• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Oh, I figured I could post QC here b/c of the thread title. Anyway, my main question was actually if it's a noob V3 (compared to H-fact, etc.) - is there any definitive way to tell?

Looks like the crownguard is square but I don't know if other versions have that too.

The QC pics here were allowed because there weren't enough pictures of the Noob V3 to make a determination what was different from the V2 to the V3. Your intent to post the QC pics were different, for us to tell you what was wrong with the rep even without doing the necessary research on the watch first.

Only the Noob PAM111 so far has squared off inner corners on the CG. Did you ask your TD if it's a PAM111 V3 Noob? Which TD was it? ;)

Getting To Know The Place
3/3/13
Only thing wrong with it is posting QC pics and asking us what's wrong with it. :p

Please read this thread about posting QC pics.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/purpose-qc-pictures-95316

Unless you see something terribly wrong with the pictures, you should not post it here. Oh, and the watch looks fine.

I'm quite new here and I've been following this thread for a while now.

In planning on getting a 111 Noob as well and I was gonna post my QC photos here for people to check them.

I'm not sure if you are an admin but a few days ago someone's QC pic thread was removed because it was asking 'what's wrong' and the admin told him/her that this thread was the ONLY place to post them.

I'll look for that thread right now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I'm quite new here and I've been following this thread for a while now.

In planning on getting a 111 Noob as well and I was gonna post my QC photos here for people to check them.

I'm not sure if you are an admin but a few days ago someone's QC pic thread was removed because it was asking 'what's wrong' and the admin told him/her that this thread was the ONLY place to post them.

I'll look for that thread right now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

You are looking for this thread.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=135865

No I am not an admin, just a member. I still do think posting QC pictures here (although the original purpose of the thread I guess would have been served after 6 months) still needs some work on the members' part. Research first and see whether you can see anything wrong with the watch based on the pictures posted here, then post here with your findings. We would be more than happy to let you know if what you're seeing is a real concern or just in your head. :cheers:

manwolf

4/4/13
QC pics have arrived from intime.

everything looks good to me but - the hands vs. dial color shade..? not entirely sure if they're supposed to be that way; or it's just the way the noob's are. maybe the indirect light makes the lume look off against the hands? Can't really see the serial number too well in the photo either; everything else seems in order. I've read carefully on what to look for, and everything looks great aside from those two concerns I have; it might just be newbie jitters though..? They sent 7 photos, i'll attach a couple from important angles. I LOVE the strap!

x282ky.jpg

ipd348.jpg

ei2epw.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Even the Swan Neck is in cosmetically correct position

ALE

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
QC pics have arrived from intime.

everything looks good to me but - the hands vs. dial color shade..? not entirely sure if they're supposed to be that way; or it's just the way the noob's are. maybe the indirect light makes the lume look off against the hands? Can't really see the serial number too well in the photo either; everything else seems in order. I've read carefully on what to look for, and everything looks great aside from those two concerns I have; it might just be newbie jitters though..? They sent 7 photos, i'll attach a couple from important angles. I LOVE the strap!

See my reply to PeterPeterson to the very same observation about the hands (and same TD).

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showpost.php?p=1364831&postcount=596

manwolf

4/4/13
hey mysterio! thanks for the insight; I had a feeling it's just the light. I asked for additional full front centered light shots and timegrapher shots.

PeterPeterson

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/3/13
After really enjoying the watch for about a week now, the watch still amazes me. The movement is beautiful and it is so much fun to wear! That being said, with regard to the lume:

1. There is DEFINITELY a difference in lume color between the hands and the dial numbers in almost every single light setting except pitch black.

2. The lume does not last at all as long as I was hoping. Maybe my watch has not spent enough time outside in natural light? I thought I read a member comment that the lume would last all night if he wore it I outside most of the day? Even after an hour in sunlight, the SUPER bright lume fades within about five minutes and the "fair" lume is gone within an hour.

In all fairness, I have not had the watch outside at all and plan to try better tests this week. Even my quick "sunlight" test described above was a window sill behind the glass. To me, the lume inaccuracies are much more noticeable than the incanloc, so I believe a relume would be my choice for a first mod.

PeterPeterson

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/3/13
To better illustrate my point...

I put my watch in a window sill under sunlight for five hours this morning (sunlight through window glass). The following are photos of the lume in a pitch black room immediately after sunlight (2:34), +6 minutes (2:40), +7 (2:47), & +11 (2:58). Initially, the lume is so bright it feels like it lights up the entire room, but 25 minutes later, the lume was SO dim my eyes couldn't even find the watch until they adjusted to the room! The last photos probably show the lume brighter than actual because I do not have a camera app for locking the aperture setting on the iPhone.

IMG_3796.JPG

IMG_3797.JPG

IMG_3798.JPG

IMG_3800.JPG

IMG_3804.JPG

I guess my main question is:
Is this short lume time normal for most stock Noob PAM111N V3 reps? It doesn't seem very "SuperLume" to me...

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
- a window sill is not the most efficient charger, because the window filters out most of the UV, which is what your watch craves for:)

Kleen

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/13
That's a dial-up, static measurement. No probs irl...

manwolf

4/4/13
ah I see. the beat error is near flawless haha. Thanks for the help; guys. rest of the watch checks out. he sent a better serial shot but no need to post that.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
+9sec/day is almost COSC

Perfect for a rep and many gen ....LOL...

ALE

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
To better illustrate my point...

I put my watch in a window sill under sunlight for five hours this morning (sunlight through window glass). The following are photos of the lume in a pitch black room immediately after sunlight (2:34), +6 minutes (2:40), +7 (2:47), & +11 (2:58). Initially, the lume is so bright it feels like it lights up the entire room, but 25 minutes later, the lume was SO dim my eyes couldn't even find the watch until they adjusted to the room! The last photos probably show the lume brighter than actual because I do not have a camera app for locking the aperture setting on the iPhone.

I guess my main question is:
Is this short lume time normal for most stock Noob PAM111N V3 reps? It doesn't seem very "SuperLume" to me...

Angus put up a very lengthy review of the Noob PAM111M in the stickies where he put a gen dial against H-Factory and Noob Factory dials in a head to head (or rather dial to dial) comparison. Even the lume was tested and in his opinion, the Noob factory replicated the gen dial lume quite well.

As for the length of holding the intensity of the lume, since I don't have a gen dial (as well as a PAM111N, although I do have an H-Factory PAM243M) to definitively compare, I thought I'd read up on the matter. Here is what I found:

SuperLume was not so named because of any supernatural ability to exude light although of course, I am sure part of the intention to name it that way was to give the impression that it was superior to anything else in the market. It is short for Super LumiNova, a high performance phosphorescent pigment manufactured by LumiNova AG Switzerland and is used by most major watch manufacturers.

Rather than copy paste the entire explanation, I think I'd put the link to the article written by someone who likely knows his lume, Ziggy, or otherwise known as the The Ziggmeister.

Super LumiNova : How It Works, What It Is and What It Is Not

I hope it sheds some light (pun intended) on the matter. ;)

PeterPeterson

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
7/3/13
Thanks Mysterio!
I'll read through it soon... I seem to remember some old Timex & Casio watches from the early 80s that would literally wake you up in the middle of the night with brightness... Did they run out of unicorn piss for the lume?

Still unbelievably pleased with the watch. I'm afraid to wear it in some everyday situations, but then I remind myself: it's not a gen... Enjoy it!

light94

Known Member
10/2/13
Is it easy to waterproof the 111 to 5-10atm? It's technically not a "diver's watch".

Risenshine85

14/9/11
It seems everyone orders this watch with asso strap. I ordered mine for Ryan with rubber. Can anyone speak about the quality of the rubber.

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
the rubber quality imo is the same from all TD
i got one from trevor and i believe it will be the same as the factories is same
:)

The quality is good, eventhough gen rubber strap has deeper words.
it doesnt smell, and soft on my wrist.

but who cares on panerai rubber strap?
they wont notice and moment u receive ur watch
u will forget about it.
:D