• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
You cannot overwind the watch you can just broke the mainspring.
You will realize a clear resistance before that when you are winding the watch.
Therefore wind until you realize some clear resistance. No worries about

ALE

replicawatch21

21/6/12
Hi guys, I just want to ask whether it is acceptable to reject this with low "I" and incabloc positioned like that? also the lume seems weak for me. Is the crystal not too raised? Those were my main observations.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi guys, I just want to ask whether it is acceptable to reject this with low "I" and incabloc positioned like that? also the lume seems weak for me. Is the crystal not too raised? Those were my main observations.

Position of Incabloc is not a problem. Incabloc can be placed in any position without affecting the working of the movement. Therefore you should not reject the watch for that.
The crystal is the same for all Noobs, just a bit raised
The lume seems following standards of Noob.
No worries about

ALE

replicawatch21

21/6/12
Position of Incabloc is not a problem. Incabloc can be placed in any position without affecting the working of the movement. Therefore you should not reject the watch for that.
The crystal is the same for all Noobs, just a bit raised
The lume seems following standards of Noob.
No worries about

ALE

Thanks for the reply ALE! This is going to be my first PAM. :)

replicawatch21

21/6/12
Congrats
You will not get disappointed
All will be better in person

ALE

Thank you!

You know what, last year when I first came in this forum, I have never heard of PAMS before so I was like "What was the fuss about this grampa watch??" lol I did not appreciate the beauty of it until just recently. Am I getting old or what? :D: joke

Seriously, thanks for all the effort and support from you guys!

passageoftime

Getting To Know The Place
24/7/13
Got my QC pics

Just got my QC pics from puretime and I approved them right away. The numeral, "LSWISS MADEL", CG and lever looks good. The 'Officine Panerai' engraving at the back seems to be too close to the edge compared to others that I've seen.
Now I just need the patience to get it delivered.

I'm a noob about reps, but this forum has wealth of info to get anyone started!

passageoftime

24/7/13
Btw, what is the accepted for the accuracy here? I was shown that my copy runs +14 spd. Would you guys accept this?

carlton

Respected Member
2/10/11
Within acceptable range, anyway don't believe too much on the timegrapher, not really accurate imo......

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The 'Officine Panerai' engraving at the back seems to be too close to the edge compared to others that I've seen.

Yes this is the only visible flaw, but, no worries, there are a lot of Noob watches with the inscription in the same position.
Enjoy it !
ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Btw, what is the accepted for the accuracy here? I was shown that my copy runs +14 spd. Would you guys accept this?

I would like that all my reps were in the same range.
It is perfect my friend.
What do you like? a COSC?

ALE

passageoftime

24/7/13
I would like that all my reps were in the same range.
It is perfect my friend.
What do you like? a COSC?

ALE

Haha. Yes I'm kinda hoping for within COSC limit. I have a fairly cheap Seiko automatic that is +2 spd. Really reliable. I thought these asian movements are fairly accurate as well.
Now I'm thinking to find a good watch smith around my town. And, I think I saw a listing of watch smith in RWI. But I can't find it again. Any suggestion?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Haha. Yes I'm kinda hoping for within COSC limit. I have a fairly cheap Seiko automatic that is +2 spd. Really reliable. I thought these asian movements are fairly accurate as well.
Now I'm thinking to find a good watch smith around my town. And, I think I saw a listing of watch smith in RWI. But I can't find it again. Any suggestion?

14 spd is very accurate IMO, and you can also adjust the regulator of the Asian to get more precision.

Concerning Watchsmiths read:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/watchmakers-and-horologists-204

ALE

Pao21

Known Member
8/10/12
Hello to everyone!

Been planning to purchase my first PAM, and I'm interested in this 111.

To the current PAM111 owners, may I ask how do you change a strap on a 111? Is it a screw type or a pin type where you need specialized tools (like this one: www.puretime.co/product/panerai-tools/ ) to change a strap?

The search function isn't really giving me direct answers and those YouTube tutorials show both methods of changing a strap but none specific for a 111.

Thanks to all!

carlton

Respected Member
2/10/11
Hello to everyone!

Been planning to purchase my first PAM, and I'm interested in this 111.

To the current PAM111 owners, may I ask how do you change a strap on a 111? Is it a screw type or a pin type where you need specialized tools (like this one: www.puretime.co/product/panerai-tools/ ) to change a strap?

The search function isn't really giving me direct answers and those YouTube tutorials show both methods of changing a strap but none specific for a 111.

Thanks to all!

111 is a screw type, 1.6mm screwdriver is needed for strap changing.

carlton

Respected Member
2/10/11
Thank you sir! That just saved me $25. :)

Is the buckle screwed-in too? I can't really tell from pics...

Yes, buckle is also screw in and buckle from rep maker are usually 22mm buckle.

marcogumbo

14/8/13
Hello, all....not sure if this is the right place, but can y'all look at this and see if the spot at the 9:00 position of the sub-seconds dial looks like a defect, or a piece of dust or flashing or what. It appears in another photo so I think is inside the case on dial (or subdial)
It's a QC pic from PureTime. Awesome watch, +005 sec/day. Don't want to reject, but don't want to stare at it all day either :)
Waiting for reply from QC, Jennifer.

carlton

Respected Member
2/10/11
I think it is just a dust or fibre on the crystal, let them know about it and request 1 more close up photos to confirm everything is good to go.