QC pics,
I think numberings are okay but don't know about the rest.
Think I can see little ding on the side.

Any suggestion?

OGqYmlk.jpg

DxDoRii.jpg

OBHNO3x.jpg

ZymUkos.jpg

kEEPISc.jpg

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
I think you two got dents on the brain... Gen retail is what 8,000$ for a $7700 discount your picking apart the smallest flaws you THINK you can see in a macro pic. And your not even sure you can see these flaws. I know this cause your having to ask others if there actually is a flaw.
if you don't want it reject it.

Sent from my iPad cause I'm to lazy to sit at a computer.

offroadfreak

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/12
Well even if you compare it to a gen it still costs over 200€. The least i expect from reps is to have nice screws in them??

I was just asking if this is a reason to reject it. As the damage seems obvious.

Therefore your comment was useless, at least in my QC pic question..

marcogumbo

14/8/13
Well even if you compare it to a gen it still costs over 200€. The least i expect from reps is to have nice screws in them??

I was just asking if this is a reason to reject it. As the damage seems obvious.

Therefore your comment was useless, at least in my QC pic question..

Im still new to this, although I have a few reps now, so I'll throw in my $.02 if you want.
Personally, I wouldnt reject for anything that I would do to a watch within the first few months of wearing it...like scratches or anything like a small amount of normal wear and tear. As far as the screw goes...it may just be a crazy reflection from a polished round head screw. If it is damaged, it would be very hard to see anyway as I'm looking into that little hole in my 111, and I really couldn't see if it was damaged or not.
Another thing to consider...you will be removing these screws anyway, to apply some blue Loctite. I wouls swap this screw with the other one which is certainly not visible except when winding and setting.

In short...I would be more concerned with defects of workmanship on the face or hands under the crystal, and I would take either of these excellent looking reps...

offroadfreak

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/12
Thank you. I agree with that. I can switch the screw with the other one under the lever. Nevertheless i mailed for a more detailed picture of the screw and regulator.

I know you guys get sick from spoonfeeding noobs. And i know that you cant reject the watch for an incorrect swanneck or regulator screw (I red a awefull lot in this thread).

But i was just wondering if this could be something where the watch could be rejected on.

Thanks! :beer:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
STOP!!!

Please guys be calm !!

No need to do offenses or to get offended !!

We are willing to help all noobs as you can see in every page of this forum
No doubts about that

And regarding little flaws, as you are showing, the correct way is the one you have taken, ask the dealer for best pics and discuss this matter with the dealer.

Anyway the above advice about a swap of screws is very good

BE GOOD, please. You could get an unnecessary infraction

This is one of the reasons to not allow QC pics in the threads. I have allowed QC pics here to get info and be useful not to get little wars

ALE

offroadfreak

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/12
Sure thing ale! Did not want to cause trouble..

About my issue. The other screw was also damaged. Even the lug screw was damaged. So within a day intime came up with a new watch within a day. It was perfect i accepted it immediatly.

Thanks for all the info RWI! :beer:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Sure thing ale! Did not want to cause trouble..

About my issue. The other screw was also damaged. Even the lug screw was damaged. So within a day intime came up with a new watch within a day. It was perfect i accepted it immediatly.

Thanks for all the info RWI! :beer:

As I said above, matters to be discussed between dealer and buyer
CONGRATS!!!
You will enjoy your watch. I assure it to you
ALE