• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

hubrisin

22/4/08
It amazes me how far the rep game has evolved, for $200 you get a watch that used to cost upwards to $800.
With re-polishing the case, flattening/ polish the CG and cannon pin, these are very close to gen specs (movement aside).

Gatehouse

Getting To Know The Place
19/2/14
Hey guys, just going to inquire about a 111n v3 here. I really like the watch, especially the open caseback, but i recently purchased a modded 005. I was looking at the 111n v3 before the 005, but I completely fell in love with the logo, and where the watch was modded, I decided to pick it up.

Would you think that this rep would be a waste of money? The watches are fairly similar and there doesnt seem to be any reasons other than the open caseback for me to actually purchase one. Im not a huge fan of the sandwich dial, but the lume of the 111 seems VERY impressive. My 005 seems to be lacking in that department, even though it was apparently re-done.

Thanks for any input!

justudor

18/1/13
Hey guys, just going to inquire about a 111n v3 here. I really like the watch, especially the open caseback, but i recently purchased a modded 005. I was looking at the 111n v3 before the 005, but I completely fell in love with the logo, and where the watch was modded, I decided to pick it up.

Would you think that this rep would be a waste of money? The watches are fairly similar and there doesnt seem to be any reasons other than the open caseback for me to actually purchase one. Im not a huge fan of the sandwich dial, but the lume of the 111 seems VERY impressive. My 005 seems to be lacking in that department, even though it was apparently re-done.

Thanks for any input!

How are you gauging that the lume is 'lacking' though?

I wouldn't own both I think. A little too similar. I love the sandwich dial on the 005 but hear that the 005 is a good rep too.

sweden

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/13
What do you guyes think about the second dial? Hard to explaine when my english isnt that great, but looks like its not greenish enough?

REdZGGj.jpg

fana05

12/5/12
What do you guyes think about the second dial? Hard to explaine when my english isnt that great, but looks like its not greenish enough?

REdZGGj.jpg

This is what they all look like. this one looks perfect

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
Second that. Just look at the crown guard symmetry and the fact that the CP is already flat. The dial/hands look just fine. The only question I have is the crown, isn't it supposed to be thinner?

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
I just received a 111n from the latest batch. I can confirm now that the lume on the hands now matching indexes better than before. It was improved. Which makes this watch even more perfect!

Tenoclockfindu

Do not accept unsolicited offers
13/5/13
Hi guys, I am planning to get my first Pam 111. Do u guys have any recommendation about the TDs ? I am planning to get the best 111 rep which i think it is 111n3. please correct if i am wrong :)

chronicvoice

3/10/13
Wasn't sure where this question should be posted so I figured here was a good start: my PAM 111v3 has had an issue with the top screw for the strap- it loosens itself over the course of a day or so. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweden

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/13
Wasn't sure where this question should be posted so I figured here was a good start: my PAM 111v3 has had an issue with the top screw for the strap- it loosens itself over the course of a day or so. Has anyone else had this issue?

For my cheap watch I used to put some nail polish on the screw. Make it stay in place but not that hard to unscrew if I wanted to change strap.

chronicvoice

3/10/13
Would Loctite still allow me to easily change straps? I have three at the moment I change quite frequently.

v8fd3s

Known Member
27/2/14
Would Loctite still allow me to easily change straps? I have three at the moment I change quite frequently.

blue lactite is designed to be removable, red lactite builds up. red can be removed but might damage weaker threads if not careful

chronicvoice

3/10/13
blue lactite is designed to be removable, red lactite builds up. red can be removed but might damage weaker threads if not careful

Good to know- and thanks for the advice! I was getting really annoyed having to screw that back in every day or two.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Good to know- and thanks for the advice! I was getting really annoyed having to screw that back in every day or two.

Use Loctite 222 or 243
No worries about

ALE

tmorgan

Known Member
28/2/14
I will be reading this thread religiously over the next few days, as I'm planning on purchasing a 111 V3 from Ryan friday.

GREAT thread guys!

skody

Known Member
13/4/14
Agreed, great thread guys.

Sent from my Nokia lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Boominferno

27/3/14
This loctite that you guys are mentioning, it will work on radiomir screws as well? Even if the screws are PVD? (Pam 505).