• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

pkw2704

22/7/13
my 111 just landed and love it ,just need an asso for it (my pics not the best)

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
wow.. kudos to ALE for answering all the PAM 111 questions.

Here's mine:
I remember i read somewhere regarding the "2" on the 111 dial which is the incorrect font, does it still happen recently? Trying to get myself one of these V3.

Cheers

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
wow.. kudos to ALE for answering all the PAM 111 questions.

Here's mine:
I remember i read somewhere regarding the "2" on the 111 dial which is the incorrect font, does it still happen recently? Trying to get myself one of these V3.

Cheers

This is the thread:
WARNING !!!!!!!!! - Dial ISSUE at "2" in PAM 111 V3 Noob- *****
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/pcteam-warning-dial-125655?t=125655

I have no seen watches with flaw many time ago (just one case if I well remember)
I think all defective dials were removed and used maybe for low grade replicas.
Buy it with confidence
Anyway, when received publish your QC pics and ask here about that
No worries
You coul read too:
*** HOW to detect the WRONG dial in a PAM 111 V3 Noob ? ***
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/pcteam-how-detect-126005?p=1235583

You are in the best place for PAMs :D:
ALE

buffalo56

Getting To Know The Place
20/8/13
need some advice from the pros around here! I just got my pam111 but whenever i wind the watch the crown sorta 'springs back' a little, and i realized that the little disk that holds the large gear in place doesn't really have the teeth fitted between the teeth of the large gear. is that normal?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
need some advice from the pros around here! I just got my pam111 but whenever i wind the watch the crown sorta 'springs back' a little, and i realized that the little disk that holds the large gear in place doesn't really have the teeth fitted between the teeth of the large gear. is that normal?

This the way that this device works, no worries about
ALE

AllergyDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
3/5/07
I think ALE needs to be banned. He's costing me too much!

:lol:

buffalo56

20/8/13
thanks ALE you're the best! Was worried that the teeth doesnt fit right into each other and panicking haha.

watchyourstep

Do not accept unsolicited offers
1/9/13
Hey Guys,
This has been a really great thread. Super informative indeed.
Here are QC pics of the PAM 111 N V3 Noob that I just ordered.
It seems the movement pic was taken at an angle? Is it my problem?
Any thoughts from the experts?

THANKS!!!!!

buffalo56

20/8/13
anyone wore the 111v3 in the cold (like -25degC/-13degF) and have any issues? Also, is it water resistant? I feel kinda stupid taking it off when I need a good handwash, or pushing it high up my wrist... just paranoid for now haha

Herodote

27/7/13
anyone wore the 111v3 in the cold (like -25degC/-13degF) and have any issues? Also, is it water resistant? I feel kinda stupid taking it off when I need a good handwash, or pushing it high up my wrist... just paranoid for now haha

I swim with my PAM111 on the sea. No problem.

buffalo56

20/8/13
I swim with my PAM111 on the sea. No problem.

woah the v3? I don't think I'll dare to :hehehe:

how about the cold? anyone? I'm usually in Singapore but heading to Finland for a few months of work during winter...

Herodote

27/7/13
woah the v3? I don't think I'll dare to :hehehe:

how about the cold? anyone? I'm usually in Singapore but heading to Finland for a few months of work during winter...

Yes V3 model. I swam every day during 3 weeks. I must be lucky!:thumbsup:

I have not tested yet the cold.

marcogumbo

14/8/13
Nice to hear above mentioned
Congrats
ALE
I am stunned by the quality of this watch. I expected at least some imperfections in the build of the watch and have found none...and it is running perfectly. Once you get past the tedious WU payment process, the transaction was excellent through Angus and his staff at PureTime. Paired with an oil-tanned Whiskey strap from Joe at SNPR Straps, I think it is an awesome combo.
Thanks for the help, Ale.....what's next? :)

IMG_1191_zps417364ed.jpg

IMG_1189_zps8498ab99.jpg

IMG_1185_zps0188cb66.jpg

marcogumbo

14/8/13
Would you like some suggestions?

If you like finish, try a KW PAM, you will get impressed !!

ALE

KW is a Maker, right?

Actually, Ale....as far as the Pams go, the Luminor is a very large chunky watch. Bigger than I normally wear (and I have 8" wrists).
My next purchases were going to be the 288 and the 372, or maybe a Fiddy, kind of covering all the bases style-wise, and with all Super reps. I'm sure I couldn't go wrong with those.
However, I think I might want to look into the Radiomir vintage style watches. Maybe even from River or one of those guys, although I hate to stray away from the super-reps and you're great advice and hard work.
Any suggestions there? (other than changing threads) :)