• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} PAM 111 Noob V3 - Discussion, Compilation of data, Wristshots, QC pics

kr_clk

Getting To Know The Place
3/12/12
Hi kr_

Your watch semms OK

Concerning SN gap. Surely your watch was running too fast, then dealer or maker moved the regulator lever to the SLOWER position (correct way). Since the Noob screw is always short the tip of the secrew doesn't reach the regulator lever.
That happens in all Noob regulated to Slower position.
No worries about, that doesn't affect the correct working of your watch!! If you move the regulator lever until it touches the screw your watch will run Faster and will gain time.

Only if your watch is losing time you could move the regulator lever to the Faster position.

ALE

Hi Ale,

Thanks learnt something new today. It is true that the watch is running too fast. On the timegrapher, it shows +8s/day. That explains the regulator lever at the slower position and thus the gap.

Thanks.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Ale,

Thanks learnt something new today. It is true that the watch is running too fast. On the timegrapher, it shows +8s/day. That explains the regulator lever at the slower position and thus the gap.

Thanks.

;)
:maty:

Tony82s

Do not accept unsolicited offers
9/3/12
hi, i'm new here.

here are my QC pics for a 111 v3.

i've already accepted it though.

any comments?

only thing i can really spot is that the swan neck screw is a little off

7NzAmht.jpg

go32kwl.jpg

unUF9Lb.jpg

Nice pieceis it an Swiss ETA?
What's the lead time, cost and shipping?

Thanks!

rickdangerous

Known Member
30/4/12
Nice pieceis it an Swiss ETA?
What's the lead time, cost and shipping?

Thanks!

I was going to say "are you serious?" but then I realized you're new here. Welcome aboard. One tip: read read read a lot before asking ______ questions. And no it's not AAA+ Swiss ETA. ;)

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
Please add:

- Correct SHAPE in Swan Neck Spring support
1- Orange arrow (curved shape)
2- Green arrow (longer support)

PAM111V3-SWANNECKSPRINGSHAPES_zps3569ccef.jpg

BTW- Do you think that the gen PAM 111 features a gasket in the lever pin?? (I have seen your thread about Kuvarsit 360 case)

ALE

Ale,

Thanks for the inspiration, I might begin to include this on my mods.

Just made this one up, when I shaved it the brass came through so I nickle plated it and then hit it with some platinum plating. Can't do anything about the top end, the factory shaves it too much.
swan.jpg

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ale,

Thanks for the inspiration, I might begin to include this on my mods.

You are welcome
This is a good decision, because the end shape of the Noob swan neck spring is awful !!
Anyway bear in mind the indications about this shape in my future thread about modds (remember you have a rough copy of the thread)
Congrats for your new modd it is really good

If the swan neck spring is mede of brass, it is impossible its working. It would need a very special Spring alloyed Steel with a thermic treatment. OMG!!!

ALE

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
It has no tension at all if you separate it it stay no memory what so ever, that said the older H factory SN did have excellent tension and I have build a couple out there that have working swan neck regulators. The ones I build now are only for aesthetics not working, but then again we need to remember they are reps. and will never be identical.

I also noticed that the swan neck is not positioned properly on the rep cock anyway, it seems the base with the screws should sits lower, like on the gen.
sndis.jpg

Damarkos

20/4/12
Question about crown. In some Davidsen hommages used double seals crown

DSC_5162.jpg

Pam 111 v3 from Noob used this double seals crown or not?

lascaux

Known Member
7/12/12
I think I have studied the 111 for a long time, so if you would like me to look at your QC pics feel free to send them to me and I will tell you my opinion.

I have asked my fair share of questions and now it is my turn to help!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I think I have studied the 111 for a long time, so if you would like me to look at your QC pics feel free to send them to me and I will tell you my opinion.

I have asked my fair share of questions and now it is my turn to help!

It would be better you share your knowledge in this thread or in another thread started by yourself. Would not it?

ALE

Joedoe

14/10/10
Hi Fellows,

Just want to say that this is an awesome thread here!

After weeks of waiting, today i received my Pam 111n v3 from a little spa treatment, i wanted to get the cannon pin polished and crown guard pin mod done. Heres the result i dont know if im happy with it? Please let me know what you guys think!

Thanks
Joe

Dog4

26/1/13
Hi all,

Just got these qc pics from torro. The swan neck obviously is way short, anything else I am missing?

This is a v3 not a beginners?

Thanks in advance.

Dog.

image_zpsee48d475.jpg

image_zps719ac45e.jpg

image_zps8b95da35.jpg

image_zpsd76e55a1.jpg

image_zps037ef325.jpg

pierce88

24/1/13
Toro is back in business after CNY :cheese:
That's QC for a classic Noob V3. I can see a mark between I and C in officine at the back of the mechanism, can you spot anything that I have not? Should I go ahead and confirm ? Thanks in advance.

inaduf.jpg

rrs8ib.jpg

a0ez4w.jpg

28md2r8.jpg

5oxl3t.jpg

Jocke007

25/9/12
Just ordered a PAM111 V3N and got the QC's. I know you are not suppose to throw the question out there if there is anything wrong so here comes my indepth analysis :facepalm:.

Really hard to tell from the picture of the dial if it is actually pre-v hands. What do you think are they?

Also on the ingraving on the movement it seems to be "PANER AI" rather than "PANERAI" I saw someone else with this previously but I cannot find that post now. Is this anything you would worry about or am I just picky?

Here comes the noob disclaimer "Is there anything I have missed that just stands out like a sore thumb?"

View attachment 16386

View attachment 16387