• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi,

I've been reading this forum for a while now, and it gave me whole lot of new information.
So here I am, about to buy the 111N V3. However, I'm a bit concerned regarding the need to open a screw and apply some Loctite on it. Could anyone help enlight me on this? What will happen if I don't put Loctite on it?
Secondly, the 111N V3 has been around for a while, yes? Am just asking, but is it still worth it to buy the V3? As there might be newer version from Noob in the near future (in few months possibly)?

Thanks,
Elbert

All external screws of a rep would need to be tightened in order to not lose them
You would need firstly a set of watchsmith screwdrivers.
If you remove the screw and apply a bit of Loctite 222 or 243 in the thread you will assure the screw will not get loosen. That is all
Otherwise you would need to check the screw every month

Regarding versions, makers are more and more discreet about their projects, due to competition problems. We have seen FOUR versions of PAM 372 in several months. Every month we get many new versions of PAM reps.
Of course we can have a new version of PAM 111 in few months and another one month after !! and another better from another maker in a week ! and maybe the rep can be discontinued ...
Believe me, in this way you would never buy a replica.

ALE

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Good to know exactly what type of Loctite [222 or 243] to use in keeping those PAM screws nice and snug ALE. Also on the subject of the proper screw drivers to use, well just because some folks "think" to have a "complete" set of nice jewelers screw drivers on hand, that does not mean you will have a "proper" PAM screwdriver. A PAM is well, a completely different animal when it comes to well fitting screwdrivers. You may have to individually have to choose that exact perfect fitting screwdriver just to work on a PAM. If you can't manage to find one, I suggest getting a slightly bigger one and grind it down a bit with a small file or sandpaper on a flat hard surface to get it "just right". Mark it [for PAM use only] and set it aside for that purpose only. The worst I have seen are marred and beat-up screws on a perfectly otherwise beautiful looking PAM and it makes your heart drop! [or even an AP, for that matter] Once a screw is messed up, there goes your grail. And you will not have a good nights sleep. Get a good set, and don't skimp on those tools. They are worth every penny. It'll make you sleep with a smile....... With your PAM on, of course!

Mikmihai

Getting To Know The Place
18/1/13
Hi just happened to me almost lost one screw from CG of my pam 312 o kw i own it since september and in december around Christmas happened.
I fixed it like this:
i made myself a screw driver from a wood
tooth stick shaped in 'V 'cut with a sharp hobby knife then i put blue locktite 243 and tight it till the tooth stick broke i made 3-4 screwdrivers like this
there are few types of locktite blue is what you can unscrew easy,green is tougher you may need to heat it,red never be able to unscrew

PLEASE SOMEBODY can give me a link (even PM ) where to buy and what kind of screwdriver I need for my PAM
0.5 mm tip is ok?
THX

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi just happened to me almost lost one screw from CG of my pam 312 o kw i own it since september and in december around Christmas happened.
I fixed it like this:
i made myself a screw driver from a wood
tooth stick shaped in 'V 'cut with a sharp hobby knife then i put blue locktite 243 and tight it till the tooth stick broke i made 3-4 screwdrivers like this
there are few types of locktite blue is what you can unscrew easy,green is tougher you may need to heat it,red never be able to unscrew

PLEASE SOMEBODY can give me a link (even PM ) where to buy and what kind of screwdriver I need for my PAM
0.5 mm tip is ok?
THX

I would buy a complete set of good screwdriver for watches
Your size is wrong:
LUG SCREWS: 1,6mm
CG SCREWS: 2,5mm

ALE

valk017

Do not accept unsolicited offers
22/1/14
@ ALE

Thanks for the insight, this way, am more convinced to finally cop the Noob 111 V3.

By the way, I once saw a thread in which a guy wrote that the hands color of Noob 111 V3 is somehow a bit more white than the dial (green color). I just bumped into this pic a while ago, and perhaps you guys could give it a thought? To me, it does seem that the hands have different color compared to the dial.
Sorry I can't post the image, got problem with my photobucket. I'll just post a link to the pic instead.
http://cdn.kaskus.com/images/2013/07/13/2097113_20130713081654.jpg

What's the correct hands on a 111? Is it pre-v? Could anyone tell, the 111 on the pic above, are the hands pre-v?

Thanks,
Elbert

valk017

Do not accept unsolicited offers
22/1/14
Seems that I can post the pic by now. So here it is
2097113_20130713081654_zps0cea1977.jpg

Elbert

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
This is the qc pic from the latest batch (hijacked from RG forum). Did they finally fixed this hands/indexes lume colour difference? Anyone can confirm?

syre8yqe.jpg

MeeTube

Getting To Know The Place
5/1/14
My 2nd purchase for 111, but this is for gift.

From the QC photo I observe the CG pin abit raised. but can fix by myself no problem. What about others? Kindly comment

2w5p1g8.jpg

nfqo2u.jpg

pirho123

Known Member
6/11/12
Hi guys,
I've heard about V3.5... Is it a reality? Is it worth to wait for it?

jeorge345

Known Member
8/10/13
Hi guys,

The V3 is already a fantastic super-rep and is around 95% close to Gen out of the box.

It's likely with further iterations of the Noob 111 that you would be paying a higher price for micrometric differences surrounding the balance end jewels/incabloc and swan-neck regulator, and perhaps also the polishing of the movement around the chatons and bevels.

If I were you, I'd just get the V3; Wear it, love it, chuck it in your fishtank, and if the tells bother you too much - send it off to one of our modders for the Y-incabloc mod and possibly a relume. You won't be disappointed with the V3! In fact, the only issue I've had with it so far is that it made my older H-series rep seem cheap in comparison. :p

- Jeorge

vvind

Known Member
24/6/13
Hi guys

Im new here and this is my first replica and its a pam111v3 noob
If someone with more experience can help check my QC pictures for me and let me know what you think
Please and thanks!

IMG_8053.jpg

IMG_8063.jpg

IMG_8057.jpg

IMG_8055.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
All seems OK
Just a bit of gap between the tip of Swan Neck micrometric screw and the regulator lever. But this is very frequent in Noob 6497, last batches come like that very frequently and that doesn't affect the working of your watch.
OK IMO

ALE

vvind

Known Member
24/6/13
Thanks ALE

If it works perfect and everything looks good then should be really happy with it. Ive already approved it. Just waiting on the lume shot and timegraph. Soon to get my first rep!

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Hi guys,

Best Noob case is on 390N, totally different from the V3, I called it V4. Maybe in the next time you will see this case on 111, 005, etc...

vvind

Known Member
24/6/13
I just got QC pictures for lume and also the time graph. Lume looks awesome! How do i read this time graph? Its 0 seconds off so its perfect? thanks

5340a.jpg

5340.jpg

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
I just got QC pictures for lume and also the time graph. Lume looks awesome! How do i read this time graph? Its 0 seconds off so its perfect? thanks

5340a.jpg

5340.jpg

mine is also "perfect" lol so it should be fine and dont get too excited when u get this super rep.

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
0 s/d on the timeograph is good, but expect it to gain or lose a little on the wrist. Got to love Noob lume on their PAMs :D

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
By the way vvind, my avatar is a lume shot of my Noon 177, which is basically a 111 in titanium. Love it :)