• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek 5740 clone movement

twixt

Horology Curious
17/3/16
These gens are all >100k watches.
Very true but you can not get a descent gen for $500 whereas you can have one for $10k
We have all our various willingness to spend but I doubt this initiave goes very far. Let's hope they sell enough so as to significantly decrease future threshold

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
Very true but you can not get a descent gen for $500 whereas you can have one for $10k
We have all our various willingness to spend but I doubt this initiave goes very far. Let's hope they sell enough so as to significantly decrease future threshold
This 20k builds are extremely popular on China, they don’t make it for general public but for its niche market, same as the 240 and 324 free sprung movements or the Vaucher RMs.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
DE
Someone I spoke to recently said some guy named MartinLee of RHwatch (non-td? Idk) posted an ad that the 5740 will be a CNC custom case, dial, hands and moonphase- and theyre available for pre-order. Obviously Im not going to be someone to pre-order from some no name shop but it seems its starting to make some waves.

I really hope this isn't some super custom 6k+ piece.
Do you mean this MartinLee? https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/welcome-to-the-brig-martinlee.10945594/

Reactions: Jammydodger79

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
DE
No idea if I’m honest I’ve never heard of him, probably though? I did some digging the other day and he runs around the scammy bst reddit places
Well, the guy who ended up in the Brig does have a reason.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Thank you for posting!
...does not look mass produced and rather well finished but then again - who would want a cheaply made time bomb anyways haha.

Are these images of the bespoken custom perpetual calendar movement or a salvaged gen movement for an aftermarket case?

Is there an image of its beautiful back @Corvax ? ;)

Db9s

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/23
Canada
Thank you for posting!
...does not look mass produced and rather well finished but then again - who would want a cheaply made time bomb anyways haha.

Are these images of the bespoken custom perpetual calendar movement or a salvaged gen movement for an aftermarket case?

Is there an image of its beautiful back @Corvax ? ;)
are you saying its good or bad? I would rather have 10 cheap movements rather than one $7k movement.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
are you saying its good or bad? I would rather have 10 cheap movements rather than one $7k movement.
What I mean is that the finish looks rather sophisticated and not like a mass produced movement like the stock 324 or 240.

Precision and longevity can be rarely judged solely by looks but all the involved parts look like they were produced with the necessary amount of attention to their function.

With such a complicated mechanism you wouldn't want the level of quality found in the mass produced stock 240.

I would give this movement the benefit of the doubt and assume that its costs result from a mixture of R&D, engineering, material properties (hopefully) and of course exclusivity whilst other custom movements like the RM Vaucher clone make up their price of prestige and exclusivity by a big portion.

But then again I would have to assume that this is indeed a custom movement and not just a poor butchered gen movement being prepared for a more sought after case...

Reactions: Db9s

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
WeChat seller popup just informed me that currently there are 50 pieces for sale and the price is and will be fixed. Watches might be released in the distant future.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
WeChat seller popup just informed me that currently there are 50 pieces for sale and the price is and will be fixed. Watches might be released in the distant future.
Maybe an esteemed member here will pick up a build. But most of these builds I have a feeling are going towards Chinese Replica Whales....

For me, this movement, is pretty pointless at that price point. i don't care how well finished it is, at $7k, if you're not in China or have a reliable way to ship it back to modders in China it isn't worth it.

One snap or break or jolt or part break and it becomes a nice 7k piece of metal with 0 way to fix unless you have an access to a guy who can custom make watch parts.

Good luck even getting a gen part for a perpetual calendar....

At 7k you can buy a nice FC Perpetual Calender - all the upsides with none of the downsides. Hell I've seen these go for 5k and less.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Maybe an esteemed member here will pick up a build. But most of these builds I have a feeling are going towards Chinese Replica Whales....

For me, this movement, is pretty pointless at that price point. i don't care how well finished it is, at $7k, if you're not in China or have a reliable way to ship it back to modders in China it isn't worth it.

One snap or break or jolt or part break and it becomes a nice 7k piece of metal with 0 way to fix unless you have an access to a guy who can custom make watch parts.

Good luck even getting a gen part for a perpetual calendar....

At 7k you can buy a nice FC Perpetual Calender - all the upsides with none of the downsides. Hell I've seen these go for 5k and less.
Agreed, that's why it's no go for me, too.

Reactions: Db9s and Reaps

Db9s

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/23
Canada
Can you let me know the id of this group ? I too dream of being a rich but sensible Chinese whale.

• Haha
Reactions: solexz