• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek 5740 clone movement

Db9s

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/23
Canada
Let’s be honest. This is not even more complicated than the Daytona movement. It should cost similar when mass produced by multiple factories.

I just hope it makes it to mass adoption rather than an ACE $7k movement.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
FYI

At one of my PayPal friendly WeChat dealers the pice is RMB 48,000.

Reactions: Reaps

Db9s

12/5/23
Canada
I just feel extremely betrayed and disappointed. There’s gen perpetual watches under $8k. ACE is being totally greedy cloning this and charging $7k for a movement. Daytona movement is just as complicated and costs less.

I hope all the other factories take out their own version of this movement. ACE is just greedy at this point.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I just feel extremely betrayed and disappointed. There’s gen perpetual watches under $8k. ACE is being totally greedy cloning this and charging $7k for a movement. Daytona movement is just as complicated and costs less.

I hope all the other factories take out their own version of this movement. ACE is just greedy at this point.
I do also hope that other factories will rep the ACA rep. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BIONONE

Panda

🐼
Patron
Certified
10/11/21

they know people will pay

5712 ace is still 3k and selling

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

Just do the math on a replication of such complicated mechanism at low volume...

Frederic Constante is not comparable to an illegal factory spending time and money on R&D trying to understand the initial thoughts of PP engineers, making everything work (assuming this clone works haha)

Back then when clone movements were a novelty, we talked about 1-1.5 Mio. $ for the development of a clone like the 4130 with fixed contracts of 5.000 Movements MOQ etc.

Then set this into perspective - something which was believed to be unfathomable - a PP Perpetual Calendar clone...

I'm optimistic that at higher volumes this pricing will be adjusted just like the new RM055 clone which was around 3K initially and is now found in a 700$ rep. Let's see.

Db9s

12/5/23
Canada
Just do the math on a replication of such complicated mechanism at low volume...

Frederic Constante is not comparable to an illegal factory spending time and money on R&D trying to understand the initial thoughts of PP engineers, making everything work (assuming this clone works haha)

Back then when clone movements were a novelty, we talked about 1-1.5 Mio. $ for the development of a clone like the 4130 with fixed contracts of 5.000 Movements MOQ etc.

Then set this into perspective - something which was believed to be unfathomable - a PP Perpetual Calendar clone...

I'm optimistic that at higher volumes this pricing will be adjusted just like the new RM055 clone which was around 3K initially and is now found in a 700$ rep. Let's see.

How long did it take for the price to come down for the RM clone ?

BIONONE

28/4/17
The actual RM Vaucher clone is still over 20K USD.
Yes but the movement of the current V3 by BBR was also sold separately for around 3-5K before it got widely available.

cubicmangoes

Time is free, but it’s priceless.
Patron
Certified
9/9/21
Looks like there could be the possibilty of some 3940 frankenstein watches appearing in the future soon.
3940 cases/dials could be equipped with this new movement alternative.
Exactly that is my dream.

I am currently looking into building a superfranken 5227.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIONONE

Db9s

12/5/23
Canada
Yes but the movement of the current V3 by BBR was also sold separately for around 3-5K before it got widely available.
Do you remember how long it took for the prices to come down ? I just want to manage my expectations of how long of a wait it will be.

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Do you remember how long it took for the prices to come down ? I just want to manage my expectations of how long of a wait it will be.

See my post above. 18 months, end of 2026, then double that period for good measure. Enjoy collecting and wearing the excellent reps that are currently available in the meantime ;)

BIONONE

28/4/17
See my post above. 18 months, end of 2026, then double that period for good measure. Enjoy collecting and wearing the excellent reps that are currently available in the meantime ;)
this