• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

marcogumbo

14/8/13
here's another view, if you look close you can still see it, which makes me think it is on the dial and not the crystal. It's a small thing, but like my wife said...if I let it go, I'll be taking it apart as soon as I get it...and she doesn't recommend that. I sure don't know why! :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi marco
No doubts with this pic, it is a defect or particle placed just in the upper dial of the sandwich. It seems to be placed in the hole of marker @9.

PAM111dialstainmarco-1copiar_zps76a8d260.jpg

PAM111dialstainmarco2_zps9f84a98a.jpg

ALE

marcogumbo

14/8/13
Thanks Ale and Carlton for your input. I didn't request another photo, but did reply to Jennifer at QC about it, so we'll see how they suggest to handle it. It will be interesting to see if it can be easily fixed or if they offer me another or what. It kinda looks like metal excess flashing from the dial cutout....or maybe a piece of debris or paint on the subdial. (sorry if I'm not using the correct words). I'll let you know what I hear from Jennifer.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
It kinda looks like metal excess flashing from the dial cutout....or maybe a piece of debris or paint on the subdial. (sorry if I'm not using the correct words). I'll let you know what I hear from Jennifer.

That is perfectly described !
These are most likely the reasons
Good luck
ALE

marcogumbo

14/8/13
I think it's awesome just to be able to have this kind of input in an inexpensive watch purchase like this.
Makes me feel important...like "Jeeves...I think I see a spot! Quick now, and go fetch me the watch-maker!"
:)

marcogumbo

14/8/13
I think it's awesome just to be able to have this kind of input in an inexpensive watch purchase like this.
Makes me feel important...like "Jeeves...I think I see a spot! Quick now, and go fetch me the watch-maker!"
:)

that might not have come out right. I meant the input about the QC from the dealers.
Input from yourselves as forum members is highly respected and appreciated by me. I surely don't take it for granted.

marcogumbo

14/8/13
Thanks Ale and Carlton for your input. I didn't request another photo, but did reply to Jennifer at QC about it, so we'll see how they suggest to handle it. It will be interesting to see if it can be easily fixed or if they offer me another or what. It kinda looks like metal excess flashing from the dial cutout....or maybe a piece of debris or paint on the subdial. (sorry if I'm not using the correct words). I'll let you know what I hear from Jennifer.

hmmm...no response yet from my reply 24 hours ago to the QC pics. C'mon, PT...as long as we're communicating I'm still a happy customer!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
hmmm...no response yet from my reply 24 hours ago to the QC pics. C'mon, PT...as long as we're communicating I'm still a happy customer!

Maybe they are just trying to fix the issue
Wait a little
ALE

marcogumbo

14/8/13
Maybe they are just trying to fix the issue
Wait a little
ALE

You are right, Ale...and I owe an apology to Angus and his crew at PureTime.
I am having email server issues, and did not see their response until this afternoon. They have replaced the watch and already forwarded QC pics of the new one, which looks great.
I have accepted it and have a beautiful new strap from Joe at SNPR Straps on the way also, so when they both arrive I will post new photos of the combo...should be awesome.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
You are right, Ale...and I owe an apology to Angus and his crew at PureTime.
I am having email server issues, and did not see their response until this afternoon. They have replaced the watch and already forwarded QC pics of the new one, which looks great.
I have accepted it and have a beautiful new strap from Joe at SNPR Straps on the way also, so when they both arrive I will post new photos of the combo...should be awesome.

Nice to hear above mentioned
Congrats
ALE

Heylel

Do not accept unsolicited offers
29/1/13
I recently had to reject 111 noob v3 pictured in attachment for I think same issue.

Black flocking on some of hour marks (4 h for example) and on 30 sec sub4dial mark.

markol

Getting To Know The Place
29/8/13

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I just purchased my first rep!! and it was this Pam 111n V3! I'm so excited. I bought it through Toro and so far a really positive experience. He's been helpful and really quick with e-mail replies!

I already accepted and approved the QC pics, everything looks okay to me, but can anyone take a quick look and see if they see anything worth noting? Thanks in advance!!

Everything seems OK
Congrats
ALE

michaelb87

Getting To Know The Place
13/5/10
Hi guys, don't want to be nitpicking but could you please judge these QC pics for me? There are a few things I have my doubts about. Would like to know if these flaws are acceptable.

Black spot on strap (top side, around '11')
289c044.jpg

23uvnfd.jpg

office Panerai engraving seems to much off. Paner ai with the I very low.
2ivmcjq.jpg

Rest of QC pics
v5vgxx.jpg

2m301lv.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Your watch is OK, OFFICINE PANERAI engraving is very variable and many times is like that, never is perfect
The strap is an ASSO strap it will be full of marks and little stains in few time
If you don't like it you should have to buy another kind of strap
The pic is a test of waterproofing made by Puretime

ALE