• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

S4m0302

Do not accept unsolicited offers
12/3/13
hello, newbie here
I'm about to get my first PAM111 and I think noob's PAM111 latest version (v3) is the greatest copy.
I need some help in how to identify if i really get the exact noob's PAM111 v3. what part i should be aware to check in QC pic or on hand watch.
need some advice. thx b4

I'm going to visit hongkong for next week, any recommended TD there?

slicer

26/2/13
Hi pam experts here, should I be concerned about this black patch/spot on the 30s marker of the second dial?

Thanks alot

pam111.jpg

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
even Albert Einstein, if he still alive and see ur watch in normal eye range
he wont able to spot it.
:D

imo its also looks fine and acceptable.
minor flaws though.

nice watch u got there,man.
enjoy.

slicer

26/2/13
Thanks! But TD decided to change the watch before i could even accept/reject it citing some flaws.:facepalm:

On to my 4th watch and set of qc pics. Guess I'm really unlucky

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Hi pam experts here, should I be concerned about this black patch/spot on the 30s marker of the second dial?

Thanks alot

pam111.jpg

Seriously bud that's a little extreme

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????

slicer

26/2/13
Yup i know.. Was gonna accept the watch already but TD changed the watch again saying he spotted something wrong with the watch.. Arghh..

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Picky people are the most unlucky. Not fail

ALE

rkkck

Known Member
20/5/12
Hi geeks..
I have 111m from noob which i am pretty happy with.
It was the same one which was awarded as the rep of the year 2011 by forum members. With single AR etc. Lume vs everything looks great. My only concern is the edges of the hands. When looked under magnifier, you can see that the edges are not black and at some angels you can see the yellowish back color of the hands.
Now i am checking this new V3 photos and most of them looks like having the same issue. Maybe this is not an issue, maybe this is like that in the gen series too. see pics below and sides of the hands. These are pics from V3 photos shared here..
dsc0968ax.jpg

Other than that, when compared with a gen 005 on my friends wrist, the crystal is maybe less clear on my rep. But not sure

have simple question to you Guru's...
1- Any development on the crystal from my version to V3 noob? Or the same crystal?
2- Do you think it is worth to buy a new V3 or stay with my noob M series?

Thanks

PeterPeterson

Getting To Know The Place
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/3/13
QC Photos from RYAN at INTIME.co

IMG_2952.JPG

IMG_2957.JPG

IMG_2961.JPG

IMG_2963.JPG

IMG_2971.JPG

The photos above are my QC photos from INTIME.co and I have requested a few more. In addition to the photos posted, I have requested:

1. Back Straight Down... hopefully showing Nxxx number
2. CG...
3. Front Straight Down... with hands NOT blocking "Luminor Marina" or "Panerai"
4. Lume Dark Shot

My initial assessment:

Good Signs:
"2" not an issue... CG edges look sharp... Pre-V Hands... Swan Neck & Pin look better than average (hard to tell from this photo)... Asso strap texture looks great... Crystal height looks good...

Possible Issues:
1. CG lever pin looks very dark... hard to tell is this is a gap or just difference in metal type or grain?
2. Can't see all of "Panerai" due to arm placement
3. Noob lume difference between hands & face still apparent

Anything I'm missing? Opinions Very Welcomed!

NOTE REGARDING INTIME.com: Ryan's communication and help continues to be PERFECT. In fact, I'm SERIOUSLY considering adding to my order before it ships!
:)

See my thread on the full purchase process at the link below:
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/pam111n-v3-from-138341

UPDATE:
Apparently Jordan had already taken the new photos before receiving my second email saying they would not be necessary. (Told you they were FAST at INTIME.co!) Second batch of QC photos attached below. Watch has been OK'd for Shipping! :)

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3004.JPG

IMG_3006.JPG

IMG_3007.JPG

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi geeks..
I have 111m from noob which i am pretty happy with.
It was the same one which was awarded as the rep of the year 2011 by forum members. With single AR etc. Lume vs everything looks great. My only concern is the edges of the hands. When looked under magnifier, you can see that the edges are not black and at some angels you can see the yellowish back color of the hands.
Now i am checking this new V3 photos and most of them looks like having the same issue. Maybe this is not an issue, maybe this is like that in the gen series too. see pics below and sides of the hands. These are pics from V3 photos shared here..

Other than that, when compared with a gen 005 on my friends wrist, the crystal is maybe less clear on my rep. But not sure

have simple question to you Guru's...
1- Any development on the crystal from my version to V3 noob? Or the same crystal?
2- Do you think it is worth to buy a new V3 or stay with my noob M series?

Thanks

Keep your M-series and just wait for a new version with more improvements.

ALE

BTW: Please, don't ask me for WHEN ?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The CG lever pin being "dark" is due to it being polished compared to the CG which is brushed. The polished surface is reflecting something dark (most likely the camera body). With regards to the I in PANERAI, the pictures in Ryan's website show it to be placed just fine. The difference in color of the hands and the numbers on the dial might just be because of the differences in depth. The indeces and numerals are deeper and have shadows compared to the hands which are completely exposed to the light. I've seen gen shots like this (with the watch head on its side) with similar results.

662438d1332706772fsotpa.jpg

Here's another shot with a different orientation but still the hands look whiter compared to the numbers and the indeces.

t5znt.jpg

A full front on shot might help to clear things.

PeterPeterson

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/3/13
Mysterio...
I was not aware that the head of the CG lever pin was polished... I guess I assumed it would be brushed like the surrounding metal... THANK YOU for your input!

I'm definitely excited to receive this watch! :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Mysterio...
I was not aware that the head of the CG lever pin was polished... I guess I assumed it would be brushed like the surrounding metal... THANK YOU for your input!

I'm definitely excited to receive this watch! :)

Yes it should be polished never brushed.
ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The CG lever pin being "dark" is due to it being polished compared to the CG which is brushed. The polished surface is reflecting something dark (most likely the camera body). With regards to the I in PANERAI, the pictures in Ryan's website show it to be placed just fine. The difference in color of the hands and the numbers on the dial might just be because of the differences in depth. The indeces and numerals are deeper and have shadows compared to the hands which are completely exposed to the light. I've seen gen shots like this (with the watch head on its side) with similar results.

Here's another shot with a different orientation but still the hands look whiter compared to the numbers and the indeces.

A full front on shot might help to clear things.

Althought in some last batches of PAM 111 V3 some owners, and even PCTeam members like Kaniel, have observed some differences in lume as above commented, I agree with mysterio that the difference could be enhanced by the difference of depth in markers lume. And maybe this difference doesn't exist in some cases and all is jsut an effect of the depth.

ALE

PeterPeterson

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/3/13
Thanks ALE7575 & Mysterio...

With regard to the hands & face numbers not matching, I was actually referring to the lume issue stated earlier in this thread. Although Misterio is probably correct regarding the QC photos of my watch above, I'm expecting the twilight lume colors NOT to match on hands & face numbers. I did not receive a QC lume shot from my dealer, but I'm not too concerned about it. I do like the idea of the hands & numbers lume matching at TWILIGHT because in all seriousness: how many of us are showing off the lume in COMPLETE darkness? Do you feel "Lucky?" ;)

My question is: Are most buyers who are concerned with matching twilight lume simply sending it off to be relumed? And does reluming definitely solve the issue?

(To be honest, I'm asking for a year from now when I get a little tired of the watch & I decide to revitalize my interest by performing the final "Super Rep" mods. But for now, I am not modding the watch at all)